main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Jocasta Nu's Coffee House

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah. Sweet times. And all I've been working on was a Race Starter post for Podracer though it took me the afternoon. *sigh*

My job there is done.

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I hate exams. 'Specially final exams.

That's why when I write mine, I write them so my students don't feel need to go directly from the test to the bar. I only wish my professors were as considerate.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am trying to write a take-home final on film theories right now and the bar sounds really good. :p I don't know why it's acceptable for film theorists to write five-lines-long run-on sentences and make up works, but it's driving me crazy. It's impossible to understand, much less write about.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    At least you get to work on things in English, and not things in the background of abstract general Metric spaces!

5. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    What works for me and exams is to not think about them at all, then just wing em.

BTW, Tommarow is my One Year Aniversary. [face_dancing]

I need to get out more...

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I think that applies to all of us, Angus.

7. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    You lucky *********s, you in college or do your schools just end absurdly early? We have like the first week in June for our finals.

But after that I get a week of Portfolio prep. 9-5 working on art/screwing around with my friends. I can't wait.

Edit: Oh yeah, I'm completely drawing a blank for the GDG contest.

And beware Kingdom Hearts II. I lost two good days of RPing (including 4/5 of the Vengeance run in Podracer) because I couldn't pry myself away from it.

8. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I have three papers due for Political science on Wednesday, and I am just starting them. And in Journalism 101 I have to read 5 chapters and refresh on the rest of the book by tuesday if I want to even have a chance of passing. Sephy, if you complelty come up with a blank, I can give you an idea, but you would have to work out all the stuff...

9. OblivionXIII

OblivionXIII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2006
    [face_laugh]

I was the same way Sephy. That is until I beat it in a total of 4 days, which was quite disappointing. But when you play it day in and day out, you can't expect it to last much longer. :p

10. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I am not looking forward to my math final this year.

Socials - fine, English - fine, Math - *cries uncontrollably*

11. OblivionXIII

OblivionXIII Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2006
    I missed my English finals this past Friday due to a pretty damaging illness, so I'll have to get those made up somehow.

As for me:

English - fine

Math - fine

Science - moderate

History - *dies*

12. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Spanish- Hola, Tambien. That's all I learned this year, I should do alright on the final I suppose...

History- It's just questions Copied and Pasted from past tests, so I'll do alright.

Alg 2-Our midterm was difficult as dueling Dooku...Ill fail this and loose my beautiful A :_|

Eng- I'll do alright, I know the material good.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Well I've got about 4 pages done on this final...only 6 to go. Anyone seen the Final Fantasy movie? That's what I'm writing about. :p

14. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Words can't describe how close I came to dying from how much that made me laugh.

And, MasterPrenn, I think I have an idea, but implementation is a whole 'nother thing.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    *brushes the dust off a table and has a seat*

BTW ...

anyone else see a good bit of irony in that statement? :p

16. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i see a huge amount of irony in that...

17. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    DI, I saw a bunch of irony in Angus' whole dang post.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm just depressed. You don't know how depressed I am.

While you guys and gals have school worries, I have a school child coming to me for two weeks work experience, and she DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!

What the heck am I supposed to do with her for two weeks?!

My last work experience nightmare that my boss foisted on me was an overseas student who English was supposed to be great, but I had to type what I wanted to say onto AltaVista's Babelfish translator, turn it into French, and get him to read it. FOR THREE MONTHS!

I am sooo fragging depressed.

19. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Well Sith-I, the way I see it, you have three options...

1. Laugh

2. Cry

3. Set something on fire

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Option Number Two please. :_|

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Give her a yo-yo.

Use elaborate pantomiming and interpretive dance to indicate that if she learns English, she gets to use the yo-yo. Everytime she fails you in using English, you are going to take the yo-yo, and smack her in the forehead with it.

22. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    It's a great oppurtunity to learn parts of a new language, and teach her some engilsh.

23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    interpretive dance [face_laugh]

Mm. I wonder in some of Threepio's SIX MILLION forms of communication includes interpretive dance?

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I would imagine it does.

25. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Well, there's always a chance that if the one who was supposed to know English didn't, that the one who isn't supposed to know English does.

If all else fails, build a 3PO unit. Ani did it, how hard can it be.

I like the yo-yo idea though, although I suck at yo-yo so that wouldn't be much in the way of encouragement for me.