main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion JJ hasn't spoken to Lucas about VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bad_Feeling, Jun 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    George Lucas is acting as a creative consultant on "Star Wars: Episode VII," but he hasn't done any consulting. At least not yet. In a new interview with Access Hollywood, Lucas said his contact with "Episode VII" director J.J. Abrams has been nonexistent.

"I have not spoken to J.J.," Lucas revealed at the 2013 Daytime Emmy Awards. "He's been busy with 'Star Trek.' I'm sure he'll let me know when he's got some questions. It's all going well. Kathy tells me it's working out great." Kathy in that sentence is Kathleen Kennedy, the current president of Lucasfilm and the person responsible for getting Abrams onboard for the sequel.

"Please do 'Star Wars,'" Kennedy said she asked Abrams, after the director initially said he wouldn't direct "Episode VII." The rest, as they say, is history.

"Episode VII" is set for release in 2015; Disney, which owns Lucasfilm now, has not set an official date for the film's release.

Source: http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3460124?utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Thoughts?

2. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    No big deal really.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Weird cause I thought we got a story recently which implied they have talked. Oh well. I'm not going to panic
    Cue fanboys panicking

4. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I honestly wish Lucas doesn't get involved. Lucas is scary. The "Noooo" scream in Return of the Jedi haunts me. If the guy is capable of making that type of decisions, then please let him stay away from this.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.