main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JO weekly game.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by pat-fett, Jul 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    edit: whoops, double post....

Also, I taught whoever was in the game at the time a sky walking trick on the Temple Tournament level...did anyone get a screen of that?

other edit: 100th post...w00t.

2. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    Nice screens Aragorn.

3. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Aragorn check the yahoo site. I just uploaded some screens. The photoes are filling up fast there. I think I might need to make a new yahoo site for screens.

4. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum... Well, I was up till 4AM working on a Lit banner design, and I was too tired to stay up... Too bad, it seems you had some fun... I'll try to join next time.

5. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Sadly (well, for gaming purposes), I'm going on a 2 week sailing trip this Friday, so I won't be able to join in a Monday game unil the 5th, but I might be too tired, so maybe not till the 12th...

6. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    So for the rest of the summer we want to have monday be game night for JO? Works for me.

7. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    What about when school starts? Will we switch to another night, keep it on mondays, or stop with having organized ones and just play with who's ever on ICQ?

8. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Well I'll be off to colledge in a month and a half. The computer is coming with me so I'll still be abel to play. I just thought once school started it'd be best to have the game on a weekends.

9. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Yeah, that'd probobly be best. Maybe Fridays like the JK games were?

And can you post a link to that Jerec skin, or any other classic JK skins you found for JO?

10. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    I can't find the skin. Get with me on ICQ sometime and I'll give you the file.

11. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Dammit, I missed it, and no one missed me. :(

My internet has been going out at night for the past few weeks. I'm getting it fixed, but it won't be until the week after the next, as I am leaving on a week long vacation next Saturday. So, I can't play next game either.

Sounded like fun. I have no freakin clue why my internet went out at 7, it usually can stay up until 11:30 or so. This is the earliest ever. Ah well, sounded like fun.

And for the people who had trouble connecting with the IP, can't you just do a search for a player and try finding the game that way?

12. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    That Sithy person was me with the Lord Rive skin. [face_devil]

BTW, what skins does everyone use? I want to download them for next week...

Any map suggestions for next week as well?

13. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    So, where is TEH COYOTE?

14. Kenobi217

Jan 7, 2002
    Where do you guys download the skins?

And I think we should do monday games all through the rest of the summer..then when school starts, we should switch to like a friday or sunday.

15. JediSilverstar

JediSilverstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Does anyone know how to load mods and skins and stuff into JO? I've been trying and can't for the life of me figure it out.

BTW I get all my mods at jediknightii.net, now if I could only get them to work.

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Ditto.

BTW, can't we have just one of us host the games? Then we could just have us JCers in the game.

I'd be glad to host, my ping is usually around 60. :)

17. Kenobi217

Jan 7, 2002
    I agree with Sithy, one of us should host, that way we can customize the game more to our liking.

18. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    There is a server option that allows the client to download anything from the server that he doesn't yet have to play the game properly, like maps. Maybe skins as well. You enable Downloads in the Advanced Server Setup menu. Whoever hosts on mondays should do this.

To keep that to a minimum though, go to jediknightii.net and unzip all the pk3 files into your JKII base folder. Then they will automatically be loaded. But for you to actually use them, the server has to have them on its side as well.

For mods, you have to go to the game setup menu (where you adjust your video settings) and load them individually, although I'm not for certain because I haven't tried it yet. This should be only for those who run the server or for everyone who wants to load a single-player mod.

Chris

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, just have someone who's not gonna come but has a good connection (Dan, AA, etc) do a dedicated server. :)

20. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    The thing with hosting games not on a server is that when you get alot of people playing lag gets worse for eveyone. With the Server last night everyone was getting pings of about 60-75 with a few exceptions.

21. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I was actually there for the first three games, and won them all pretty easily. I'd be more than happy to set up a server, but my cable upload speed is rather poor.

22. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    What we need is a JC Server. If I had the money and knowledge I'd make one. I thought it was funny how the JC people ganged up and kicked two people.

23. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    With about $300-400, I could make a good server for us. But my cable upload is like 15kb/sec, which sucks.

24. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yah, like how we were trying to take a screenie and that guy kept running around with a bryar pistol? That was fun when we kicked him. :)

25. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Check the multy screen album Sithy. I have a pic of you yelling at the guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.