main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends JJoint Circumstances (A Rogue/ Wraith Squad fic) -- Updated 7/18 -- Corran, Rogues, Face, Tyria

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by XaveriiJade, Jul 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    Joint Circumstances

Prologue

A lone figure walked down the hall of the Allegiance, towards the officers? quarters. He sped up a bit, and then suddenly stopped in front of the unadorned door leading into General Antilles? temporary private quarters. He pulled a small black device out of his pocket, and placed it on the door lock. The device beeped softly as the numbers on the green display scrambled, then was silent as a series of definite numbers appeared. The dark-haired, dark-eyed man smiled, and pressed the numbers into the keypad next to the lock, making a small sound of appreciation as the door to the darkened room opened with a swoosh.

The man keyed the lights, then crossed the room to where the security camera was covered with a worn flight jacket. The man smirked. General Antilles obviously didn?t like to be spied on. Too bad, He thought. The man pulled another device out of his pocket, and placed it on the wall next to the camera. It was a recording device that he borrowed from NRI intelligence; very powerful, but so small it looked like nothing more than a bug on a wall. He took out a remote and pushed the red button, activating the device. The recorder would download all information directly to his datapad, so he would never have to com3 back to retrieve the footage. The man turned, walked out of the room, and closed the door.

Wes Janson smirked as he walked back to the officers? mess. This is going to be good?

```````````

Hey! I am starting a rogue/wraith squadron story, and this is just a tinsy preview. the next chapters will be much longer. Do I have anyone's intrest? If so, I could use a list of any charachters/pairings you want to see in the story. I will try to fufil everyone's requests. Thanks!

Xav

2. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Sounds interesting...I wonder what Wes is doing spying on Wedge. (Should I even ask?) I usually like anything that involves the Wraiths and/or Rogues, so any characters you want to include are fine by me. Nice start and keep up the good work!

3. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks! first post will be up tomarrow

4. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    What is Wes up to now? [face_worried]

5. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    Godd start with everyones favourite Rogue.

6. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    thanks for all the initial responses! tell me what you think!

~~~~

Colonel Tycho Celchu walked down the dinner line, attempting to find something decent to eat on the ship. As he looked at the selections and realized they were more disgusting as he moved along the line, he finally sighed and opted for some soup, rice, and a cup of strong caf. Placing his selections on a tray, he moved back to the corner table that Wedge Antilles and Hobbie Klivian were sitting at, chatting and idly picking at their food. As he moved to sit across from Wedge he saw Wes Janson walk into the room, a smug smile on his face. The merry pilot spotted them, and walked over. Warning bells immediately went off in Tycho?s head. He had worked with this man for over a decade, and knew from experience that something was obviously going on, and it probably wasn?t going to be something that he or Wedge enjoyed. He kept quiet, however, and continued to eat his rice as Janson sat and joined them, sitting next to Wedge. He looked over at Hobbie, or, more pointedly, at Hobbie?s meal.

?Whatcha got there, Hobbs?? Hobbie scowled and pulled his plate closer to his chest in a mock protective manner.
    ?Get your own.? Wes feigned hurt.

?I was just asking.? Wes looked over at Wedge, and Tycho saw that look come over his face again; the one that made Tycho want to instinctively lock him away somewhere so he couldn?t do any damage. ?So, boss, were you busy again last night, or did you manage to get some sleep this time?? Wedge turned red and kicked him under the table, while playing with the food on his plate. Wes just smiled merrily and reached over and tried to steal something off Tycho?s plate. He quickly pulled it out of reach and slapped Wes?s hand away. He looked over at Wedge, who was still playing with his food, to Wes, who just looked plain mischievous, and finally over to Hobbie, who looked confused. Tycho decided to say something.

?What?s going on?? His question was directed to Wedge. Wes started to jump in his seat. His commander looked at him innocently.

?Huh??

?With you and Iella.? Hobbie elaborated on the question. Wes began to squirm and turn red.

?Oh, that.?

?HE LOVES HER!? Wes burst out, this time reaching for Wedge?s food. Wedges tray managed to evade Wes?s hungry hands, and he kicked Wes under the table again. Tycho raised his eyebrows.

?You love her? I?ve noticed that you two have been real touchy-feely the last few days but??

?You know he loves her,? Hobbie interjected. ?We were just talking about it with the rest of the squadron a few weeks ago when we were coming up with that list of ways to break him up with Qui? .? Hobbie stopped when Tycho kicked him under the table. Wes sighed and shook his head at Hobbie. Wedge just looked mad.

?WHAT?? Tycho cringed.

?Well, we never really did think she was right for you??

?She was a ditz.? Wes finished. ?Anyway, why are we talking about her? Wedge was just about to tell you guys how he got together with Iella.?

?I was?? Wedge still looked slightly miffed.

?Yuppers.? Wes put his boots on the table, and got ready to hear the story. Wedge glared at him for a moment, then looked back down at his food.

