main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV JK2 LAN Party #2

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by JonnyFlamehead, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyFlamehead

JonnyFlamehead Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    ...Back by popular demand!

When: Saturday July 27th
    Where: UNLV School Of Architecture Maryland Parkway and Tropicana
    Time: 6pm - ???

questions/comments: post here or PM me!

can't make that time? or want an earlier/later time? post here!

2. DarthRaith

DarthRaith Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Bit early for me but who cares. My question is how many people are going to this and how long are you staying?

3. galaxy419

galaxy419 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    yeah, i'll be there, hopefully with my friend, so put me down for two until further notice
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! i like~a these!!
    lan party lan party!!

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    This is straight from Twin Suns Syndicate member JonnyFlamehead who is running this event:

WHEN: Saturday the 27th at 6:00pm

WHERE: UNLV school of architecture, Tropicana and Maryland pkwy, next to Thomas and Mack

If you are late you'll need to call someone inside with a cell phone to let them in.

They can call JonnyFlamehead, his number below

Private Message JonnyFlamehead with questions

BRING: CPU, mouse, keyboard, speakers/headphones- if you're able to bring a NIC card, patch cable or monitor, go ahead!

PROVIDED: Monitors, tables, NICs, patch cables, game.

MONEY?: yes $5 at leat for food (if you want to pitch in)

ENDS AT: no end time...stay all night

OTHER INFO from JonnyFlamehead:
    they can also bring other games if they'd like to play, some blank CD's for distributing other games, or files(these must be destoyed after party) They can bring music CD's if they'd like, and VHS movies to watch on projector. If they want they can bring their own DVD player if they want to watch a DVD. If they would like to bring food that would be great, we'll probably order a lot of pizza though. Call me if any questions, 702-210-1768 cel phone, email: batman782@lvcm.com

NOTE FROM TALON WOLFE: please defer to JonnyFlamehead on how he runs it or what he wants to do. He is the lead guy on this, and he is hosting it. Thanks!

ARE YOU UNDER 18?: Then private message Talon_Wolfe prior to showing up!

5. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    How many people are coming?
    I don't know, it's up to you guys, we have plenty of room. I'm assuming the same people will be there that were there last week.

How long will I stay? I'll be staying untill everyone leaves. (probably 11:30 or 12am) Or if there are too few there. Last week I was there untill 5am.

The reason I wanted to do it early is because I want more people to come, AND we will have more time to game.

6. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I and Darth Vitrious (Chris) will be coming but not until closer to seven

7. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    You're back in the headlines. Scroll down and look on the right here:

http://www.theforce.net/

and here:

http://fanforce.net/

and here:

http://fanforce.net/events/index.shtml

Way to go, Jonny!

8. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    was wondering if anyone would be interested in playing other games such as Unreal, Warcraft 3, Tribes 2 or quake 3???

9. Inaen

Inaen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Yeah, if i go i would like to maybe do that.
    good Idea.

10. DarthRaith

Mar 12, 2002
    I'm up for Unreal, Tribes2, Quake 3 or even Star Trek Voyager elite Force, don't let the name fool you. That Star Trek game is really well done and there's even a couple of impressive Star Wars skins for it, great maps, great wepaons

11. cbielich

cbielich Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 2002
    QUAKE3 BABY ALL THE WAY, INSTAGIB + IF YOU CAN

C

12. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    If we did Instagib I'd have to set up one of the servers to be a quake 3 server. Can I get some help on that? do you still have your old server binaries C?

13. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I think so I will check.

C

14. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    right..........................
    do we even have servers anymore? whats up with this situation? tried for three nights, and they are not on. fill me in someone.
    is it because all of you are scared to saber lock with me? hmmmmmmmm i wonder. [face_shocked]

15. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    uh galaxy maybe you missed my post, but that's ok, I'll post again...

here are the server IPs:

Duel: 131.216.111.12
    FFA: 131.216.111.18

they are both running the new JediMod v2.1++
    so go download that and put it in your base folder NOT gamedata reguardless of what the readme says.

if you still don't see em check your filters! :) make sure you're not filtering them out by accident.

For some reason there is an occasional LAG of a few seconds. This I cannot fix it's the stupid Novell router we have in there it sucks! But this problem is non existant inside the network, so there won't be lag at the LAN party, just like last time!

16. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
    yeah jonny, i have those ip's but it still doesn?t recognize any server as being online, maybe the filter thing holds true.
    will check that out when i get home.
    would me not having the jedi mod installed do that? this is the only one i can find:(Jediknight 2++ Beta 4,i couldn?t find a 2.1) is this the right one? it says its a server side mod, do i even need it?
    WHAT MOD IS EVERYONE RUNNING, so we can be on the same page!!
    let me know
    peace~~

17. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I get on just fine!

C

18. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    ok I appologize for not being specific.

the ingame server browser has filters such as "view empty yes/no" "view full yes/no...etc...." so check those.

The mod I am running on the server right now is the JediMod v2.1++, you can get it at www.jk2files.com I was going to post the link but the site is down, you should be able to find it. if you don't want to download it, you can just download off the server when you connect, it's about a 1 and a half min. wait. nothing big. Not having the mod isn't a factor in listing servers, just connecting.

so try again and let me know if you still have problems...

19. galaxy419

Jul 1, 2002
  20. cbielich

Jun 4, 2002
    I am so excited about tomorrow. I will frag all in Quake3 BABY!!!!!!!!!!

C

21. JonnyFlamehead

May 30, 2002
    :) HAHAHA ok I'm an idiot, again I appologize. I forgot to add the port number for you guys. I had to change the port number of the servers so they would show up in the server list for everyone one else. so everybody needs to add this to their favorites...

Duel: 131.216.111.12:28072
    FFA: 131.216.111.18:28072

sorry about that, that's why you can't see the servers in your favorites but you can in the main internet list. so if you add the port number like I listed you should be able to see them...

sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.