main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII [v 2.0 Read Opening Post BEFORE Posting]

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Merkurian , Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

What the hell is a pirate jedi?

2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    A Jedi trained by Maz (who is more of a pirate than your standard robes and council type). It might shake up the Jedi a little.

3. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    Rey doesn't have her staff in that scene, she has a Stormie blaster, which she gets while fighting her way out of the base.

4. Gabriel Tossan

Gabriel Tossan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2015
    Pirate-Jedi is so cool!Reminds me the duo Ezra/Kanan, but i would like her to be smarter than the jedi in some aspects like, i dont know, she should do something that the jedi cant do!

HanSolo29 , Han Drolo and Satipo like this.
  5. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Actually people take this for granted. No one really entertains otherwise.

Anyway, my theory isn't that she fights Kylo with the lightsaber first, but that she is the first to physically confront Kylo before Finn gets there.

jjgriffin and Satipo like this.
  6. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    Either way I think she confronts him physically.

7. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    I'm just saying the boss fight depends on which character is on the base. We already knew Finn gets injured and Rey fights Kylo. Its this whole accepting her destiny crap I dont agree with. The lightsaber is a tool that she must use to try and survive if thats how it plays out. She could get knocked off first like the jimjamjim leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjgriffin likes this.
  8. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    Maz is such a weird character. At first I thought she would be a part of Luke's academy, but now with her age and Han knowing her, I wonder what her role is. She is definitely Force Sensitive, and probably a former Jedi. Could she be one of the lost Jedi? I have been on the she will train Finn side for a while, but I do think there is something to the question of Luke being the "Last Jedi".

I think they both try to shot him and it doesn't work. Then Finn takes out the saber, and it is on like Donkey Kong. :cool:

Han Drolo and Satipo like this.
  9. Gabriel Tossan

Nov 17, 2015

10. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Would certainly be different and in my opinion more exciting story. Then the ever end family destiny stuff.

11. That Real Hope

That Real Hope Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 14, 2015

That would actually be pretty cool. If he's on the hunt for those knights of Ren throughout the next two films armed with his GOLD lightsaber.

I want that Gold....if Finn won't have it, I will

Satipo likes this.
  12. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah I hope it Gold too. Although I have a hunch it will stay blue. While Rey's green.

13. Gabriel Tossan

Nov 17, 2015

Yeah, Thats Where they can shake up things and do diferent things!

14. Vehgah

May 8, 2014
    I'm interested in seeing how that scene plays out.

15. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think she's an old pirate with force powers that was simply never identified by (or interested in) the Jedi Order. I love this possibility as it really expands the universe. In a galaxy with millions of inhabited planets, anomalies like Maz must exist.

Plus, it's fresh. And opens the gates for some cool pirate stuff. Finn the Force Pirate.

Man, I hope this happens.

16. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014

I think your right. If you watch closely in this picture, you can see that Finn is also carrying a blaster in his right hand (and Anakin's lightsaber in one of his jacket straps):

[​IMG]

17. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    She had to learn the ways of the Force from somewhere. She has knowledge that you don't just pick up, no matter the age. She was alive during the time of the Jedi.

18. FN-2187

FN-2187 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2015
    Ok, we'll compromise, gold saber with a black hilt, and the Cad Bane hat has to be black, I'll make no concessions on that.

19. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Possible. But it's also possible she was very strong in the force, and simply taught herself to harness that power (but not in the controlled manner of the Jedi). This may be why she allegedly needs to contain the power in her eyes. Perhaps, because she was never instructed in the Jedi way (or only instructed for a short period), she unleashed something that's barely controllable. An elemental force power bubbling inside her and threatening to burst.

Who knows? Whatever happens, I'm thrilled by the storytelling possibilities of untrained force sensitives who chart a different, and perhaps more aggressive path, than the Jedi. But who do not succumb to the dark side.

Pragmatist Jedi, basically. Fighting for freedom, but using means the Jedi would never consider.

20. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Honestly, I can't wait untill the spring next year. Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to this Dec,but info on episode 8 next spring will give us a better picture on what happens to Finn after the big battle.

jjgriffin and Elegant Weapon like this.
  21. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    like use common sense? I mean maybe the Pirate Jedi would have been smart enough not to send attractive young man who is not allowed to have relationships alone with gorgeous young woman alone on the most romantic planet in the galaxy.

22. Amdrag

Aug 26, 2008
    If this is true, how can she train Finn?

23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    New coloured sabers would be great.

24. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    True,but if we go by Episode 8 cast info. Finn appearntly has a relationship with someone or is friends with a certain lady. Since she read lines with him.. Of course they could just be friends with benfits. You go Jedi pirate! Get your groove on. lol

Agree would be bad ass to see. Finn with a golden lightsaber kicking butt. Hope Boyega gets his wish.

25. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    Simple. She's 1,000 years old, and she's mastered her own art, in her own way. She'll teach that to Finn.

Han Drolo and Flapjack4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.