Official Info JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Buddha Fett Chosen One

star 4
    I'm actually a fan of both franchises, but I know what you mean. I do feel a bit like someone has got their peanut butter in my chocolate, honestly. :confused:
    The Bops likes this.
  2. Samayel_ Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    J.J Abrams, if you are reading this... READ THE ENTIRE NJO AND LOTF SERIES NOW!!!!!
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Wow, after he turned it down I figured that was that. But as he was one of three directors I have always thought would be good I am happy. I agree he should leave out the lens flare :p But otherwise I'm quite happy with this.

But good lord between this and Star Trek he's not going to sleep for the next 5 years.
    PrincessKenobi likes this.
  4. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 4
    Only good thing about this would be an increased chance of Star Trek going back to Star Trek.
  5. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    There are reasons why Star Trek had to set aside the space exploration side of the franchise, and go for a more audience friendly approach. That reason is called MONEY. Now that people are likely to come see a Star Trek film, they can begin slipping the ideas and concepts ST is known for back in.

It's the same reason why a Jurassic Park and Last of the Mohicans adapted straight from the novel would probably have been the suck.
  6. JevanShevu Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    he photoshopped lens flares. xD
  7. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  8. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    JJ will direct another Star Wars film it seems. He already released his first back in 2009: Star Trek.
  9. Avnar Force Ghost

star 2
    Cool! I hope it's true...
  10. Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Master

star 1
    It's funny, this news doesn't excite me at all. I have no problem with J.J. Abrams, but it's just not exciting to me.

Now that it's done though, what's the story going to be about? That's what's going to matter.
    Episode Swag likes this.
  11. DeviantSpirit Jedi Master

star 1
    Whatever the outcome, JJ Abrams knows how to make a fun adventure story in a grand scope and setting. Couldn't be happier with the choice so far.
  12. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
  13. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    Wow, I was pretty sure it was gonna be Vaughan. I feel like I should be eating crow right now. I have no problem with Abrams being the guy, but man what a liar. :)
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    The trailer and the previews for the new film tell me otherwise. Seems just as insipid and brain dead as the first one to me.
    ezekiel22x likes this.
  15. Figrin D'aniel Jedi Knight

star 2
    While I'm not really sure yet what I think of J.J. Abrams directing Star Wars, the one thing that makes me happy about is that means there is a really great chance of Michael Giacchino doing the music! Giacchino has done the music for like almost all of J.J. Abram's films and tv series so far: Star Trek, Super 8, Lost Fringe, etc.

Yes John Williams would definitley be my first choice but if he can't do it then I think Michael Giacchino is a very good choice for it. He is really good at creating themes and motifs for characters in a similar way to John William's music.
    The_Face likes this.
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    They clearly courted him until he wore down. It's official. Variety is the main business paper of Hollywood. They only report things they have checked with people's agents and studios.

Edit: Oh and I wish they could get Affleck to direct a second film.
  17. KED12345 Force Ghost

star 4
    In your opinion*
    Episode Swag likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    I agree with all of this.
    YoureNotJonesy likes this.
  19. Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Master

star 2
    I think you're all getting a little pissy over nothing.
    Abrams Star Trek was a wonderful film. It took something that was terrible uncool, and made it exceptionally cool.

If he can undo the naffness of the PT, we'll be well on our way to getting Star Wars back on that mighty pedestal it reigned from pre 99.
    Moog, YoureNotJonesy, Dra--- and 3 others like this.
  20. GGrievous Force Ghost

star 5
    Plot twist :p

@Lando's Little Maneuver I am fine with the decision since I think he's a good director, but he does drop projects for others. I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Trek for Wars since that's apparently what he wanted in the first place. His Trek movie is a Star Wars film in disguise.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Jan 24, 2013
  21. Pro Scoundrel Chosen One

star 4
    He's trying to heal the gap between Trekkies and Star Wars fans. :)
    kainee likes this.
  22. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Awesome news. It has an air of truth about it, in that it doesn't seem like the usual bull about the Saga doing the rounds.

I hope it's true.
  23. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    As much distain as i have for Ben Affleck -- he could certainly become Jacen in my mind's eye
  24. ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Grand Master

star 4

That's classic Abrams. He is a master of diversion and the shell game.

Kiss any hopes of leaks and rumours from the set goodbye.
    :D
    Padme501st likes this.
  25. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4