main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I am now of the camp that Maisie Richardson-Sellers is Lando's daughter.

Finn is just a defecting stormtrooper who shall fall in love with Rey and make love to her in one of the Falcon's turret seats.

Rebel_Loyaltist

Rebel_Loyaltist likes this.
  2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Imagine his romance with muthbr....I mean Rey expressed only...in....stares

TheBBP and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  3. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    It's true. I have seen the concept art.

4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014

[face_plain]

5. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    That was taken without permission from Rey's cell phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flapjack4 likes this.
  6. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Finn Solo. Yeah, it has a nice ring to it. I've got it! Finn and Rey are twins! Leia had a one-night-stand affair with Lando, then she made love to Han the next day and all this while she was ovulating two eggs at the same time (it runs in the family), and voila! Pregnant by two different men at the same time! After all, twins are a big motif in the Star Wars saga.

And before anybody lambasts me for being ridiculous, yes, I am kidding. Although twins with different fathers is an actual thing that happens sometimes.

As far as Finn being a Calrissian, the hardest part for me is explaining why the son of a famous Rebel hero would end up being a stormtrooper. But as Darth Chiznuk says, Finn could be acting as a spy. And if Finn already knows Daisy's character, then finding out she is a target in the raid would give him an excellent motive to defect.

Regarding skin color, I think fans place way too much importance on physical resemblance. TPTB were likely far more concerned with finding an actor with a lot of talent and screen presence to play this leading role, as opposed to finding someone whose skin tone matches Billy Dee's.

7. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Leia & Lando have a OST really this is just going to destroy the whole marriage between the solos Finn is neither a Calrissian or a Solo just a empty shelled stormtrooper looking for purpose in a galaxy still at war Daisy/Rey will be a Solo period.

8. boyeganotlead

boyeganotlead Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2014
  9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Ignore and move along.

TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  10. boyeganotlead

Dec 19, 2014
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
  12. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Why does Finn have to be the offspring of ANY of the classic OT characters? Can't he be an all new character? Jeez... [face_sigh]

Jedi Merkurian , Yanksfan and Krueger like this.
  13. boyeganotlead

Dec 19, 2014
  14. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Just ignore him. He'll leave once he realizes he's late for his Klan meeting.

my kind of scum likes this.
  15. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Hope you are banned soon.

16. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes let us Banish Him Back to 4Chan and the Stormfront Boards.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  18. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol i like it style points.

19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Aww…my post has gone. I got two likes for that. Do they still count? :p

20. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Make that 2 yep check your stats.

Krueger likes this.
  21. double o

double o Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2014
    Comparing this thread to the other new faces, and in terms of number of people banned, it's not even close.

The Boyega thread is the undisputed champ, which by default means that Boyega is the most controversial addition to the GFFA.

Myself, I'm willing to give him a chance, but at the same time, I also understand why some folks have misgivings about him and his ability to lead in a film of this magnitude.

Time will tell which camp - the boyega haters, or his fans - will be proven right or wrong.

22. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

You may be trying your best to come across as reasonable but I must say you are a bit full of it yourself with your remarks. If Boyega is controversial it is only because of the small minds of others who don't like "change." Boyega's talent has nothing to do with it. If far more people have to be deleted from this thread that is likely more a reflection of intolerance than it is of legitimate concerns of Boyega's ability.

I'll ask you this.....if people had their misgivings about Ridley being a lead in a film "of this magnitude" would you also be as understanding of their trepidation? I tend to doubt it. Whatever negative feedback Boyega is getting from brave internet trolls even before they see VII says more about them than it does him.

23. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014
    Only if the woman Lando conceived her with also has light skin (including being white). But it is also possible for someone of Lando's complexion to also produce a child of Boyega's complexion if the woman he mated with is of a darker hue. This isn't rocket science, folks.

Anyway the whole Lando's son angle would still be a stupid idea regardless. Finn's bloodlines should not be tied to any of the principal characters from the OT.

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

[face_rofl]

Most of this 'what makes the grass green' is based on a few seconds of him popping up in a few frames of a damned TEASER. It's STAR WARS, not 'The Ten Commandments' - 2014 Remake.

Poor John, I hope he understands that 99% of Star Wars fans are not 'feminine intimate cleansing fluid' bags.

25. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014
    Anyway....I only stopped in to see if people have heard about the latest edition of Entertainment Weekly. It is the 2015 Preview Issue and "The Force Awakens" is give the royal spotlight treatment for the movies of 2015. There's a four-page spread devoted to the film (with some great original artwork to boot). One of the four pages is devoted to Boyega, Not sure if this news had already been posted elsewhere so I thought I'd share.

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.