main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Jocasta Nu's Coffee House: For All Your OOC Discussion Needs!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, May 10, 2010.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Actually I know TGI wanted to submit him probably. But if you get approved right away, the rivals have no chance to hand in their submissions. In my version of Luke Skywalker he was actually Luke´s Master. Instead of Obi Wan who is dead. But the same like Draco and TSG on my side. No word yet. And I probably was the first submission ever.

Anyway, how many candidates are there for Luke Skywalker, BobaMatt? If it is only TSG and me give him to her. She will be better in his skin, anyway.
    EDIT: Made it official and removed my submission from the list I imagine in my head BobaMatt keeps. Don´t know if it was even necessary, but I am gone for some time and I cannot be in all games, right? Good fun with it, everybody!

-Fin-

2. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    eoh, really.

Makes me sad. [face_plain]

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Ah!

I wasn't really here yesterday. I'm sorry about the mess with Luke. The issue with Luke isn't that I'm approving on two different standards or anything, but rather that Luke was the only character I got multiple submissions for, so while I could say, "Sure go ahead" with everyone else, my job - which has, for the past three weeks, involved a project that required my attention from about ten in the morning to after midnight more or less every day - was getting in the way of my considering the various Luke submissions. But that's all over now.

So on to the issue of Luke.

4. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    Funny thing is, I actually wanted to do that. Matt liked the idea. Fin, I wish you had the time to play. It would be an honor to play with one if the masters of role playing. Haven't spoken to Matt in awhile. Might shoot him another PM.

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Nobody else wanted to play Leia apparently. :p

6. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    I think with some people, like you and HSolo, the assumption was foregone that you would play who you would so no one else submitted for them. I actually haven't gotten that many submissions, in the grand scheme, but then that's because I haven't called for them officially or started the thread. Everyone's just kicking around ideas.

7. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    *wince*

I feel a little bit guilty about that. If someone else wants to play Leia, they should have the chance to at least make their case for it.

... only a little bit guilty, mind you. I do want to play her. [face_whistling]

8. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Haha It's a testament to your awesome.

Besides, ladies, nobody's expressed any interest in Padme...

9. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Leia would have been my second choice. So I really just go up against the heavy-hitters, am I? [face_laugh] But I really think I should stick to my submission. Luke it is or is not.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It's also saying something when you have people coming to you to play a certain character. That's always a good feeling.

Not to mention you play an awesome Leia, so no worries there!

11. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Looks like it, TSG. [face_laugh] But as Matt says, there's always Padme... :D

12. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Working on Luke with BobaMatt´s approval. Oh I look forward to give good ole blue eyes a new spin . . . :D

13. Somethingthereaint

Somethingthereaint Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi! I'm new here and was wondering if there is a place on this site to look for rp partners for an star wars rp over a messenger. If there isn't such a place here it would be great if someone could point me in the direction of another place to find people for a 1 on 1 star wars rp over a messenger.

Thanks!

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Hi, Somethingthereaint!

We generally stick to our RPing onsite here with the boards. :)

15. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Hm, Rebellion is working out a lot better then I hoped in terms of players joining o_O Seeing a few names I haven't seen in a while and I've even got a couple that I'm seeing for the first time. Pretteh sweet :D

16. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    :D You said that'd be kicking off today, right? (It's already Monday here.)

17. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Time zones :p I live in New Jersey and its only now that its Monday for me after waking up at 9:00am. But yes, the game is supposed to start today and I shall start working on the opening post after some breakfast :D

18. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    Hurray! Actually, I live in the same time zone as you. I posted that at 12:04... but I'm a student, so my sleeping schedule hasn't been anywhere near normal for a several months. [face_tired]

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Ah I see, you were just being technical about the days then :p

20. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    WTB update!!1!

:p

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Yes yes I know [face_shame_on_you]

22. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OP posted :-D

23. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    For the lack of other places to discuss, I got a serious question on . . . creating games. Not OPs but more entire games. What do you guys think about the idea of basing a game around a single character/ character relationship which has been in other games previously? So to say making [Charactername]: The Title!

24. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I think it would have to be very carefully handled. You'd need an extraordinarily compelling and well-crafted character for it to be worth the effort.

25. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I don´t plan to do it. Someone else does and discussed it yesterday with me. So I cannot say anything about it, but I assume, strongly assume the GM thinks the character to be pretty amazing, otherwise I don´t see the reason. I admit though, that I doubt many characters exist who would make others wanna join a game. I also believe the pressure on the player is pretty high and you very much rely on his reliability.

The only example I could think of coming close to something like this was Max Payne III, where we all loved LordTs portray of him so much we decided to go on with his storyline. But Max Payne is a computer game character, so it does not really count.