JK Outcast: The honor of duels

Discussion in 'Games' started by ImperialDrone1138, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Right. Like the morons who chase after you with a Bryar pistol when you have the repeater.

See? Skill and brains. :p
  2. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    The way I see it, there are three different types of saberists.

1.) The people who do it right. They use the duel key, use the stances to chain up attacks, and use actual tactics that make the game fun.

2.) The people who switch into strong stance, and run straight at a person, and use the "overhead bash" swing and try to overpower their oponents. These people also like to sneak up on people in a massive saber battle and do this swing while the person isn't looking and nail them in the back.

3.) The people who go into strong stance and run into a huge mass saber battle. They charge in using speed, begin the huge ass swing that constitutes the strong stance, and run by somebody, trying to turn their mouse at the right moment so they hit the person in the back, killing them.

[face_plain]

Since I only use the first method most of the time, I like to kill the idiots who abuse the last two. Doing those things once in a while is fine, but if their entire strategy is based on that, then screw them.
  3. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Heh heh, AJ and I just played JO with a bunch of other dudes.

We wasted them. :D
  4. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    One thing that I have noticed is that saber users almost never get the lead in kills in a FFA game. This has basically caused me to quit trying to win the lead in kills and to simply try and have fun with my saber. So in some ways I guess that you can say those gun using lunatics have given me a greater perspective in gaming... 8-}

However I usually spend most of my time in duel games. Or in Saber only team FFA.
  5. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    At least when someone attacks you with a saber you are able to defend yourself, Dan.

I would always play Duel servers but most of them don't work properly. For some reason, there always seems to be the same two people fighting even once one of them has died. Luckily though, there are a few saber & force powers only ffa servers which are great fun.
  6. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    At least when someone attacks you with a saber you are able to defend yourself, Dan.

I posted earlier: The people who switch into strong stance, and run straight at a person, and use the "overhead bash" swing and try to overpower their oponents. These people also like to sneak up on people in a massive saber battle and do this swing while the person isn't looking and nail them in the back.

and, The people who go into strong stance and run into a huge mass saber battle. They charge in using speed, begin the huge ass swing that constitutes the strong stance, and run by somebody, trying to turn their mouse at the right moment so they hit the person in the back, killing them.

So, no, you can't always defend yourself.

And you can easily defend yourself against gunners. Utilize force push and give them a taste of their own medicine.
  7. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, if they manage to sneak up behind you and attack you unnoticed, then that is skillful and they deserve the kill.

Using force push works to an extent, and I would agree that it is an adequate defence against rocket attacks. However, trying to force push every blast from a repeater or golan is much more difficult as they are fired much faster and the projectiles move faster. Your force pool gets drained very quickly so trying to push every last blast is nearly impossible.

This is made even more annoying by the fact that people can just shoot these huge blasts in your general direction and cause lots of damage. There's not exactly much accuracy involved and yet using these weapons can cause huge amounts of damage to your opponent.
  8. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    If you want a fair game.....

.... play chess.
  9. ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The weapons which result in splash damage involve basically aiming in the general vicinity of a player...Not to mention you can stay far far back from an opponent.

Sorry, I'm not dissing the gunners, but if I wanted to blow stuff up with a "random" blaster I'd play Quake or UT...Besides which, do you actually think a Jedi would use a blaster. I mean come on! This is SW after all.

I play JK cause I want to play a SW game therefore, I'll be sticking with my trusty lightsaber...even if it means getting less (but more satisfying) kills.
  10. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pretty much the same way I feel then.
  11. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I play JO because it's easy to kill people with lightsabers when I have a big gun. You just don't get that option in other games.
  12. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  13. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I play JK cause I want to play a SW game therefore, I'll be sticking with my trusty lightsaber

But there were guns and thermal detonators and mines in the movies, if I recall correctly.
  14. ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    All too true JP. I'm just playing the game as if a Jedi would have to. You might say this is stupid, and that JK isn't an RPG. Personally I think the whole role-playing aspect (ie. bowing, as I've said before) makes things really fun...I suppose the gunners could be stormtroopers. Those guys are usually fodder for lightsabers. :D
  15. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like those trip mines when someone trys to do force pull i throw one of those and it goes to them. BOOM.
  16. Vezner Force Ghost

star 5
    LOL!!! That reminds me of a time I was "pulled" into another player and I had my saber out...which conveniently cleaved the lad to his death. I didn't even have to swing... MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  17. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Sneaking up behind someone who is focused on battling other people does not require skill in my opinion. I could teach my dog to do that.

And perhaps when a person with the repeater is backpedaling, use force speed and attack them? Or pull them to you? Saber throw which they can't defend against? There are counters for pretty much anything if you're good.

But you have a point with the general area shots. It must be about as annoying as being strong stance hit in the back while battling someone else.

Alas, it's called Free For All for a reason, like Cigam said.

Bottom line is that there are duel servers for people who don't like the rules otherwise.
  18. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
  19. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like my things that go boom, screw sabers.
  20. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Mines rule, especially the ones you lay and then remotely detonate. Wizard.
  21. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Stop saying wizard. I'm dead serious. [face_plain] I will e-beat you if you say it again. I've had enough.

That big ass gun that shoots the two balls that go boom, I like that one. Double balls of doom.
  22. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    It's my new cool phrase to annoy people. Who said it anyway? The fat Rodian or Kidster?
  23. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Anakin said it. And that annoying alien on the frito-lay commercials.
  24. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    Oh, I thought one of them thought his pod was wizard.
  25. Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Maybe they all say it. I don't remember. How dare you talk about Star Wars in this forum anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.