main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge JL's Clue Game Stories Post #5 is up on 13 October (Mod Challenge--Clue Game)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Lover, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Title: Goodbye
    Time period: 78 ABY
    Genre: Grief
    Author's Note: This is my response to the Clue Challenge

Location: Tatooine, Action: Grieving for a loved-one, Character: Luke Skywalker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Tatooine~

Ben Skywalker was now second-guessing his trip to Tatooine. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now he wasn’t so sure. When he hired a speeder at Mos Eisley Spaceport and drove out to the old Lars homestead he expected to find quiet and solitude, not a bunch of peddlers trying to hawk off trinkets and silk screened tunics saying, “Childhood home of the Grand Master and Rebel Hero: Luke Skywalker.”

There was a hoverbus parked nearby and Ben could see a myriad of human and alien tourists taking holo-images of the site. He waited until the bus loaded up and left before he exited his rented speeder while clutching a small box of ashes. It wasn’t the ashes of his dad’s body, but that of his Jedi robes. When Grand Master Skywalker passed away in his sleep he became one with the force, his corporeal form disappearing and leaving only his clothing behind. Ben was going to cremate the outfit he was wearing when he died, but he thought spreading the ashes of sleep pants and an undershirt was a bit underwhelming and not befitting of a hero of his father’s caliber.

He started to walk toward the resting place of Owen and Beru Lars. He had decided to take the ashes of his father’s robe and leave some on every planet and place that had significant meaning in Luke Skywalker’s life. Tatooine was the first place on his list. He thought it would be fitting seeing that this is where his father grew up. After here he would go to Yavin IV and the Jedi Temples on Coruscant, Ossus and Shedu Maad.

He walked over to the marker his father had erected for his aunt and uncle. Ben was saddened to see it was in bad repair, but he could still see the engraving. Owen and Beru Lars. Loved and Remembered Always.

He knelt down on the ground and was about to dig a little hole and add some ashes when a merchant interrupted him.

“Would you like to purchase a carving of a Krayt Dragon?” The man’s deeply tanned and wrinkled face gazed at Ben intently. “It is made from the tooth of a real Krayt Dragon.”

“No.” Ben huffed. “Leave me be.” Ben promised himself that after he was done here he was going to talk to the Tatooine government about making this place a public memorial and prohibit traders on the site. When the dealer sneered at Ben and walked off he went back to the task at hand. He scooped up some sand above the grave and poured a small amount of ash into the hole. He then covered it up.

He stood and walked over to the top of a small dune and took a moment to watch the double setting suns. It was a beautiful sight and Ben wondered if a young Luke Skywalker had once stood on this very spot to watch the sunset. A tear rolled down his face and he quickly brushed it away. He shouldn’t cry. Ben was extremely lucky to have his father around to see him marry and have a child. Ben almost sobbed when he remembered the expression on his father’s face when he held his first grandchild. Probably nobody would believe that Luke Skywalker—Grand Master, hero of the Rebellion and veteran of the Vong War and countless other conflicts—wept openly at the sight of his grandson. He had looked up at Ben, tears streaming down his face and said, “I wish your mother lived to see him.”

Ben wiped away his tears as he turned and returned to his speeder. He needed to finish this trip and get back home to Corellia to be with his pregnant wife. She was expecting their second child, this time a girl. He settled down at the drive controls and put the box of ashes on the passenger seat.

He wished his father had lived a bit longer. Ben knew his dad was so excited about the impending birth, unfortunately he would never hold his granddaughter in his arms. Ben gazed at the box sadly as he ran his hand over the lid. “I wish you lived to see your granddaughter.”

As the suns finished their trek across the horizon Ben started up the speeder and left Luke Skywalker’s childhood home behind.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb and touching response to the challenge, JL! [:D] [:D] =D=

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    That was lovely. Very nice response. :)

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Lovely. However, I can disprove an element.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Awesome use of the prompts and a wonderful exploration of Ben in his grief.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A wonderful and touching story

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    *tries not to sob*

Such a touching story. The line where Ben wonders if his father stood in that place and watched the suns set just about did me in. So beautiful!

Wonderful job!
    =D=

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    A beautiful and touching story! Very well done! =D=

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody for your kind comments. Here is my second guess.

~JL~

Title: The Changing of the Guard
    Time Period: 77 ABY
    Author's Note: This is my response to the Clue Challenge.
    Place: Jedi Temple, Action: Dueling with lightsabers, Character: Luke Skywalker

Luke Skywalker walked into the Jedi Temple sparing ring and ignited his lightsaber. He gazed intently at his diminutive opponent and suppressed a grin as the young boy across from him gave his best intimidating scowl. On an older, larger opponent it might be a frightening glare, but on a ten year-old-boy it was just adorably cute in Luke’s opinion. The youngster ignited his own lightsaber; its blue blade glowed brightly creating long shadows across the practice room.

“I was told you requested a duel with the Jedi Grand Master.” Luke said as he walked around the lad waiting for the young man to make the first move. “Don’t you think you should have waited until you are older? You can’t possibly believe you can take me.”

