main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Jocasta Nu's Coffee House: For All Your OOC Discussion Needs!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthXan318, May 10, 2010.

1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    That is too funny.[face_laugh]

2. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    So.

Snowflies.

:D

3. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yah. Yah.

4. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Something brewing here . . . I think in ToRR not everything is what it seems. Are these changes in colours in updates random or do we actually have CONNECTIONS HERE?

Purple seems to be for Xim the Despot. Red for Argazdan. Blue for Coruscant. Green for Telos. Brown is Trevi IV. Well what is white with black highlight? Dark Side?

And I love that scene between CPL and the Prince! [face_laugh]

5. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Hm, that new introduction thread thing has a very SotS vibe, does it?

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    All I know is my inner student who wrote a 50 page paper on Milton for high school english went "Well technically that was Satan and the whole point was he was wrong" before I realized that was rather irrelevant. :p

7. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, I know an old Man of high scientific progress who would say otherwise. But not in any way you would understand it. My father has this habit of saying things by using a long lecture. Even if he only wants to have the butter :p

Anyway, I actually agree. Hell is not other people. Not for everyone at least. Hell is probably indeed a state of mind.

Well, as someone is hiding behind a sock there I´ll wait for the next hint at what it might be. Sounds interesting, though. So does your game Ramza. That one sounds really interesting. Any details on it yet? A hint? Some spoiler?

[quote=DarkLordoftheFins]Purple seems to be for Xim the Despot. Red for Argazdan. Blue for Coruscant. Green for Telos. Brown is Trevi IV. Well what is white with black highlight? Dark Side?[/quote]

I think I messed up the system once or twice, but yeah there is a system behind the tags. It will soon be announced, but it basically was TGI´s idea to mark storylines, so people have an easier way to find posts they might wanna read. No big secret, therefore. Only a little help.

8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it's still very much a work in progress (I think at the rate it's coming along... mid June? Possibly July?) but the objective is to experiment with the barrier between the roleplayer and the character. If I do it right, my players will have to reevaluate their notion of what an RPG is. In the far more likely event that I screw up it'll just be a very, very strange game. The story's a fundamentally simple one, so the focus is going to be more on the trappings, particularly the way the characters interact with the world and the way GM posts are structured.

As for just what the plot is about... I can't figure out a good way to summarize it yet without giving it away, so I'll just say it's inspired by an old issue of Judge Dredd, but set in the present day.

9. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Could we have the first post-modern RP here? [face_laugh] A strange game might be a success in itself. Death to mainstream! I cry and go back writing updates for my mainstream game I became GM in recently. Dammit. Am I becoming establishment?

Sounds interesting though.

10. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    It indeed sounds SotSish. But if it was Fin he would have posted it 4:30 in the morning and I know he had to work today . . . so I can rule that out. Or can I? It sounds like hell of an interesting game, anyway. Milton and Satre. Two different takes on the old concept of hell.

Maybe someone took the offer of Fin to do a Sequel to SotS. He once said that actually only HE was not allowed to work any further with the material. Dunno how I would feel about it, but hell I would give it a shot.

Damned, why hasn´t Fin allowed Pieces of a Jigsaw to stay open? That would have been the right place.

11. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    [face_laugh] Look at the bright side of it. We bring some traffic to Jocasta´s.

Althoug Fin awake at 0430 would not be an incredible surprise to me I must confess. :p No matter how he works next day. He is the "two-hours-sleep" kinda guy, remember?

Miss SotS

12. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, to all who frequently visit this thread. This is my first time. Prj1 or Joy is fine.

I never expected Forces to run this long, and this is a game without a story. We're all having fun though, except for the lack of Sith, and Sith that support Darth-Malison's Nightpath Sith Academy.

I'm playing so many characters in this game, that it's ridiculous.

[face_laugh]

I'm having a blast.

GM pointers via PM are always welcomed and appreciated.

I like WingedJedi's GMing style. Keep up the awesome work, Winged!!

:)

13. Sir_Draco

Sir_Draco Jedi Master star 4

Aug 19, 2007
    Well, he stayed surprisingly silent about it. But so short after closing Jigsaw? Unlikely.

Anyway, looks like some love goes to the NSWRPF in the near future.

14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I was just busy, not silent. A SilentProphet, hm? I don´t know anything, guys. But it is a sock so the question is of whom?

15. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Something I'd not thought to ask before, and seems relevant now that I've actually posted up the revised OP for my proposed Shakespeare game. How many people would actually be interested in taking part? Usually this doesn't seem like a concern for RPs, but for something that runs the risk of being terribly niche...

16. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    *comes out of lurk mode*

I watched the GDG thread through the Shakespeare discussion, and I think I would definitely participate if you decide to post it, Matt.

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Cool. Involved in another project at the moment - [face_shhh] - but maybe once that's done. Any character ideas? :p

18. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Sending you a PM in just a minute.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I just need to pick the right Henry.:p

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Hahaha You mean there are Henries besides Hotspur?!

21. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Cheers prj1 :)

22. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Well, darthRamza and whoever this SilentProphet is totally got me. I think I´ll have to join both games. Introduction thread is very interesting right now :)

And if he did not deny it, I would swear I knew who SilentProphet is. [face_thinking]

23. TheGoodImperial

TheGoodImperial Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2009
    I guess I´ll have a hard time to join many more game. Although I intended to have one more on my plate. But Ramza yours loks indeed special.

Concerning the SilentProphet. Is anybody around here known to write like Fin? because otherwise that is Fin. Denial or not. It is totally his style. Short teasing sentences followed by explanations. The somehow uncomfortable intimiacy of the statement. The connection between religion and madness. The everyday facts mixed with greater events. It is really good and really Fin. I would bet money on it.

So, I guess he is preparing a game about Hell :p Might very well be a spiritual successor of SotS. Which means I´d join immediately. Maybe I can play John Henley. He certainly is in whatever nather-realm there is by now. Waiting for more . . .

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Well, it's definitely one of you guys from Europe, because of the way the apostrophes are handled - note "can´t" and compare it to "It?s" and "can't" which are copy pasted from MS Word and typed by myself, respectively. Then again you probably noticed that already.:p

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Yeah, whoever it is uses a continental keyboard. German or Dutch. but with two dutch having joined the board lately I think we´re not safe anymore. Could be one of ten people. :p

But TGI you´re right. Reading it and then reading the final two pages of SotS . . . I am sorry to spoil anything, but after playing with Fin for ten years I say it is totally him :p Come forth and confess you mean spirit!