JMPR............Jumper

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Twinky_Stryder, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panther50 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I thought it was an alright film, but nothing great and nothing I'd want to own or see again.
  2. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Just saw this with the missus. Not a bad movie. I enjoyed it and just took it for what it is. It came off a little short and perhaps that was just the pacing of the stories. I did think that the characters were underdeveloped by a long margin. Perhaps that was intentional given the obvious seeds planted for sequels (David's mother, Mace Windu's knife, Rachel Bilson's beautiful body). I thought the concept was cool too. Overall, a good, enjoyable movie but nothing to sit and ponder in the hours or days afterward. I hope it gets a sequel.
  3. severian28 Force Ghost

star 5
    You know i avoided this in the theater because of a. my " Hayden = Wood " theory and b. ( and this is rather uncharacteristic of me ) heeding terrible reviews, and am pleasently suprised out how enjoyable i found the film. Its true that low expectations and a used-DVD sale price does tend to make certain films more enjoyable for me, but this is one that i found myself wishing i has seen in the theater. Not a bad flick.
  4. Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It's good to know people are giving this movie a fair shake now that the (inexplicable) critical hostility has faded a bit. Parts of this film are simply flat-out awesome, even if it's a bit short and does not fully deliver on the promising premise.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.