main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Here's another pic of JB with a girl he used to go to school with (he doesn't appear to be growing his hair all over???)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Chewies_bandolier likes this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Err... that's Leticia Wright ... from his acting school, I assume. And yeah - weird cut...

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Letitia.. :p

...and yes ;)

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    ......That Femi Oguns connection

5. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015
    Hmm I'm not really feeling this cut. His PacRim hair is still my fave, but I'm guessing they'll want something a bit longer for IX (and y'know, something that's not a replica of another character's look...though I'd forgive it :p).

6. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006

John....stopping charming all your Co-workers on set!

7. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006

Troopa212 and dragonchic like this.
  8. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    Not a weird cut he's in the beginning stages of growing Dred locs which is why his hair is in twists.

MGM, VPS9898 and cerealbox like this.
  9. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    I think it was more the shaved sides which I found different. I have grown dreads by accident (try not brushing your curly hair for a week) so I know what they look like :)

dragonchic likes this.
  10. nagajuna

nagajuna Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 5, 2016
    He shaving the sides because he still wants to make it look neat for events and appearances and not make it look full blown out Rasta rude boy!

11. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Dredlocs.....I wonder....

[​IMG]

...what that....

[​IMG]

....could mean...

[​IMG]

Addendum:

I just realized...Rey still has the pieces of Anakin's Lightsaber meaning she could forge a new one using that crystal and parts...however if memory serves...luke's GREEN lightsaber is still on Ach-to...I wonder...if that sword could still play a role in Episode 9....in another warriors hands?

Troopa212 and dragonchic like this.
  12. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Does Kylo know where Ach-to is given that Snoke did and that Rey does and that they all had this group force bond thing happening ... if so - Supreme Leader Kylo would be very wise to level the island and either take or destroy Luke's sabre with it.

13. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Unlikely, the bond has noticeable limitations, and Snoke didn't appear to be in a sharing mood. Nothing suggest that Kylo Knows where Luke is and in all honesty...since Luke faded from view as he did Kylo might still think Luke is alive in Episode 9.

....which would be an interesting way for Finn to outwit Kylo in a Lightsaber duel. A dark area, Kylo partially blinded and Finn wearing a heavy cloak that covers his features. The Green blade snaps into life and Kylo goes ballastic thinking Luke has returned...not even bothering to use the force since he assumes it won't work on Luke...no this contest will be solved by Lightsabers...but he's so unbalanced that he loses....and only realizes he was never fighting Luke at the end of the battle.

14. dragonchic

dragonchic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2015
    I was looking for images of shorter dreads and have no idea why this popped up but damn, imagine if Finn tried to one-up Rey's three bun hairstyle like so:

[​IMG]

Lulu Mars, afrojedi and Darth Smurf like this.
  15. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Oh. I have a hankering that when Luke opened himself up to the Force once more, when battling Kylo, he and Kylo probably had a similar bond thing happening to him and Leia. If Rey random could feel Luke's passing into the force, so to speak, I would find it very inconsistent if Kylo who shares much closer bond to him, doesn't.

I can go with the whole "Snoke not sharing" speculation. And no .. don't tease me again with a FS Finn - burnt one, twice. Now just ashes in an urn.. (what happened to THAT btw ?)

16. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    He could always use extensions. A lot of people don't know MbJ used extensions for Killmonger.

17. ahsokatanos

ahsokatanos Jedi Padawan

Mar 16, 2016
    I guess it depends on the size of the time jump - but I was thinking the same thing. He'd need to have hair of a certain length for them to even be able to attach extensions on which could be why he's trying to grow it out.

18. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Anyone else notice that Finn rarely smiles in this movie? I'm thinking back on it after trying to rewatch the Crait scene. And I'll admit that, though he was unfortunately still subjected to a couple poorly done comedic moments, the moments he smiled weren't really included. And while Rey, Leia and Poe are all excited, relieved and happy at the end of TLJ, Finn's the only one who doesn't smile at all in the ending. Not even when he and Rey reunite.

Even up until that moment, he was all fired up about fighting Kylo and whatnot. His last scene (besides the group shot at the end) was him being all concerned over Rose's state. Even in the first panel of the post-TLJ Poe Dameron comic, his first shot is him sitting next to Rey, seeming pretty on-edge or even angry or frustrated about what'd just happened.

It's something small I noticed, and I'm definitely not trying to get anyone's hopes up, but...maybe Finn really will be taken more seriously in IX?

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  19. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    from a different thread, but still relevant to this conversation regarding Finn, “I had a bunch of ideas from the beginning, back on VII, of where the story would go,” said Mr. Abrams. “I just never in my wildest dreams thought I would have a chance to execute them.”

Thoughts?

20. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    1. It means that whatever directions JJ thought Finn should go....RJ didn't take in TLJ.
    2. Nothing in TLJ has closed off whatever ideas for Finn JJ had.
    3. Rose was not created by JJ so her impact on or association with Finn in Episode 9 is looking tenuous.

21. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006

Troopa212 likes this.
  22. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Did anyone read this yet on reddit?
    Would explain why Finn will have longer hair
    I won’t name my boss because it would give me up immediately, BUT I will say this- I have glimpsed some pieces of concept art! I only had about a minute to look at them, but I had to share what I saw.

• Poe and Finn standing wearing dirty civilian clothes, looks like some kind of disguise. Finn’s hair is knappy and grown out while Poe had a longer slicked back look. They’re walking (pushing?) through a crowd of aliens in some kind of cityscape, kind of looks like Nar Shadda
    -Finn and Poe again, on the same planet, but this time caught in a firefight. Finn is ducked behind some kind of container, while Poe is leaning up to shoot.

-The third one I saw featured Rose, wearing a completely different hair style, sitting in the Gunner’s seat of the millennium falcon. It was a pretty close perspective so not much to reveal.

And that’s it, folks! If I see anything else I’ll let know ;)

Edit: in an attempt to hide my identity so that I don’t get fired!
    Maybe they are going to be some underground guerilla style rebels

23. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Yep and the consensus was that anyone who'd announce on reddit (of all places) that they were anonymous, but the PA of someone high up on the production line, would probably not be eh. really real, as they'd be easily identified and lose their job.

Also - all these rumours tend to come up as soon as something is noted in the press/real life / instagram first. A grain of salt, I will take it with, to paraphrase my favourite green little dude.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sure. Most probably fake, however it is such a small little unimportant "leak" that I doubt that some of the "I know everything" leaker would have posted it. Maybe this one is real. Anyway we might never find out. Concept art does not necessarily end up in the movie.

25. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    But 80% of the time, end up in the art books that come out with the movie release date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.