main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JoePa has died at age 85

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TahiriVeilaSolo69, Jan 22, 2012.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Varouj probably thinks OJ was innocent.

2. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I called the cops. They told me "cool bra" and hung up :(

3. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    lol yeah totally bro haha for sure lmao haha yeah.

4. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Varouj, take it from me, stop defending the guy. If you want to be in a class like me or perhaps worse then stop now.

Hell I have never stooped so low as to defend a molestor.

5. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I'm defending a molester? Who did Paterno molest?

I thought I was defending someone who did what most people would do in the situation he found himself in. Unless any of you really did call the cops from any of those blogs I was telling you about.

6. beezel26

May 11, 2003

Seriously, what the heck dude, People don't let molestors off the hook. When they hear that someone has raped a boy in the shower they are going to the police. They are not going to give it to the people above them and let it go.

What are you one of the brainwashed football fans that think football coaches can do no wrong?

Tahiri already trying to defend JoePa and she lost, and her excuse wasn't that bad. but yours, wow piss poor and really making look bad.

7. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/6/69/LMB.jpg]

8. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Don't ever talk about me in a post again. Kthx. :)

9. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    I assume then that you've called the cops from those blogs right? You literally have more information on those rapes right now then he did.

I've heard from people that someone I know is a drug dealer. I've never seen him deal drugs. He's never told me he's sold drugs. Should I call up the cops right now?

You guys are all looking at this with the knowledge that Sandusky molested children. This is information we know. Victims have come forward. This is why we know it. Not victim. Victims. Plus mcqueary's statements. plus paterno's. When we have this much information, of course we would think, "well clearly he should have called the cops!" But Paterno didn't have all this information. All he had was one guy who said to him, "Hey I saw Sandusky doing some pretty jacked up crap in the shower with a boy." And Paterno then immediately notified the administration.

which is more than any of you have done so far about the blogs I mentioned last I checked.

10. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    You're not just guilty of an ad hominen tu quoque; You're guilty of an predictive ad hominem tu quoque. And a non sequitur at that. Penn State and the Internet are two separate places. I'm just a random person on the internet. Joseph Paterno was a big shot at Penn State. A blog written by someone I've never seen is different than someone I know or who works under me telling me something.

Shall we continue to list the differences that eviscerate your ill-processed analogy or are you going to concede that this was one lame attempt to switch the focus on us?

11. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Just a random person on the internet? Naaah, give yourself more credit than that. You have morals.

This wasn't an attempt to switch the focus onto all of you. It's adorable that you thought that though. It was a successful attempt at showing how little you all would do with even more information than Paterno had. You have more information than him. Fact. You have waaaaay more rape victims confessing to you. Yes to you. Their blogs are public. They're confessing to all of us. so more victims. Fact. And what did any of you do? Nothing. Which means I was successful in pointing out that given more information than Paterno, the majority of us would do nothing.

EDIT: also, you have a really fancy vocabulary. Clearly that makes you better than some football coach. You really should know better than to not alert the proper authorities.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    if someone told me that kids were being raped in the bathroom where i work i would call the police.

13. beezel26

May 11, 2003

What the heck dude.

If I got information that an underling saw the rape of a boy by a colleague it is rape. not suspected. I would do something besides going to the guys above me. its rape, and more importantly, covering up the allegations means I would be morally corrupt. Its not like he said, well they got out of the shower and the boy was kinda naked. it was rape that he witnessed. Even if mcqueary had said something was fishy you still have to go to the police. Its a child.

14. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    really tom? You wouldn't ask the person who witnessed why they haven't called the police? you don't think the police would take the claim more seriously if it was from someone who witnessed instead of someone who heard about it from someone else?

I can literally go to my work tomorrow and just start telling people that kids are getting raped in the bathroom by the branch manager and watch his life get drained down the toilet if people thought like you guys. The police might investigate him, and they'll determine he's innocent. And you know what happens next? I guarantee the guy gets fired. Fed Ex won't keep him around if something like this happens. Guaranteed. It's bad PR.

bam. Look how easy that is. I just ruined a guy's life because I told other employees he's raping kids and they all called the cops. Good for them for taking the moral high ground and running with a rumor right to the police.

15. beezel26

May 11, 2003

16. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Is it possible for this thread to be about the fact that he died and not the other situation? Don't we have another thread for that? I mean I get that people here are heartless and its ok to hate a guy for making a wrong moral decision and it makes some people on here feel better, but geesh. This is wrong. There's better things to do with yourself.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i dunno, i work at a library and i've called the police for lots of reasons at work. people, whether an employee of mine or just a patron often come to someone in a position of authority rather than call the police themselves. so yeah, if someone tells me there's someone smoking pot in the stairwell or exposing themselves in the computer lab i'll call the cops. it's worth looking into at least. if that person turns out to be lying i don't really think anyone's life is going to be ruined.

so yeah, if someone told me kids were being raped in the bathroom i would call the cops. it's something they should at least investigate.

edit: i guess my thing is why would someone lie about something like that? granted, i've never heard "this specific person is doing this" and if someone was leveling an accusation like that i might take it a bit more cautiously.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    He was 85. He was a famous football coach. Nobody here knew him personally. I don't really see how it's "heartless" to discuss something that came to light mere months ago and criticize him for it.

19. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    Who said Sandusky was innocent?

Or is that how you took my hypothetical work story? next time think before you post. You're worse than Vivec.

EDIT: All I'm saying is that's a very serious accusation, and you really have to think about it before possibly throwing someone under the bus. did Sandusky molest those kids? Yes. Did Paterno know that for sure? Hell no.

20. beezel26

May 11, 2003

Horsey, he had twelve years to come clean, he chose not to. May he rot in hell for all the other victims that were not saved by his lapse in moral judgement.

People only cared about his football career. they simply forgot that he lacked the same moral compass he eschewed for all his players. It is not just about the kids, its about the women raped by his players who he did nothing for. Its about the kids beaten up by his football players cause they were young. He was no different then a Television evangelist found with with a hooker.

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006

22. Armenian_Jedi

Mar 14, 2003
    lmao

EDIT: anyway, this was fun. I have work in the morning so... good night.

23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    there are laughable posts being made on both sides. i just think the guy should have done more not that he's the devil, but i'm always shocked when people rush to defend him. i just don't get that at all.

24. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    You know what, this whole post is reprehensible.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    bye beezel. and please don't ever claim to speak for the rest of the jc.