main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    1. Reylo. Thats all I sensed was on her mind, other than the 2 seconds she remembers him when interpreting Wookie.
    2. Reylo. RJ wants us to think they are. Otherwise he wouldn't have went through extraordinary mental gynnastics to get them together. He created a new Force power just so Reylo could happen.
    3. Reylo. Nobody cares about Finn's storyline in TLJ. It was all about Reylo.
    4. Reylo. All the sexual tension was between Rey and Kylo. Finn was separated from Rey then given a consolation prize so Reylo to happen. First a kiss on the forehead then a hug. Yay.

It's Reylo Reylo Reylo. Finn is now a joke. Thanks RJ. I'm just salty right now. Crait levels of salt. I hated TLJ. I didn't think it was possible for Hollywood to be this tone deaf but I was wrong. 9 is the first Star Wars that I'm not excited for. I just want this trilogy to be over.

Blastaar and MGM like this.
  2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Sometimes I don't think some of us watched the same movie.

3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    The way they handled Finn in this movie was shameful.

4. Ren Kylo

Ren Kylo Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 23, 2015
    i've seen people on here mention the possibility of finn leading a stormtrooper rebellion and i love the sound of that. would've been perfect if they had finn interact with some stormtroopers in tlj to build up to something more in 9. i also would love for him to end up with rey. but after tlj basically showed how pointless and detrimental speculation and expectations are i'm not getting my hopes up too high.

StormScavenger and cut-of-space like this.
  5. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    TFA: Finn was Rey's sidekick

TLJ : Finn was BB-8's sidekick

Ep IX : who is Finn going to be the sidekick of ?
    (given the current trend, my bet is on a porg)

rayjefury likes this.
  6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I just hope he has some cool moments in IX.

7. cbsnswf2390

cbsnswf2390 Jedi Knight

Jul 1, 2014
    I liked(didn’t love it) The Last Jedi, but I thought it was a mistake to put the Rose character into Finn’s storyline and had never should’ve been romantically linked. They could have saved Rose for EPIX. I wished it was just he and Poe on that journey that Rian had intended to develop there relationship. And then in EPIX Rey, Finn, and Poe team up. Such a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
    MrDarth0, Rhyoth and StormScavenger like this.
  8. Rhyoth

Rhyoth Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Why change a losing formula ?

He will start off by being ridiculized for no reason

He will then be shown trying to run away

He will meet a modest and unassuming girl

The girl will almost immediately knock him down

The girl will falsely believe he is more heroic than he actually his

After quickly sharing some informations, the two will go on a serie of adventures, together with BB-8

The girl will discover she has more heroic potential than she thought

They'll be joined by an older and shady character who will provide Finn life advices

Finn will provide his FO insider knowledge to move the plot forward

He will later admit this knowledge was gain during his galaxywide career as janitor

He and a group of friends will get captured

A minor character will get a badass moment and save them all

He will infiltrate an enemy facility, during which he will come face to face wih his nemesis : Phasma

He will put her out of commission thanks to the assisstance of his friends

During the final battle, he will truly become a hero, putting his life on the line to save his friend(s)

The girl will save him from a certain death, and later kiss him (location may vary)

He and his friends will escape aboard the Millenium Falcon

THE END

What do you think ? Too "bold and original" maybe ?

9. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    Finn will tag with Broom Boi. Have him go through finding something to fight for even though he did in the previous two movies. And of course, get shocked and/or knocked down by Broom Boi because he's trying to leave to find Rey.

Lame.

But seriously, JJ needs to have Finn stop sharing First Order intel and sneaking into First Order bases and ships and go on an actual adventure for the Resistance that will affect the plot, or at the very least, pair Finn up with Rey or Poe for the bulk of Episode IX. I don't hate Rose but they had little chemistry and it felt like a bad replica of the FinnRey pairing from TFA just so that they would have an excuse to split Rey and Finn up.

10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Finn and Rey were already split up. JJ did it.

Yora likes this.
  11. StormScavenger

StormScavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2015
    Right. I thought the split would benefit them both, Finn in particular, but, IMO, it did not. We'll see how JJ decides where Finn will go and where he will be regarding his status/rank in the Resistance compared to the end of TLJ. Until I see proof that Finn will have at least a decent story line, my expectations are very low for his character.

