main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JoePa has died at age 85

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by TahiriVeilaSolo69, Jan 22, 2012.

1. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    I'm having a crisis here. Should I call the cops and tell them about the protest, or should I just hope that one of you guys tells them? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!!!

2. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    What are you on about?

An allegation of child molestation (and abuse of your official position to accomplish such) would be one of the most tremendous black marks possible in a Human Resources file, even if you were later cleared. If it didn't get you fired, it would certainly arrest any upward mobility you ever hoped to have in that job. Your whole argument is built on this false dichotomy that somehow posits and internal investigation wouldn't carry any negative effects. Your scenario doesn't really spare anyone much emotionally or professionally. It's just way less effective in terms of actually doing something if there turns out to be actual wrong-doing.

Other holes:

1. How exactly would the administration's investigation be much more thorough than Paterno's? It's not like he couldn't bring resources to bear as an iconic figure at the university and the man credited with managing one of it's most profitable operations.

2. Relatedly, your examples keep talking about reporting things to the employee's superior. Paterno was the superior of the relevant parties. Isn't investigating exactly what he's supposed to do?

3. As I've also noted before, Paterno didn't really talk about expressing doubt about what happened. In his interviews, he spoke about feeling overwhelmed and incapable of dealing with sexual abuse allegations that he found credible. In that he experienced consternation about the proper response, you can't really argue about a scenario where someone doubts the events in the first place.

3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    You're probably right. "God Hates Child Molesters" just isn't edgy enough to garner the attention they think they deserve.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's the WBC. Those idiots would (and have) protest the funeral of children who died in a simple car accident, if only to keep their name out in the media.

I do feel sorry for Paterno's family at them doing this. Let them grieve in private and not have to put up with these idiots.

5. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I was under the impression that they tied all of their protests back to their anti-gay message.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I, for one, am stoked that the WBC will be hosting protests at JoePa's funeral... now I will finally get to see what Beezel looks like...

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    They do, but they protest at almost any public event these days (including Comic Con!), in an attempt to get people to attack them physically so they can file lawsuits as their main source of income these days.

Even the KKK thinks their batcrazy.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Don't call the cops, just tell your superiors. Tomorrow morning.

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    WBC

I would love to tie up the WBC and make them watch Bound over and over.

10. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    I have a better idea.
    [image=http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/october2009/121009top.jpg]
    I'll bring marshmallows.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Harming people has always been the most effective way to demonstrate our disdain over their having harmed people.

12. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    [image=http://content9.flixster.com/question/64/81/28/6481283_std.jpg]
    "It was an appalling suicide!"

13. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Clearly the solution to everything is arson.

14. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008

15. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I. Unsurprisingly, I don't really know what LeeKenobi is on about.

II. Since we're finding lost people, what happened to Whitey? It's actually rather important that I talk to him soon.

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I'm still waiting for KERRPLUNK to show up. She was my YJCC Valentine... and generally the only female on here, besides Juiliana who liked me at my most deplorable. Where has she gone...?

17. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    It would probably be more peaceful if a lot of the people from the old 3SA days weren't found and brought back :p

And swinging us back on topic to the original topic at hand, RIP and all that jazz.

18. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Inquiring minds might want to know why.[face_whistling]

:p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

19. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
  20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  21. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    She came back for a year or so not that long ago.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Apparently we were more cliquish and deplorable then before. :(

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Also anyone know what happened to General_Veers05?

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    WHERE IS GRIFFZ

25. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    What happened to jedikitty ?