main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII [v 2.0 Read Opening Post BEFORE Posting]

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Merkurian , Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The post of yours that I have edited above. I'm sure you know what you wrote and it's not appropriate. Even if it was a joke.

2. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    And cauterizing just means the blood flow has stopped. A "cauterized" spine isn't a healed spine.... That would mean the upper end is sealed off from the lower end.

3. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    It most definitely was not a joke. I suppose felt like I was being attacked, would be another synonym. But it was certainly not a joke.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If you feel like you're being attacked there are much better ways to handle it. It's what we have the report function for. What you wrote is not the way to handle it.

5. Tharionn

Tharionn Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2015
    Fair enough, I didn't realize that word was out of context.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

6. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    ya but again at this point we have no idea what part of his back was hit. I would imagine he would need some internal work done but I don't forsee any external mechanics

7. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Might Star Wars see its first handicapped character?

Time will tell...

8. Elegant Weapon

Elegant Weapon Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2015
    It would be cool to see Finn healing in a Bacta Tank, like Luke in ESB.

Obiwan10 and MeBeJedi like this.
  9. FN-2187

FN-2187 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2015

[​IMG]

10. Gyasi Mandara

Gyasi Mandara Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    I think John has answered that already.

[​IMG]

Marshall132 and Obiwan10 like this.
  11. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    I meant main character. :p
    Maybe just his legs are disabled? :D

12. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Just as long as he's not Force sensitive. The paralyzed Everyman. I absolutely love it, this is what I got into Star Wars for as a kid. =D=

13. FN-2187

FN-2187 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 6, 2015
    Ah Yes, the ever relatable, totally normal paralyzed Everyman Finn. Truly the character we would all be if we were ever in Star Wars.

14. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    It's funny. The only people being genuinely reductive of virtually every aspect of Finn's current and potential characterisation are those who are outraged by the thought that his character may be treated disrespectfully.

Here's a thought experiment. What if Finn were to be paralysed? And to still continue to play a central role, perhaps a greater role, in the story? What's your problem with that? Because if it's about representation, I can assure you that there are thousands upon thousands of kids in wheelchairs who would be very pleased to be represented in action cinema by someone other than Professor X.

I seriously doubt he will be paralysed, but I think there's no reason to write your own narrow path along which he can progress, which if strayed from will result in disappointment. The writers do have the right to do things they consider interesting.

Also, it'd be maybe illuminating to avoid using terms like "Everyman" as if they are a character class in an RPG. Being described as an Everyman, and applying it to someone can mean anything from "this character fits into the Everyman trope completely" to "this guy is likeable and a lead actor"; what it isn't, is a synonym for mediocrity, and a role out of which a character can't or shouldn't grow.

15. Beardwalker

Beardwalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    figured I would jump in here to start a dance party before things go south
    [​IMG]

16. pupuce

pupuce Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 10, 2016
    I don't think Finn will be paralysed or have cybernatic spine etc. He 'll have a scar that's all he 'll get.

what' s interesting, is Finn, is the complete opposite of Kylo ren. He was raised by the FO ( they learn to have no pity, to not care, to kill without questions , to be war machine ) he was raised by the " darkness " , while Ben was raised by the light ( in a free and at peace country with parents )

and they both choose the opposite path from where they are been raised into.

Ben chose the darkness, became kylo ren.
    FN2187 Chose the light, became Finn

and they both changed their name in the process.

It' s a matter of choice. The force is there to guide you. But i don't think the force is able to choose for you and take away your free will. The force is trying to pull the light into kylo ren, but he is choosing darkness; it's what he wants.

The force helped Finn in jakku showing the light of a future to Finn. He chose to not kill villagers, he chose to run away. And For Rey, he chose to not Run anymore, to go save her, to protect her.

When Kylo ren 's choice for Rey, will be to destroy her spirit, to make her his puppet, to use her, until he doesn't need her anymore and yes he may used of that puppy face to get it (so far it failed ) he may used the pull of light too , to succeed to trick her.

But the movie established, that Kylo ren , will always find his nemesis on the road : Finn. Because Finn will protect Rey and whatever she needs to accomplish for the galaxy. He 'll be his guardian.

I wrote that in another thread and I guess now , I can add that Finn will still mirror Kylo ren, both will have a scar.

17. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    My guess is that Finn will have some sort of cool cybernetic spine repair done, but that it'll be shown once and never mentioned again. The injury was to take him out of that fight with zero chance of him getting up, not to be a life changing, debilitating injury with significant sorry impact in future films.

18. Gyasi Mandara

Dec 25, 2015
    Oh god its getting worse. First it was he couldn't be Jedi or force sensitive, then his role was the everyman, then he was only 'blaster guy', and now we should entertain the idea of him bulking up an taking sword classes just so he could be in a wheelchair. I won't be surprised if people start asking for him to be castrated next.

Blastaar and Nanosoft like this.
  19. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    What is it exactly that's getting "worse"? What is it that Finn represents to you that is at risk of being undermined?

20. Gyasi Mandara

Dec 25, 2015
    [​IMG]

21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    yes, I'm fully aware you're talking from a racial perspective. But what is your point?

22. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    I think that's just a reaction meme, lol.

23. MeBeJedi

May 30, 2002
    Oh, I don't, either. Just playing around. That said, I've probably started a new internet rumor that will soon end up on Buzzkill. My 15 minutes of fame. :D

Excellent points!

Obiwan10 likes this.
  24. Gyasi Mandara

Dec 25, 2015
    How in any why did i talk in a racial perspective? please explain.

afrojedi and Elegant Weapon like this.
  25. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Because Paralysis obviously has it's racial connotations. Step your game up Gyasi.

afrojedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.