12. bergstrom

bergstrom Jedi Master star 2

Jan 26, 2004
    Finn was a redundant charcter in ep8. I totally lost interest in him.

afrojedi and Ryanpaulstewart like this.
  13. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    I think it would serve Finn well to not be paired with anybody. That way we get to see him stand on his own two feet and we don't have other characters there taking away from his agency and seriousness. At this point, past the point really, he really needs to stop learning lessons and start doing actual plot-relevant stuff. I'm not talking about giving First Order intel for other characters to save the day.
    It's bottom of the ninth inning with two outs and two strikes and LucasFilm hasn't even taken a full swing yet with Finn. No excuses for not taking a real swing this time.

14. Darren_Saw

Darren_Saw Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 18, 2015
    He'll probably look to run away (for the third time) and then be persuaded by someone not to. Then he'll battle Phasma again and beat her again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

15. wilyen

wilyen Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    They really didn't give finn much setup on what he becomes in episode IX. Which means after a significant time skip he could become anything from foot soldier to a jedi in rey new order. Still trying to figure out importance in this trilogy.

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Yeah, it's clear from Luke's words to Kylo, that Poe would become Resistance leader and Rey is now the last Jedi.

With Finn, he just said "The War has just begun."

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Finn's story in IX should be about inciting a rebellion among FO's stormtroopers.

18. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    The First Order will have some new techlogy again and Finn will know exactly what it is even through he was just a janitor

rayjefury, Ren Kylo, MGM and 2 others like this.
  19. Ryanpaulstewart

Ryanpaulstewart Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2016
    Great point. If Finn were removed from TLJ, nothing in the story would change. Not sure what there is to expect in IX. Two movies of development and there's nothing specific about this character.

rayjefury and afrojedi like this.
  20. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Really should have had the Canto Blight be about capturing Finn to draw Rey out before her training was completed just like Snoke's hero Vader did to draw Luke out.
    Holdo revealed as a New Republic Vice Admiral sent with a flotilla to bring Leia back so the Senate could officially dissolve the Resistance group effectively meaning Snoke would have won had he waited instead of allowing Huxt to blow up the capital when he did.
    The whole hyperspace tracker tech is a ruse to hide the fact the ships supplied by the New Republic were all tagged with the details passed on by Snoke's allies.
    The destruction of the capital eliminated the only database holding that information meaning that all it takes is BB-8 accessing the Supremacy database and deleting their copy this the FO can't track them any further!
    DJ seems to betray Finn to the FO but actually does so, so upon delivering Finn to the Supremacy he smuggles both Rose and BB-8 getting paid by both sides in the process.
    Finn escapes preferably because Phasma needs his help rescuing her niece.
    Holdo seeking revenge rams the Supremacy with the Raddus allowing the others to escape in the confusion.
    Kylo kills Snoke ascending his throne and the time it takes to complete the takeover allows Finn & co to escape leading to Crait and Luke's supposed return.

21. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    They need to drop the Finn/Rey romance. These two's sole motivation can't be each other. Finn spent TLJ learning the exact same lesson as TFA, and Rey didn't grow at all, but was magically a Jedi or something. Keep them apart. A romance isn't deserved when the characters don't even know themselves.

Yora and Hopeless like this.
  22. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

Hey i'm not trying to start anything, but didn't i just see you in the reylo thread advocating for that "romance"?

afrojedi and cut-of-space like this.
  23. Idril

Idril Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 24, 2016
    Wasn't this a deleted TLJ scene? Apparently Phasma shot the stormtroopers who attempted to leave with Finn. Ia, I still want Finn to incite a rebellion. Thought it would happen in TLJ, but perhaps they're saving it for IX.

24. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I think romance doesn't need to be in 9 at all, but if it exists, I'm much more for Ben and Rey than Rey and Finn. Ben at least knows things about Rey. Finn likes Rey because she looked at him once. Their relationship isn't believable at all to me. I don't feel that chemistry at all from them, no matter how many times we have to watch them hug.

Doom_Buggy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.