main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeFaRoSaRRe

NeFaRoSaRRe Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2014
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

And in other news Disney buys Lucasfilm.

Trebor Sabreon and hippie1kenobi like this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Pretty sure that was at the wrap party at the end of shooting last year.

4. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I can't see how you could guess that anyone is force-sensitive from the teaser trailer, except maybe Kylo Ren. He's seen with some kind of cross-guard lightsaber so he at least knows about the Force in some way.

Seeing Finn stand up suddenly, sweating profusely, could mean that a number of different things are causing him to freak out. He might simply be on the run from someone or something.

Trust me, I want to believe that Finn and Rey are Jedi or Force sensitive, but there's just no proof of that yet. Sure it's frustrating that this movie is veiled in secrecy, but it is what it is.

Victorian Time Traveler and Jcuk like this.
  5. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Or Finn could be hot just because he is in a dessert also. I also think he will eventually be force sensitive if not right away, then by the end of the movie. Same thing, almost exactly, for Ren. Even though we have seen a lightsaber used by a non force sensitive/jedi...Again, just my opinion this is...

6. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Its not about him standing up. Its about the line that is said when he pops up.

sterling3763 and Han Drolo like this.
  7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    it's obvious that Finn/Rey/Ren are force sensitive, I'm 100% sure they are (no doubt what so ever), it's whether the other characters are force sensitive or not that's the real question.;)

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well obviously others have to be we need lightsaber on lightsaber combat.

9. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    I love it when you say nice things@starocean90 [face_blush]

starocean90 likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    how insulting, I always say nice things.[face_devil]
    maybe I was joking and neither Finn nor Rey are force sensitive and they journey to try to find a way of becoming force sensitive (unlocking the mysteries of the force).[face_devil]

nightangel likes this.
  11. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

[face_devil]

13. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    lol is that sarcastic about being sure heh

You are pretty up on all the news, I notice that, but only one I'm kinda sure about is Ren.

Jcuk likes this.
  14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    starocean90 - you silly person you. Or perhaps you're force sensitive too since you're in the know about Finn and co.?

(Then you could tell me the winning lottery numbers)

Jcuk and nightangel like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, I can do that.

[​IMG]

16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    o_O
    If most people who think that there are only 1 new Jedi, would leave their bias at the door (I'm not talking about you) they would see a decent amount of hints pointing to both (they are there, not my problem if people refuse to look and I won't spell them out[face_devil] ).;)

and from a business point of view,[face_devil]
    by having a female being a Jedi, you are appealing to the female demography ($$$)
    and by having a male being a Jedi, you are appealing to the male demography ($$$)
    so by making both Jedis you are appealing to everybody, which will make you more $$$.[face_devil]

17. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    How does anyone know if Boyega or even Rey is a Force sensitive? All we know is Finn is a guy in a Storm Trooper outfit sweating in the desert. All we know about Rey is that she wears cool desert clothes and like to ride chocolate bar shaped speeders.

Does anyone have anything from Lucas Film that says otherwise?

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

The only official word from LFL is all that is on www.starwars.com .

People do have rumours and concept art unofficially from LFL however.

19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Just like Jon Snow, we pretty much know nothing about the new characters other than our speculations.
    And cause life *otherwise known as Disney* is cruel and doesn't give us news

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

LOL You just had to bring business into it didn't you? :p (Says she who is still waiting on Star Wars the Flamethrower...)

I get it and I understand there could be a variety of clues for the new cast as who may be force sensitive and who isn't. I can buy these characters being force sensitive no problem, Jedi, well not just yet (which usually means yes because I never get these things right... but that is part of the fun of speculation and clues etc.

I joke a lot here because I want to have fun with this new trilogy so sometimes I get silly. That said, I am certainly open to whatever might be with Finn, Rey and Poe in regards to Force sensitivity etc.

starocean90 likes this.
  21. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    LOL... why thank you very much :p (show off)

My force talents are:

Reading posts backwards and I know when someone will email, call or when a coworker runs out of scotch tape (and I never check their roll).Tis the life of working in Jedi administration.

I hope Finn and the Ep. VII folks can own my abilities with the flick of a wrist or lightsaber...

Revanfan1 likes this.
  22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    well my program of study is 1/3 Mathematics, 1/3 Statistics and Probability and 1/3 Business all mixed up together.[face_devil]
    but I usually avoid talking about business (when I do it's usually general stuff never in details, as I'm here to have fun and discuss SW. You do realize you are talking to somebody who the majority of his posts are jokes/satire, so there's nothing wrong with being silly. I still believe that both Finn/Rey are force sensitive, the evidence is there.;)

Han Drolo likes this.
  23. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Finlay some sense this evening lol

Disney will do anything for money.........

starocean90 likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Yes, Disney will do anything for money, I just hope they are taking care with Star Wars. Marvel already had the MCU in place before Disney took them over.

But the choices in casting feel sound so I expect they'll see a nice return and so will we.

starocean90 > I know you joke a lot (I appreciate that coming from so many fandoms where everyone is so blasted serious), bless your mathematical brain.

So getting back on topic here, any new Finn rumors or speculation? If Rey is getting a young readers series, I hope Finn does too. If he's coming from the Empire perspective and defecting that could be a somewhat fresh slant to those young readers books (so many Jedi...)

TheBBP and starocean90 like this.
  25. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    One thing I love about the new rumor is that a Poe and Finn bromance seems to kick off the adventure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.