main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Jocasta Nu's Coffee House: For All Your OOC Discussion Needs!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, May 10, 2010.

1. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    Certainly. I planned the same thing for ToRR, but Claire convinced me it was a tradition to have CS around here. Where I used to play we had only lists . . .

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I don't even think I want anything posted. Characters will pop up like they do in movies - no announcement beforehand. I may put players in contact with each other - for example, the ones playing Leia and Luke and Padme, and other Jedi, will probably want to speak before hand to flesh out the, oh I dunno, twenty years in between. I may also want to start a resource thread. If, say, the Death Star was destroyed by a Jedi task force in what would normally be considered ten BBY...then that's something we're going to want to start the game aware of.

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I say go for it. Blu has been experimenting with it to a small degree in Origins, and it's a pretty cool approach.

4. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Sounds like an excellent approach to give it a movie feel . . . really.

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Interesting concept. Properly-managed, it seems like it could work well. It's really only omitting one step of the current process, anyways.

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    So, for example, if LordT wanted to PM with his character idea right now, he could begin working on it, but wouldn't have to post it in a thread until the game launches about a month from now ;-)

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's definitely an interesting concept. I talked to Matt already about it and I would love to see it implemented in-game.

8. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I like that idea. Very movie-esque, as you say. :D Although I'd suggest you have the players PM CSs to you regardless, especially for original characters.

as for the resource thread, that's what library threads were made for!

9. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Exactly.

And yes, a Library Thread. Hm...

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I'm having a lot of fun tossing around character ideas with people...

11. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I send a PM. Got an open spot since yesterday :)

12. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Which is obviously a totally hypothetical example, because everybody knows I am retired, right? :p

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Right. And epically revealing that a beloved retiree has joined a game in a big way isn't our style at all.
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/68/Reborn_Emperor.jpg]
    Not at all. [face_whistling]

14. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    [face_laugh] Who knows. When it is up I´ll swing my butt into my wheelchair and have a look . . . heard some Germans are already fighting for spots in there.

Guess now I have to resist that AU (you need a name, man) and TGI's advances to prolong my stay in ToRR beyond season one. Good to know I am not totally unwelcome. :p

Until then I must say - completely unrealted - I love Fin's OPs. Looks like we will have quite a winter. With another run of ToRR, that AU and a lot of projects coming up if nothing else "lurking" will be a blast. :D

15. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    [face_laugh] So anyway I can play ToRR before 10th of August? I got really time at my hands and nothing really to do with it except sit in an office. I would love to get involved for an extended cameo, at least. :) As Brianna oor whatever is just needed.

16. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I have my spot. :cool:

17. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    I come up with something. PM you when I got it.

And chatgroup yesterday was a blast. Suddenly we got a submission battle for Matt´s AU. I heard everybody wants to catch the same role? [face_laugh] I look forward to see how it goes. I need to keep some capacity open for my CIA Agent in SotS, but depending how it goes I might join the game later on . . . but ToRR needs to come first, obviously. I am that kinda GM.

18. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I picked my spot! [face_dancing]

TGI, you've got to leave a little room open for SotS. It wouldn't be the same without you! :) But what is this about a CIA Agent? Your new character?

19. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    I submitted in advance a CIA Agent and a Priest. Just to make sure Fin got me in mind when the game goes up. player limits and all that, you know :p Nobody ever told you guys around here I am sneaky?

20. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I considered doing that! Should have! I might send it to him while he's on vacation. When he gets back he can have a CS just waiting for him. . .:p

21. TheGoodImperial

May 17, 2009
    Yeah, it might make sense. I think he doesn´t take 30 players this time. Well, then again I had to do them without knowing a thing about the new storylines I might be in. Which was a little hard. But considering how it went last time, I guess CSes are only first drafts. I might send in one for the Carribean, too. [face_laugh] Just for fun!

22. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    I did it too. In both games, but neither Fin nor BobaMatt have responded, yet. But I heard I am not the only person who submitted an idea for my character in the AU. Therefore I am pretty cdertain I totally have an unfair advantage in SotS II I made good use of. I actually reas early drafts of the OPs :p

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I am confident that no one else has submitted my idea for the AU game. So I got that going for me.

24. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh man, I hope there's no competition. [face_worried]

Ramza, if it's the same idea you were talking about the other night in the chat, I don't think anyone would come close. ;)

25. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Chosen my character for Matt's AU game!

On that subject, is anyone interested in playing as Starkiller/Galen Marek? If you are, send me a PM. There's a (Matt-approved) proposition I have for you. ;)