main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jocasta Nu

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by SallyOwens, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SallyOwens

SallyOwens Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    I searched for a thread on this, but haven't found it yet.

I've only found two fan-made costumes for her, both on the Padawan's guide. I've already found the fabric (just have to go back for it) for the tunic, even though it needs to be dyed slightly. I still need to find the right color for the underskirt - Although I think it's a very dark grey, and my husband thinks it's dark green - thoughts?

Does anyone have any tips on making this costume before I begin, if they've tried it before? Thanks!

2. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    I could've sworn there were a few Jocastas in the Rebel Legion, you might want to check there.

Edit: RebelLegion.com

3. SallyOwens

Aug 5, 2003
    I already checked - I couldn't find any, at least under the Jedi section. :)

4. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Have you checked the forums there? I think someone had a topic about their Jocasta costume, althought I could be mistaken :). Good luck.

5. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I have a Jocasta Nu costume in my profile at the Rebel Legion and, I think, the first to make the costume, in July 2002. If you go to the Rebel Legion site, click on members, then on jedi, I'm on page 2, listed as "Kate B". Within my profile is a photo of the Jocasta Nu costume. When I joined the legion, they didn't want us to have a profile for each costume, so I just linked the others from my main Jedi one, so it's hard to find!

And I'm the first one pictured on the Jocasta Nu page of Padawan's Guide. If you click the link next to that photo, it goes to my tutorial, as listed below....

Small world, isn't it! ;)

Here is my tutorial

Jocasta Nu tutorial

My website JediKai also has the tutorial in different formats.

In looking closely at the costume in the Ep II Visual Dictionary, the skirt is black.

6. The_Clone_Emperor

The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    [color=006699]Good evening Sally,
    I can think of two ladies whose aide you might wish to enlist with Jocasta Nu.

First is our board's very own Jedi Kai. (And now I see that the venerable Jedi has reponded before I finished my post. Good to see you here Jedi Kai, you came to mind immediately.) Kai has made this costume and has a wonderful set of reference and how-to pictures in her album.

Secondly, I can recommend Julia, the Jedi Elf Queen.
    [image=http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_images/SWgeek/DragonCon03_img/Dragon03023.jpg]
    I have been in contact with Julia before, and she has always been very helpful. I could not raise her web presence just now for a link, but I think you could find her in a search under "Jedi Elf Queen."

I feel that between these two ladies you will be in good hands.

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]

7. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm adding this thread to our forum index. Great info! :)

8. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Julia's URL is http://www.jedielfqueen.com/, although it's not pulling up for me at the moment. And I have to second what Thomas said about her. :)

9. SallyOwens

Aug 5, 2003
    Thanks for all the help! I've already even gotten emails offering assistance. :)

I'll post pictures as they come I start working on it (this weekend I hope! :)

10. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    That's great, Sally! Please do keep us all updated. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.