main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jjanda's Personal Thread - Some rambling about my car and my brother (which are related, now...)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother House' started by Jjanda_Solo, Jul 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I could've written a personal thread about much more telling/important/personal things, like one of my friend's suicide attempt or my uncertain and at the moment rather stressful relationship with my boyfriend and my parents, but I'm just not up to typing up something like that. :p

So, I shall talk about something much simpler and more mundane. I realize, also, that I have probably not yet bragged about my car to this particular group, so now I'll do that.

A few months ago, during the latter half of my senior year of high school, my parents decided that they should get me a car, particularly so I would have a way to go to/from college. The college I'm going to is about a four hour drive from where I live, so it'll be reasonable to come home on weekends sometimes or definitely on vacations. They also decided rather than just getting the cheapest clunker we could find, I should get a car that was used (new would be a little too expensive), maybe 3-5 years old or so, but that was in good condition and that I would like and that would last a long time and not be constantly breaking down on me. They were thinking that a Honda or Acura would be good, since they're supposed to hold their value better than most cars and are pretty good. And there were no complaints from me of course. So, we started looking. My mom's way of looking for things is to figure out almost exactly what you want and then search the internet and everything else massively for it, taking as long as it takes to find a good thing for a good deal. I decided that I wanted a dark green car (my favorite color), and we decided we would get either a Honda Civic or an Acura Integra. I would've been okay with a Civic, but, through a story which I will now cut short which mostly involved a very good deal, that wasn't what I got.

What I got was a green two door 1998 Acura Integra. It is, as I said, my favorite color, and I love the way the Integra looks too (it has these unusual round headlights and generally looks fairly unique... I could pick out an Integra from almost any angle at a reasonable distance :p). It has a spoiler, moon roof, CD player, etc., and it's fun to drive. Okay, okay, I have to admit, I'm a lazy driver so I got an automatic transmission. I have a friend who thinks it's a crime almost to have an Integra that's an automatic. But, what can I say? I'm a lazy driver. An automatic was what I wanted. Basically, I love my car. I know I'm terribly spoiled. :p Though, I'm not actually going to own the car until my parents give it to me when I graduate from college. But it's effectively mine until then too.

Yeah, basically, I love my car. [face_love] :p

Okay, now for the part about my brother. He's two years and nine months younger than me. His birthday is July 16 (yes, that's right mathematicians, three days ago). And he turned 16. And, unlike me, the slacker, who didn't get her license until she was 17 and a half, he got his on his birthday. Actually, he practically had it before his birthday. He managed to do the written and the drive test before he actually turned 16. All he had to do on his birthday was walk in and have his picture taken. So, every member of my family is now a licensed driver. And this relates to the rest of this thread because, since I now have the coolest car in my family and my brother has no car at all but does have a license... he will probably be wanting to borrow my car from time to time. Which is okay I guess, though I hate to trust him with it. I mean, he's really a pretty careful driver, and pretty safe, it's just I don't think he's that experienced, and I even almost worry about my car sometimes when my parents borrow it. Anyway, in September I'll be going to college, in my car, and then it will be beyond the reach of everyone... except, I fear, all of my friends who won't have as nice of cars and will doubtless constantly want to borrow it...

2. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    sounds like you have a really nice car, i know i wouldn't let my brother borrow it if i were you :D

3. Silmarillion

Silmarillion Manager Emerita/Ex RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 1999
    Have you got a photo of it? I have no idea what an Acura is. Sounds pretty schmick though!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.