The boy smiled. “This was my wish.” With that said the boy struck out with his saber. Luke easily countered the boy’s every move. It wasn’t that the child was without skill. He was an excellent swordsman for his age. He simply lacked decades and decades of experience. After fighting nonstop for twenty minutes the youngster began to tire. It was time for Luke to make his move. He pounced forward with his saber to strike the boy, but his lunge was overextended and a bit off balance. The boy was able to counter with a strike and then with a circular twist of his wrist he disarmed his opponent. Luke’s saber deactivated as it clattered to the floor. Before he could call the lightsaber back to his grip the boy stepped forward and called for his surrender.

The Grand Master’s shoulders slumped. “You have beaten me.”

The youngster deactivated his saber and clipped it back to his belt before giving Luke a toothy grin. “Grandpa, I think you let me win because this was my birthday wish.”

Luke gave his best shocked expression. “No, you beat me fair and square.” He smiled as he leaned back to stretch his back. “Your grandfather is just getting old and you are getting very good with the saber. Soon you will be better than your father.”

Luke retrieved his lightsaber and then reached out and took his grandson’s hand in his own. “Jakob, why don’t we sneak into the Temple kitchen and see if we can find some ice cream.”

“Mom said I shouldn’t spoil my dinner.” He gave a very serious look. “I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

Luke looked down at the red haired boy and winked. “What’s the use of being the Grand Master if I can’t sneak some ice cream with my favorite grandson on his birthday?”

“I’m your only grandson,” Jakob pointed out.

Luke nodded. “True, but your mom is going to have a baby. Maybe I’ll have a second grandson and then you will have to compete for the title of ‘favorite’”.

The boy laughed. “No, I’m getting a sister.”

Luke stopped and looked at the boy. “How do you know that?”

He shrugged. “I heard my Mom telling Dad last night.”

Luke grinned wildly. He loved the thought of having a granddaughter. “Then we both got our wish today.” He gave his grandson’s hand a squeeze as they continued to walk to the kitchen. “I think that is more than enough reason to celebrate with ice cream.”

Gemma, jcgoble3, Jabari and 1 other person like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awww, JL! I love grand-dad! Luke as much as daddy! ;) Now he'll have a granddaughter to spoil :) @};-

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  11. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sweet! Love this line: “What’s the use of being the Grand Master if I can’t sneak some ice cream with my favorite grandson on his birthday?”

12. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    LOVE THESE!!!! You have made my day!

Bravo! =D==D==D==D==D=

13. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    I love it. However, I can disprove it. :)

14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Very cute!

15. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    D'awwww! [face_love]
    I love that Luke let him win and how happy he is about getting a granddaughter. Ben must have married a really spirited woman, though, if Jakob doesn't want Luke to get into trouble with his mum.... :D

16. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww..... [face_love] The mental image this created was just so adorable!

I loved when Jakob said he didn't want Luke in trouble for getting them ice cream.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely piece to see Luke happy with a grandson

Nyota's Heart and Jedi_Lover like this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks everybody for reading. Grandpa Luke is cute. I really hope he is able to hold his grandchild in the profics before he passes on. Ben needs to find a nice girl.

Here is my third guess:

Guesses: Mara Jade, Repairing a weapon, Jedi Temple

Mara Jade tried for the umpteenth time to get the lightsaber to come together as Luke had instructed. She had the parts laid out on the table in front of her. She closed her eyes and concentrated with the Force to levitate and move the pieces to their proper alignment, but no matter how hard she tried it never worked out.

She made a frustrated sound and let the parts clatter back to the table. She rose and paced her small room within the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV. Nothing seemed to be working out for her since her arrival to the moon. In fact, she didn’t know why she agreed to come to this fetid world to train in the first place. She didn’t even want to be a Jedi…she just wanted to become more knowledgeable in handling the Force. If she had the capability to touch the Force she might as well become fully familiar with its capabilities.

So here she was, a reluctant apprentice, learning the ways of a Jedi and one of the key events for a Jedi Apprentice was constructing their own lightsaber. Of course, she already had a lightsaber; it was the one given to her by Luke after their adventures on Wayland. It was the lightsaber he lost on Cloud City. It was also the lightsaber once carried by Luke’s father, Anakin Skywalker, also known as Darth Vader. She never liked the idea of carrying Vader’s old weapon and jumped at the chance to build her own...but things weren't working as planned.

She walked across her sleeping chamber to her bookshelf and picked up the lightsaber given to her by Luke. The grip was uncomfortable. It was made for a much larger hand…Vader’s hand. She realized it was the saber of Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight, but she was also not sure what atrocities were committed with this blue bladed lightsaber prior to Vader becoming fully Sith. She had heard rumors within Palpatine’s court that Vader had led a battalion of Clone Troopers into the Jedi Temple to arrest the Jedi. She also heard there were no survivors. All the Jedi knights and apprentices were killed including the Jedi younglings. Could this be the weapon that decapitated and eviscerated small children?

