main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JJ Abrams wants a spin-off about the Knights of Ren

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by black_saber, Jul 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    robbman21 likes this.
  2. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    He's saying that it would be a nice idea for Lucasfilm to pursue, not that he'd personally like to make such a film.

3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Yeah, just an off the cuff remark.
    He recently stated that he's had enough of Franchise Reboots for now. Done enough of them.

As a story... we need to know more about the KoR before judging it too much.

TX-20, ewoksimon and Artoo-Dion like this.
  4. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    We don't know anything about them yet to even contemplate whether this would be a good idea...

5. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
  6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I doubt he'd take up the helms and do it himself. He's said his piece, and I think he wants to move on to doing other things. He might not even have an actual story in mind, he might just vaguely think it'd be an idea worth exploring.

TX-20, Avnar and Artoo-Dion like this.
  7. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    you'll get to know more about them in episode 8. for more then a couple of flashes in the rain.

DL44Jo likes this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Updated title to make it clear that JJ isn't saying he wants to direct the film.

9. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Isn't JJ the kinda guy who likes to move a story forward? Not back?

10. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    if that were true star trek wouldnt have gotten a reboot literally back to the begining (to be clear, i thought it was a good move)

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Unless the Knights of Ren really wow me in Episode VIII, I will pass. I would much rather see a movie about the Jedi/Sith.

12. Jim Ryalto

Jim Ryalto Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 21, 1998

Yeah, haven't had any of those...

13. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

I know of a few movies about the Jedi/Sith. PM me, and I'll send you some links.

14. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Interesting. A while back, Kasdan also mentioned that he'd like to see a film about them (but said he wouldn't want to write it). IIRC, it was Kennedy who pushed hard for them to be shown in TFA.

Like others, I'm waiting to see how they are portrayed in E8 before getting too excited. But it does seem that a number of high level folks are interested in this.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  15. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm kinda expecting the Knights of Ren to be completely silent and eventually all killed off in Ep. 8 or 9 but then they'll make a new prequel that fleshes them out more.

16. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

I mean during the Jedi/Sith Wars smart ass.

17. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    I also the believe that If This movie does happen it maybe become a trilogy which in my opinion could explore more there origins, Maybe disney beyond 2020 could push every 2 or 3 movies a year.

Theres like not only announced projects of movies but there are also secert movies of Star wars that Disney may be working. Plus Ewan mcgreger wants an obi wan film. Plus announced stuff that have not play into part yet and justs talks.

Anyways I would love to a trilogy based of knights of Ren fighting Other Dark Side Groups and How they became a group.

18. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Are those canon?

Avnar likes this.
  19. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    They are somewhat Canon, I mean I beleive that if disney makes movies in the Knights of the old republic era, it would be told from there point of view and not that of the Expanded universe, Unless they draw some of its elements like the way they are bring back Grand Admiral Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels Season #

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    What would a KoR story be about?
    Is it a prequelish story about the Fall of Ben Solo?

Is it separate to Ben... There has been a gruesome murder, and Constable Zuvio investigates. Following the clues into the nasty underbelly of Galaxy, narrowly escaping capture, to discover a horrible Force Cult who make humanoid sacrifices, trying to summon from the grave an ancient Sith Lord... Yeah, him.

A bit of a Hammer Horror Occult kind of movie.

21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    yes, around 1000 years before the film saga the jedi and sith fought a climatic war leading to the apparent extinction of the sith. Darth Bane started the rule of two sometime around then and the rest is history.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  22. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Was that fully described in TCW? Or in other canon material?

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There are hints throughout multiple medium. In the animated series Yoda tells of ancient sith superweapons used at the time, powered by giant kyber crystals. In Rebels we see the remnants of a large battle on Malachor. In the books we learned The Jedi built the Coruscant temple over an ancient sith one after usurping the sith's galactic dominance.

ChefCurryWindu likes this.
  24. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't recall the timeline of the kyber crystal powered superweapons being locked down, but Bane was approx. 1000 years before TPM, so sometime immediately prior to that could be correct. This is the reference to those weapons from the TCW Crystal Crisis script:

Mace Windu: “It is unfortunate that you were unable to capture the crystal. We may never know what plans Grievous had for it.”
    Yoda: “Not Grievous. The work of the Sith lord this is. Better in the end that, destroyed, this crystal was.”
    Obi-Wan Kenobi: “I’ve never seen nor heard of a kyber crystal like this one. Was the council aware of their existence?”
    Mace Windu: “Master Yoda?”
    Yoda: “Out of the stories of old this crystal comes. Long ago, in forgotten times when the Sith and Jedi fought for control of the galaxy weapons there were, of unimaginable power. Always at their heart, a kyber crystal was, just like the one you described.”
    Anakin Skywalker: “You’re speaking of childrens’ stories, fairy tales.”
    Yoda: “In legends, we often find great truths, Skywalker. A warning, this is: powerful, the Sith lord has become. With great designs for our destruction. If, find one of these crystals, he can, another he will seek.”

http://starwarsmaven.info/crystalcrisisonutapau/

25. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Good question. But I would like to see a Star Wars movie set during the time when the Sith were at their peak. Before the Rule of 2. :D

black_saber likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.