main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN JJM work at Del Rey

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JohnJacksonMiller, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    Folks, go getcher free Lost Tribe of the Sith ebook. It was one of those things at Midsouthcon I couldn't say anything about...

2. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    And it's free?? :eek: Shweet!!

I can't read that long on a computer screen, so I shall now go kill a tree. ;)

Thanks for the heads-up, John! :D

3. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Thanks for the heads-up! :D

*goes off to retrieve*

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Downloaded it last night and read (a Facebook friend posted a link to all her SW buddies)! Awesome story!!!

I found myself really liking Korsin, his half-brother...not so much. Their story was very interesting.

And I loved this line about Saes:

"You couldn't trust someone the Jedi couldn't trust, and they would trust just about anyone." [face_laugh]

And OMG, Naga Sadow. *squeal*

I loved hearing about the humans and red skinned full-blooded Red Sith and their intermingling to make the future Sith. And I always thought the Massassi were more formidable, but I think I like them more as "lumbering bi-peds".

I've read Outcast, and am really looking forward to Omen, especially after reading the story of the lost Sith and Christie's introduction of Vestara Khai.

Welcome to the FotJ era, John. Something tells me you'll be seeing much more of it. ;)

5. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Well, they are formidable, when they take their allergy meds! We're also seeing Korsin's attitude toward them, to a degree.

6. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Allergy meds, I like that, lol. Also, a lesson in not just killing and eating anything on a strange planet. I finished the Omen excerpt this afternoon. Between your backstory, and the continuation of the Sith ship, all I can say is OMG (and I may be able to see where Jacen got some of his stuff). I didn't expect to even be interested in FOTJ, but I really like the new Sith chick! And your story really makes me glad they are (hopefully) delving more into the ancient Sith as a people, rather than just a "religion" (so to speak). It gives them more depth.

7. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Finally got to read this and enjoyed it very much!! Your prose is great and I really liked the peppering of humor and sarcasm in action-packed drama.

(And it's not often I get to hear the phrase "pulmonary edema" outside of work. :cool:)

I'll confess that I don't know much about this era and I'd totally forgotten that the Sith were a red-skinned race (or species?). I guess I still think of "Sith" as cackling Palpatines and twirling Mauls, so it was really neat to see them in a 'normal,' albeit dire, situation.

Korsin was very cool. Sympathetic but scary in his own right.

And Seelah, in this part:

Seelah returned his gaze coldly. Thinking of Devore, thinking of little Jariad, she made a quick decision. Summoning all her anger, all her hatred, all her will . . .

. . . Seelah smiled back.

That's downright creepy! Loved it. [face_devil] I wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

This was part 1 of 2, right? Will the next one be a lead-in to a FotJ novel, or can you tell us?

8. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    It's part 1 of a number we're not going to say. And there will be more Seelah.

9. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    YAY to both! :D

10. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.