main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST JJ Abrams to direct Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    For the same reason when it was announced Disney bought Star Wars everyone was so worried it was going to be all Mickey Mouse and kiddy.

Episode Swag likes this.
  2. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Great news! I think Abrams is a great director, and I loved his version of Star Trek. I am very optimistic!

Echo-07 and boomx2sjk like this.
  3. FirstStarWars

FirstStarWars Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Cuase i

4. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    He wrote the screenplay

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yikes! You're right! It would make the time between films something absurd like 2009-2013 or some crazy situation like that!

6. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    He did Armageddon?

Oh, crap. :oops:

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  7. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Eh, who cares. I could care less about Trek. The Wars is what I care about. I am good with JJ being the guy.

8. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    I said I hope he gets rid of a few bad habits, I don't hope he gets rid of his good habits.

That's what I'm hoping for, all the things I don't like about Abrams are easily fixed, except for his involvement with Star Trek.

9. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

I'm not a Lucas hater and I love this news.

Abrams is awesome.

And how is rebooting a dead franchise and making a successful movie "the worst, arrogant rookie move any filmmaker could do".?

The statement makes absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

The entire post is nonsense, in fact.

10. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    All the websites that are 'reporting it' are just reporting what the other sites said, is anyone reporting this on the on are just The Wire

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  11. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Another nonsense post.

Unless, you were being funny.

But you weren't.

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  12. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Amen to this^^^

People say there are a lot of "Lucas Fan Boys", but it looks like most of the J.J. Fan Boys are already here.

Being not excited about the choices is one thing, being terrified that Abrams is going to reboot Star Wars is another..

13. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Exactly. Nobody "official" has said anything. People are just re-reporting the "news" that The Wrap posted.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

1. Like what? Looking at his list of work I've seen that I just posted, I don't see anything that jumps out.
    2. Absolutely horrid, and the reason I hate his work. It's less mystery and mythology than MAXIMUM MELODRAMA OVERDRIVE.
    3. I'm not familiar with his work, I don't have an ear for music. Looking at his credits, much of it with Abrams, I am not impressed.

15. Aizakku Rorensu

Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2013
    One thought on J.J. Abrams: since he also does television, I can see Disney doing a Joss Whedon with him. Have him direct the movies, and also have him head up a Star Wars TV series on ABC.

Echo-07 and Palpatine2016 like this.
  16. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    We should at least acknowledge the fact that JJ Abrams made a decent Star Trek film. Maybe it disgruntled the Star Trek fandom but from a general perspective it was an entertaining film and did an extremely good job of melding CGI with make-up and costume design. I think he'd do a great job and revitalize Star Wars in a way that Lucas failed to with the PT.

17. FirstStarWars

Sep 4, 2012
    that was JJ back in Dec. Seems ODD that he would not only change his mind THAT FAST

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  18. Lando8813

Lando8813 Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2012
    EW has said they confirmed it while giving credit to The Wrap for breaking it first. I think the cat is out of the bag a little earlier than Lucasfilm wanted which is why they are not yet commenting.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    'Decent film' is in the eye of the beholder. I've tried, but I just can't watch it. I can't. The shaky cam and lens flares make me want to puke.

kainee likes this.
  20. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Heaven only knows, my friend.

I didn't know Abrams had a hand in that. I'll have to look it up.

21. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    May the Force be with us.....

Empress Shatterpoint and kainee like this.
  22. ThatWanFromStewjon

Oct 8, 2012
    Your a real live wire, ain't ya? ;)

WhiskeyGold likes this.
  23. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Yeah It annoys me how all of the Lucas haters are soiling themselves over this news just because its anybody but Lucas and being JJ Abrams is the new "in" and "cool" director and he did Star Trek and Super 8 and created Lost.

That is just me getting annoyed because I know the only reason why some people are excited about this news.

Me, I am not a big fan of Trek or the 2009 reboot (though I think me not being too big on Trek 09 has more to do with me not liking Trek in general rather than the work Abrams did on it). I did like Super 8 and loved MI:3 which he also directed. But I do respect him as a filmmaker. I am also someone who loves the prequels as much as the OT. I am still happy about this news.

24. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    What are Abrams' thoughts on the prequels? If he respects them, then I am more than excited.

25. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Suits me fine. He seems to have a true fondness for SW and he doesn't hate the PT. Whoever they got would be continuing the style of the previous films anyway, but he can bring some new visual cues as well. I love SW and ST so the silly comparisons between the two doesn't affect me.

Echo-07, Episode Swag and kainee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.