?We decided to start our relationship in her quarters that night Wes and I went to see her. Now we are in a relationship.?

Hobbie sighed. ?You have to elaborate, Wedge. We are your friends.?

?Do I have to do everything?? Wes sighed dramatically, and looked over the table. ?I will start the story. We were sitting in the hall, waiting for Iella to come home, and discussing the finer points of Adumari women as compared to??

?We were not!?

?Who?s telling the story? Anyway, before I was rudely interrupted, we watched Iella come home, and Wedge went over there, and she grabbed him by the collar and dragged him into her quarters.? There was a long silence.

?And?? Hobbie asked. Wes shrugged.
    ?I don?t know. Wedge came out about eight hours later with a goofy grin on his face.

7. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Cute post, but I was waiting for some ear clipping as well as under table kicking in a couple of instances there. :p

I'm interested in seeing what happens next. Update this soon please XJ.

8. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Funny. Can't wait for more. I love the rogues and am always looking to find good stories. Hope you have as much fun wrting this as I did reading it.

lol

9. SWbookworm

SWbookworm Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2003
    This is great so far! I love reading about the rogues, but sadly :( I'm a bit of a lurker [face_blush]. Rest assured that I'm reading and I'll try to work up the courage to inform everyone of my presence and say something every once in a while. :)

10. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *delurks*

*cheers for a Rogue/Wraith Squadron story and announces that the board needs a lot more of them*

*laughs at Wes*

Great bit of writing, keep up the great work! I sense trouble ahead... ;)

11. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    Thanks for all the feedback! I hope that you like the next part!

`````````

General Wedge Antilles walked down the hallway to his room, hiding a yawn behind his hand. After the events of the last few weeks, he was physically and mentally exhausted, and all he wanted to do at that moment was take a hot shower then fall into bed and sleep. Wedge came to his door and keyed the lock, stepped into his quarters and locked the door behind him. All thoughts of sleep were instantly thrown from his mind as a hungry mouth descended on his. A warm body pressed itself against him, and he was pushed back into the door that he had just come through. Wedge wrapped his arms around her waist, one hand tangling in her hair, pulling her head back. Wedge deepened the kiss, reveling in how good she tasted. She was Iella Wessiri, and she was his.

Several moments later he pulled back slightly, their noses still touching, and looked into her dark blue eyes. ?Hello.?

?Hi.? She answered, softly.

?I missed you.? She snorted.

?You just saw me five hours ago!? Wedge continued to speak as he lowered his head, and placed his lips on her neck, right below her ear.

?It was far to long a hiatus.? Iella didn?t respond as his lips continued to journey down her neck, his hand came up her front to undo a few buttons on her day uniform. ?I never want to be away from you for more than thirty minutes again; an hour, tops.? Iella?s voice emerged as a breathy sigh as his tongue traced across her now-exposed collar bone.

?I doubt that will ever happen.?

?A man can dream, can?t he?? Wedge brought his lips to hers again, and neither spoke for several moments. Iella then made a noise of protest when Wedge broke the kiss, a sound that became a squeal as she was picked off her feet and promptly deposited on his bed. She propped herself up on her elbows as Wedge sat on the edge of the bed and removed his boots. When he had finished, he moved up on the bed so he was sitting next to her, then leaned down and kissed her gently on the lips. His lips then left hers, and began to trace lightly across her jaw.

?Wedge??

?Hmm?? His mouth moved to her ear, and she sighed as he began to nibble at her sensitive flesh.

?Before this goes any further, I think we need to talk.? Wedge stopped his ministrations, and brought his head up to meet her eyes.

?Talk??

?Yes, love. You know that thing that happens when you force air through your vocal chords in a controlled fashion?? He afforded her a look.

?What about??

?Id just like to know what we are going to tell people when we land in twelve hours.?

?About??? She punched him. ?Oww! Okay, okay. I was thinking that we could make an announcement, you know, after I buy you a ring and propose properly, and all of that.? She smiled.

?That sounds nice.? She giggled. ?I can?t wait to see the looks on everyone?s faces.?

?Yeah, I just hope the guys don?t spill the beans.? He remarked, as his lips connected with Iella?s skin once again. ?The last thing I need is for my name to be churning around in the Rogue Squadron gossip mill.?

`````

In the next part, they will land and meet the other rogues and waaiths. Any charachters you'd like to see, or pairings, pipe up and tell me!

~Xav

12. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
  13. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    You know that thing that happens when you force air through your vocal chords in a controlled fashion?

That is so like Iella.

I'm still wondering what Wes is up to. Ya need to put up a new post... PLEASE? pretty, pretty, pretty, please? With a cherry on top!

Defenitly need more.

14. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Good update; it'd be better if it was longer! :p

I'd like to know what Wes is up to. His antics are always hilarious.

Hm, characters I'd like to see . . . how about Kell/Tyria? Not a lot of fics have much of them. Also would love to see some Face action, maybe some Corran/Mirax . . . ah, just put everyone in and I'll be happy. :)

15. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Post some more soon please! Can't wait to see what Wes is up to.

16. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Hey Banana does everyone also include droids? 'cause ya know, droids are important too (but not nearly as important as Wes' antics... :) )

17. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    that was great.... More?Soon?Please? :D

18. Lord_Iskander

Lord_Iskander Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2003
    Nice begining, got confused a bit as to who said what tho.

Anyway really good writing and as I am a big X-wing fan, especialy when the Wraith come into play, I just know I'll follow this.

About pairings, well I don't know about any new ones but I definitely want to see the established ones: Kell/Tyria, Face/Dia, Mirax/Corran. No excesive mush required ;) but at least some lines of dialogue or description showing that.

Oh and some Winter/ Tycho would be great I don't think I saw them in to many pro or fan-fics.

Looking forward for a new post.

19. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Ah, must always love that Rogue Squadron gossip mill! Great start, I'm loving it so far!

~Rogue

20. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Rogue, the moment you have more than three people in a group you've got gossip (unless it's corellians, 'cause then you have a conspiracy.)

a postie?

21. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm working on a post right now, I hope to have it up sometime today.

22. Lord_Iskander

Lord_Iskander Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2003
    That will probably tomorrow for me, but I'll check it out for sure.

23. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    Wedge awoke, several hours later, to a knock on his door. He groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers with him. The knock on the door became more insistant. The general yawned, and sat up in his bed, flipping the lights on. The first thing he noticed was that Iella was not next to him. She must have left this morning, he thought. Untangling himself from the sheets, he reached over and started to pull on the pair of shorts and a shirt that he had discarded the night before.

?You alive in there, boss?? Wedge heard Tycho Celchu?s voice call through the door. He got up, and started towards the door.

?Yeah, I?m coming Tych.? He hit his hand on the door pad, and it rolled open, revealing his second-in-command. Tycho?s pristine uniform made him long for a shower, and he scoweled.

?Don?t give me that look. You told me to wake you up and hour before we landed?? Tycho started. Wedge waved his comments away.

?I know, I?m just tired, not mad.? Wedge moved aside to let Tycho in, then closed the door behind them. He saw Tycho carrying a datapad. ?What?s up?? he asked, gesturing towards it.

?Orders form General Cracken. They came in while you were? asleep.? Wedge gave him a dirty look, then turned away, getting his uniform out of his closet.

?I should have known that we wouldn?t get a break. What does he want us to do this time??

?I don?t know. The data is coded only to register on the holo pad in your quarters, even though it is addressed to all five of us.?

?Five of us??

?Red Flight and Iella.?

?Ah. Well, feel free to watch it. I?m going to take a shower.? Wedge saw Tycho sit at his data station as the ?fresher door closed. He hung his day uniform on a hook on the back of the door, then turned on the water in the small shower unit, stepping in only after he was certain it was nice and hot. Once Janson had poured a chemical in the bottom of his shower that created what looked like steam when it reacted with water. He then turned off the hot water in Wedge?s quarters, so wedge had unknowingly stepped into a nice, cold, very cold, steamy shower. He had no desire to repeat that experience.

After a few minutes he turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, rubbing a towel over his wet head. He reached under the sink and pulled out his shaving kit, then wiped the steam off the mirror. Giving himself the once-over, he decided he didn?t need to shave and put the kit away. Hearing yelp of surprise from his quarters, he hurridly pulled on his uniform and opened the door. He looked over at Tycho, who looked mortified.

?Ewoks! There are ewoks!? he pointed. Wedge looked over at his data screen and saw, without surprise, that there were in fact ewoks dancing on his screen.

?Oh, that. Every time I turn off my data pad, Kettch comes on and does a dance while it shuts down. Janson did it a few months ago, and I haven?t figured out how to get rid of it yet.? Tycho just shook his head in disbelief. Wedge smiled, and walked over to his dresser, and began to shove his few possessions into a duffel. ?So, what does Cracken want us to do?? He asked.

?Something we aren?t trained to do. Again.? Tycho sighed. ?We?re going to Corellia.?

?WHAT??

?Apparently Selonia and Drall have opened negotiations to join the New Republic. The Diktat of Corellia called them traitors to the isolation of their system, and has declared war. Apparently, he doesn?t want to loose the trade route to Selonia and the mineral reserves on Drall to the NR.?

?And, if he looses those two planets, he risks loosing Talus and Tralus, his colony worlds, to the New Republic as well.?

?Exactly.? Tycho agreed. ?If the Diktat allows the NR into the system, he risks loosing all power, including that which he has on his own planet. According to our last intelligence reports, this is already happening.?

?Huh?? Wedge threw his duffel on his bead, then went in the refresher to collect his toiletries. When he came back out, Tycho had stood up, and

24. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *sighs* If the prank is as bad as I think it's going to be, the revenge is going to be even better.

~Rogue

25. XaveriiJade

Jun 30, 2002
    You can count on that! hehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.