JMPR............Jumper

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Twinky_Stryder, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a new movie coming out next year form the director of The Bourne Identity and Mr and Mrs Smith.

The plot is about David (Hayden Christensen) a young man who has the ability to teleport at will to wherever he wishes. Unfortunately his lifestyle has brought on the attention of people who want to stop him and kill him. Together with another "Jumper" (Jamie Bell) David is drawn into a war where he has to use his abilities to survive.

The trailer went live at http://www.jumperthemovie.com/

Looks pretty good. The director knows how to handle action, the story sounds solid and Jamie Bell and Hayden Christensen look confident in the roles.

Could be pretty good.
  2. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah the concept is pretty cool, but I don't know about the whole lightsaber lookin' projectile weapons they all seem to be using.

I kinda want to see it, but I feel that it would've been more interesting if They focused on one person with the ability to teleport, in a real-world setting, and all the issues that could ensue... The whole war thing just seems a little much.

Hope it works out for Hayden though, it'd be a shame if the "Skywalker Curse" was passed on to him...

D_M_S_L
  3. Cellist Jedi Master

star 4
    Judging by the trailer, it looks very action-packed. Hopefully it won't be too CGI-heavy, but I'm definitely looking forward to this regardless.

EDIT: Rachel Bilson <3

4. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    Jumper looks to be pretty interesting and worth a watch.
  5. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Yeah, you'd think that with two former jedi in it, they could've picked a slightly different shaped weapon. :rolleyes:

Even with that, it looks kinda cool. A little X-Men-ish, like they said, "that was a cool power, let's make a whole movie off of it."
  6. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    I just like how he uses his power to grab the remote when it's just out of arm's length. So much power and he uses it to trivially.

But I don't realy know how big the whole "war" aspect is. I've heard other synopsis' where it says that David uses his power to try and find the people who killed his mother or something. Nothing I've read has been entirely solid.
  7. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Trailer has me pretty excited. It looks like a very cool movie.
  8. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    It has Samuel L. Jackson. Therefore, I am 100% on board with this. :D
  9. Jedi_Reject_Jesse Force Ghost

star 7
    Whew for a second I read that as "Therefore, I am 100% bored with this" and I was like YOU SON OF A -! Oh, wait.
  10. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Wow, really neat looking flick. Love the tether concept- the use of that in the trailer was certainly a "woah!" moment.
  11. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I saw the trailer for this earlier today. This looks like a totally bitchin' movie. I will definetly have to see this.
  12. Rouge Null Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I think I'd like the movie more if they weren't ripping the guts out of the book. Most of the elements are there, but the whole tone has been changed.
  13. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree with the others who said the whole war thing seems a bit much, but otherwise it looks pretty cool.
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    My daughter showed me the trailer the other day. Looks fairly promising. :D :D
  15. Laine_Snowtrekker Force Ghost

star 5
    Saw the trailer. Looks pretty interesting.
  16. Anakin_Skywalker20 Force Ghost

star 5
    Im gonna see this when it comes out. it looks good.
  17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    This film looks AWESOME. The trailer really appealed to me. Knowing that Doug Liman is directing it just makes it even better. I can't wait for this film to come out.

Agreed, I definitely like that as well.

What I also find cool about his use of the power - or how they display it for his character - is the smooth, action sense they give to the teleporting. For instance, in one scene he goes from the top of a building down to the ground below. For a teleporter (excuse me: jumper), he could simply be standing on top of the building and the next instant be standing on the ground. But that's not what happens. The character actually jumps off of the building and is flying through mid-air and then teleports just above the ground... which gives him that momentary chance to still 'land' his jump. Humanly, this works, as he only landed from a jump not more than a foot off the ground. In the teleporting sense, it adds more flavour to it - as well as just looking plain cool. I loved seeing that.
  18. anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait for it to come out also.:D
  19. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Poster issued.

[image=http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/23681.jpg]

Looks pretty sweet.
  20. anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks awesome.
    love the look of the poster.
  21. ROTSFan Force Ghost

star 4

Very epic, huh?
  22. anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice image!

Love the pyramids.
  24. JediTrilobite Force Ghost

star 7
  25. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    I've heard good things about this movie, but I didn't know Christensen will be in it.
    I've just seen the trailer, it looks good.

Oh, and wonderful poster! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.