main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    sorry but do you see how silly that sounds

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Poe (Dameron's) Law.

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    All day? Jeez, find something else to do with your time. It's not like it's a job or someth oh hang on ;)

4. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah I think 'convinced' is entirely the wrong word there. I mean, I'll be 'convinced' about a characters details when official info is released. Or failing that, when I sit down and actually watch the film. For example, I'm entirely 'convinced' there are characters named Finn, Rey, Kylo Ren and Poe Dameron. However, I am not going to base preconceived notions on these characters on baseless rumours. And also I might add, 'leaked' concept art that may or not end up have been used anyway. And yes, the trailer cemented the fact that some were true I know, but it was nothing at all relating to the actual nature of the characters. I mean, I'm still not convinced Rey is a Skywalker/Solo. Just as I'm not convinced Finn is a Force sensitive and Adam Driver is Kylo Ren. But that's not to say I'm dismissive of these ideas. Not in the slightest. I'm keeping an entirely open mind.

5. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    im pretty convinced that Driver is Ren, and Daisy is going to be a jedi, but that's it.

TheBBP likes this.
  6. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Disregarding official info itself. The fact Daisy was seen at the Skellig shoot with Mark heavily leans in favour toward the idea that she's involved with the Force in some way. But who knows?..

JediMatteus and TheBBP like this.
  7. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    o_O

8. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

By all means, keep an open mind. And it's right to be skeptical of some of the leaks/leakers (4chan's Spoilerman/dude/bro come to mind). But if your response to every leak (no matter how well substantiated) is that we can only trust official information that comes from JJ and company, maybe you're better off in the No Spoilers Allowed section. The only things you trust (teasers, trailers, posters, and official announcements) are all fair game over there.

9. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Trying to get rid of me? Lol. I enjoy the speculation. Just concerns me when some begin to take rumour as fact. Didn't realise that was a crime ;)

Baron_Papanerd and EHT like this.
  10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah... "trust" is a pretty strong word. Trusting the official sources makes a lot more sense than trusting leaks, sources of rumors, etc.

JediMatteus and Jcuk like this.
  11. sterling3763

May 1, 2014
  12. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    True, but given JJs reputation, one has no idea what to believe...

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Not really sterling3763 when you take into account every 'leak' has been centred around certain characters, and yet there is literally nothing pertaining to others (Serkis, Gleeson, MVS, Fisher, Hamill, Ford) it isn't too long before you begin to believe that there's some sort of intended structure to what we're being fed. IMO.

14. JediMatteus

Sep 16, 2008
    Man of the leaks have been a joke, probably not worth trusting unless you have a reason to believe that the closer we get to the release date the more accurate the info is.

15. sterling3763

May 1, 2014
    Maybe we should take this to the thread i linked above (we've kind of left Finn behind), but there could be several reasons for what you've identified:
    • there are probably more leaks around Finn and Rey than other characters because they play the largest roles/are more central;
    • two of the more reliable leakers MSW and Devin Farci have both copped to withholding or sitting on information because they view it as too spoilery. That's their prerogative, but it plays a part in explaining why we haven't seen a lot of stuff from Acts II and III; and
    • there are lots of rumors about Hamill (disappeared decades ago, very powerful, saves day in a bad way), Ford (we have concepts of his TFA outfit, rumors that he's at the helm of a SSD and that Finn and Rey head to him after they leave the desert planet), and MVS (Rey's mentor on desert planet). Things are more skimpy about Gleeson and Serkis, but In the last few months, we also finally got some rumors about who they could be as well (Imperial and big-bad, respectively).
    There's no disputing that JJ has tried to keep as much as possible under wraps. To take a page from your book, I just haven't seen any evidence or any trustworthy source to suggest that he or those who work for him are deliberately engaging in an effort to mislead us.

Salacious Crumbs likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, let's steer this back on topic in here please.

starocean90 likes this.
  17. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Ok. The misleading impliance wasn't meant to be all encompassing. Only part of it. As we know, some of the concept we've seen came to fruition in the teaser. That makes you think, "well, some of this stuff is true. The teaser is testament to that" right? But then when you actually begin to thoughtfully perceive it with a logical mind? You haven't really been given anything with any true meat to it regarding plot, true character detail. Nothing. You've just been given enough. And that, I'm afraid, isn't coincidence. It can't be. Not, when the majority of everything else, is extremely vague. To say the least. To put it in lay men's terms, answer this for me. What do you 100% know to be true beyond the shadow of doubt about everything regarding TFA? Every pertinent characters details and arcs, plot..everything? Very little, i wager.

18. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    If this is all disinformation, great. I want to be at least slightly surprised when it comes to the new characters and Luke. But there's no denying I love reading all the great ideas and speculation that come from a new rumor. And if something is true, well that's fine too.

I love talking about characters and what they could or could not be anyway. I really enjoy a lot of the speculation about Finn and Poe on these boards and the talk about Rey has opened my mind a bit more about her character too.

Jcuk and nightangel like this.
  19. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Finn a Jedi doe, stay skeptical. [face_dancing]

TheBBP likes this.
  20. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I hope to see him atleast begin his Jedi training by the ene of this film.

21. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    If JJ seriously correlated "The Force Awakening" with Finn's first ever appearance and he's not force sensitive. I'll admit, that would be some funny ****.

Also I love the logic of some people around here. We have the same amount of rumors supporting the idea that Finn is Jedi/force sensitive just as much as Rey, but for some reason some people are dead sure about her status. To each his own of course , but come on now. Let's not pretend one form of rumor/speculation outweighs another.

I have yet to read anything to suggest either Finn or Rey aren't force sensitive, so yea, there's that.

sterling3763 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think it'd be interesting for sure if Finn is the apprentice Kylo Ren is after. We have this stormtrooper who appears completely normal to begin with but one who Kylo Ren is sure is the apprentice he's after. Finn denies knowing anything about it and gives the story that he's just a soldier who wanted to defect and the lightsaber was just something he thought he could make a buck on. But then after he gets to know Rey more and she's threatened by Kylo Ren he finally reveals that he is Luke's apprentice.

23. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Bruhh.

El_Machete12 likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    It would be rather whacked if we were all wrong about Finn and Rey being force sensitive in the first place. What it's only Ren and Poe? Just saying...:D

I wouldn't mind either way, I just want interesting characters, force sensitive or not.

Jcuk likes this.
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Just wait until the movie comes out. People are so attached to some ideas if they turn out to be different they will collapse. Finn has to be a Jedi, Rey a Solo, Plagueis the big baddie, Luke has to have a family... I would say half of this won´t end up in the movie.

The movie I had in my mind was different than what the rumors suggest right now, so I have chosen the easy route and I´m open to everything until the movie comes out. If when I see it it disappoints me I will unleash all my hate here at once. :cool:

Han Drolo, Darth Claire and Skaddix like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.