Maybe her lightsaber wasn’t coming together because the Force wanted her to use Vader’s weapon. Luke had said his father returned to the light side of the Force and revealed himself to Luke during the Ewok celebration. Maybe the spirit of Jedi Anakin Skywalker wanted her to do good deeds with the weapon and purge its evil stigma.

Or maybe she is just terrible at constructing a lightsaber and she was just trying to find a convenient excuse for her own failure.

She turned the weapon over in her hand. She felt in the Force there was a connection between her, this weapon and Skywalker, both the father and his son. What the link was, she had no clue. She put the lightsaber back on the shelf and returned to her desk. She couldn’t imagine a situation where she and Luke could ever have a connection together. She needed to work harder in constructing her lightsaber…or maybe she needed a better imagination.

Gemma and Jabari like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yeah I can think of a way they can connect or a way he can ease her frustrations [face_laugh] [face_mischief] Yum!!!! [face_dancing] Even though she served the Emperor, Mara was never infused with darkness [face_love] !!! That is some of what draws Luke to her. :)

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah, I know how they can be connected. Insert Tab A into slot B. Seriously, didn't Luke find out at some point that his father killed the younglings? I thought that was in a novel where he was having problems with Artoo. I may be wrong. I just wonder if anybody knows that blue lightsaber was the one that slaughtered younglings and babies?

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice story and I can disprove one element.
    Obi-Wan must have known that the lightsaber was used to slaughter the younglings

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    But he didn't focus on that or feel inclined to tell Luke [face_thinking] :(

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  23. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    I'm sure Obi-Wan wanted to forget that part...

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Thanks Jabari, Nyota's Heart, and earlybird-obi-wan for reading and your kind words. This story was inspired by a trip me and my oldest son took to Washington DC last month. We had a great time together and he had fun tormenting me in the Air & Space Museum flight simulators. I am sure it is a trip he will remember for a long time. I know I will.

This is guess #4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Title: Cherished Moments
    Era: 45 ABY

Guesses: Han Solo, Petting a Pittin, Coruscant

Han watched his granddaughter picked up and pet the furry yellow pittin that they had seen in the pet store window. She was inside the upper level Coruscanti store cradling the animal in the crook of one arm as she gently ran her free hand down the creature’s soft fur. Seeing his granddaughter’s love for animals always choked Han up. Jacen, Allana’s late father, loved all animals when he was a boy. Allana had her mother’s looks, with her red hair and gray eyes, but her personality was so much like Jacen’s—before the war, before the torture, the darkside and then death.

After Chewie’s demise Han had cursed at the galaxy, the Force and any Gods he could think of for taking away his oldest friend. He thought he would never experience such heart wrenching pain. He was wrong.

He shouldn’t have retreated into a shell and blocked everybody out. He shouldn’t have left to fly around the galaxy and wallow in his pain, because the galaxy wasn’t finished with him yet. He cursed at the universe thinking he couldn’t possibly feel more pain, and the galaxy cursed him back.

His youngest son died a horrible death. His oldest son was captured and tortured. When the war ended he tried to make things better, but the galaxy wouldn’t have it. Jacen turned to the darkside and his own sister was forced to hunt him down and killed him like a rabid nek dog.

After that, Han stopped cursing the universe. It had taught him a powerful lesson. He should dwell less on his losses and cherish the things that remained…because you never know when they will be gone. He now kept what was dear to him close to his heart and that was his granddaughter Allana, his daughter Jaina and Leia, his wife and love of his life.

“Can we buy her, grandpa?” Allana asked pulling him out of his musings.

He gave Allana a soft smile. “What about Anji?” he asked, referring to Allana’s pet Nexu who was a fully grown animal now and quite capable of gobbling down this precious pittin in one bite.

Allana looked puzzled. “What about Anji? Don’t you think she would like a friend to play with?”

Han chuckled to himself. He was thinking, ‘Sure if you mean Anji would like to play with her food prior to eating.’ Han reached out and pet the small animal. “Allana, Anji is a predator. Her instinct is to eat small animals like this. You wouldn’t want to bring the pittin home only to see it eaten, do you?”

Her eyes went wide as she shook her head. “No,” she said softly. “I’ve seen too many things die already.”

Han bit his bottom lip to keep it from trembling as he wiped a tear from his eye. He gently removed the animal from Allana’s arms and put it back in the display window. He then reached down and took his granddaughter’s hand in his. “Let’s go to the arcade and ride the flight simulators. I’ll let you drive.”

Allana smiled widely. “Can I turn off the gravity compensator?”

Han’s smile slipped a little. The last time she did that she promptly put the simulator in a triple barrel role that almost had Han becoming reacquainted with his breakfast. He didn’t look forward to putting his equilibrium into a tailspin, but these opportunities to be together might not last forever. He smiled at Allana and squeezed her hand. “Sure, that sounds like fun.”

Gemma and Jabari like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo on the poignant reflections blended with a sweet shared moment. @};- @};-

Jedi_Lover likes this.