main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Jocasta Nu's Coffee House

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Apr 23, 2006.

1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    And I appreciate the psychotic of the game not being me for a change :p Keep ´em. As long as they do their job. I´ve seen many good characters suffer from "inner voices" :)

2. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    So, here comes the critique of inner voices. From me, yeah I am seriously, from all people in the words from me.

As someone playing a character hearing voices and communicating with them for three long years . . . I must warn you that it becomes an obligation in time and it only stays cool, if it makes sense storywise. I was so lucky to have GMs dedicate a whole plot to the existence of these voices, but if not they can just become a uneccesary element. The point is these voices must be constantly feeded with something to do and talk about. They also make a character very lonely. Isolated from hte outside. Or they are pointless at some point. And having them stay silent for a time and then return always is a little "forced in" for this element to work. So consider if you want to design a char around it and think about if you have something to back them up. And if these are two times a: "YES" then do it.

My two cents.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I strongly urge you to downplay the voice. Don't draw attention to it. Once you do, it'll be very...well, it'll be very contrived. I'm using a similar thing but I've never once explicitly stated that there is another personality inside Bakara's head; another persona perhaps, another mask he'll use, but not another entity or consciousness.

4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well as the tallies stand it has been decided that the voice will stay...for now. I might change later plans and ideas I had had from all of this input, and if any are curious I can tell you how-after they happen of course;)

Well I best be off to make the post, so far I find this fun and not a burden, if I feel I am forcing the voice I won't write it. Which is what I've done so far, that's the truth the song was because it got stuck in my head...I blame the radio station and the movie 'It Takes Two' but that's just me.

Vicious looks like his story just took an interesting twist with the Khil, gotta say I love the idea behind the race just never could invision how to play one so I'll be taking notes...no pressure now.:)

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Mitth, I have to ask, because it's bothering me. :p What is a 'losser'?

6. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I actually began reading ManCubs. Felt like an outsider, before :p

Mischa just died. Sad scene. [face_worried]

7. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Losser: The mistyped version of loser, in the context of "losser of all" is used to indicate one that has lost everything.:-B

I must say I am shocked that Mischa revealed how she doesn't need eyes to quickly to Khan's mother...especially with how scarry and twisted her Prakith is. Not that later residents really did all that much with the place.

8. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Ah, gotcha. :p

Nah - she figured Kali already guessed it anyway. Well: that, and Mischa is apparently a stressed-out little adolescent who gets mouthy under pressure. :D

LordT - Yay you're reading Man Cubs!! :D That scene was fun ... O:)

9. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, I guess you only need to keep them busy, until the third ManCub shows up with her guns and does a John Woo, anyway. :D Sorry, I know I am a bit fanboyish, here. But I love my little Claire to go badass on people who thought she was a . . . little girl. :p

Also I hope the 133 ABY players got the nod to our game by Winged :D Obviously another fan of the "Kill me!"

And I got something figured out ten minutes ago . . . and I. Can. Not. Talk. About. It. :eek: This game is gonna drive me crazy. More so than usually, I mean.

10. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Orly? <.< *sips some Dew*

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    There's a usual level? Here I thought it was just in constant state of flux.o_O

12. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I think his usual level is so high, we down to earth guys can´t see where it ends :p Anyway, I wanted to announce that I totally dig the Elisthia-Tree and Bakara/Gallia-Devaronians scenes . . . and I love each and every character there.

I won´t read too much in here, though. I fear for spoilers. [face_peace]

13. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Indeed, spoilers be bad when you don't want them [face_skull]

I actually have a rough draft of my next post for Susul that I've made up in my mind in preparation for Winged's next updates :p

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I've already done the same thing for Fin's next post, I just need him to post...I hope that happens soon.

Winged as well so I can see what happens next to the Prakith infiltraiting trio.

15. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Fin is working on the 133 ABY final post right now . . . so I think he´s busy. I will send in an update on my "infiltration" (D-Day counts as infiltration too for you :p?) attempt on Prakith. I think trailer scenes and 133 ABY homages are awesome. But the Hutt is a poor fella.

Trying to figure out if a certain person is Ecko or Cato . . .

16. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    Shouldn't be hard, surely. They're 40 years apart. o_O

... I smell a theory. :D

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Well, Winged has a tendency to be a little . . . vague on the age of fates :p If it´s a figure from her fate she looks for . . .

At least we three, me and Mitth Two got a ship :p

18. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    We three? I guess so, but I still think the odd one out isn't pulling his weight in work. Then again he is pretty light[face_thinking]

The fact that it looks like we'll have an armed ship is what really has me excited, curious where we'ld go with it though. Perhaps swing by the old haunts, say high to the new Emperor, startup a puppet show without using any strings...the possibilities are endless:p

19. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    And then settle down for some pizza and Dew :D

20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Of course! How could we three forget the pizza and...watcha-ma-callit? Hmmm, I think we should think up some star wars'y name for pizza and Dew, they could be...Disc-o-cheesa and Battle-Aid!;)

Well, it looks like the ball of fate is once more rolling, and has left Fin and us two to whatever fates we can eek out for ourselves.

21. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    During one of my more crazier moments in an rpfchat that had been induced by a tired day of work and a bottle of Mountain Dew having been plunged into my system, I had gotten to the "brilliant" idea of a Sith character, master of the ancient art of Alchemy, that has managed to create his own elixir that, when drunk, allows his mind to work faster, his body move faster, a slight increase in strength, etc. And of course the recipe would involve like...the morning dew of a planet cause....ya know...dew...and...Dew! And it would be a green, glowy kind of look cause...Dew is green!

And then I was like HEY...wait!

For there to be an evil, Sith conversion of this magical substance that embodies the total awesomeness of the one true elixir that is Mountain Dew, there needs to be a Jedi-flavored one! Like Game Fuel! Cause you know, there's two versions of Game Fuel afterall. And then there's the fact that there's ALWAYS a diet version of soda (and Diet Mountain Dew is just...unholy [face_sick] ). So there would be TWO versions of this elixir.

And then I was like......HEY! What if you combine the two? Drink a little of one? And a little of the other?

The galaxy would be torn apart in what could only be called......AWESOME! Green, caffeine-filled AWESOME!

It's not just Dew that sets me off ya know. *munches on a Reeses that he stole from his sister's gathered candy* And it is Halloween afterall...

*scoots towards Man Cubs to get started on his post, still nibbling on his peanut buttery, chocolatey goodness*

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Whatever crazy combination of sugary treats and drinks you used tonight, keep it up. I thought that was a particularly nice reaction to the news of the end of the Rakata. You've set a bar for all of us.

23. Sarge221

Sep 9, 2006
    Haha, thanks there Jabba :p I actually had a rough draft of it set up in my mind quite a few days ago but, as some people can attest to, a few of what I consider to be my best posts have been influenced with a caffeine-sugar cocktail with some added sleep deprivation [face_laugh]

It's awesome to finally be posting in this great RP though and I can't wait to read more of not only what Winged will plot but how the others will deal with it [face_peace] Like with Elora and the Hutt, how crazy Kali will be dealt with, Vic's own craziness, and of course some of the craziness that some of the Panchaea group have with which is like........all of them [face_laugh]

Ah...this'll be fun [face_peace]

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Game full of crazy characters = crazy awesome.

OF COURSE! It all makes sense now!:p

25. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    And me and Sarge added a last ManCubs reference to 133 ABY - THe Dark Odyssey.

At least I could "save" the Hutt. Looking forward to Level Four. ;) Probably I can do it today, before I leave Amsterdam. And I seriously need to read your posts. Only skipped over Baloo and Sarge so far . . .