main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

The problem with that is I doubt the bad guys will show the same restraint with spreading their force powers about. I mean assuming we dont have a bunch of Order 66 Survivors about. All the Sith would have to do is kill Luke or wait for him to die before rolling over the Galaxy with their force powers against minimum to no opposition.

Jobertus likes this.
  2. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    That's why they brought Andy Serkis?

Darth Punk likes this.
  3. maximumcarnage

maximumcarnage Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2014
    PK Edit: completely inappropriate.

4. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I wonder what the arc for our new Jedi lead will be?

Lurknomore likes this.
  5. Ichthyocentaur

Ichthyocentaur Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    You're loading that speculation with a lot of seemingly EU-rooted assumptions that don't hold water in this brave new world where the entire EU is expendable.

Force powers and users were a rarity in the mostly blaster-centric world of the OT, and I'm thinking JJ is in no rush to turn Star Wars back into a high fantasy setting.

6. Ichthyocentaur

Apr 25, 2014

What exactly is unattractive about him? And why does a character need to be attractive to be a good casting choice?

[​IMG]

Your proclamation that you know how to cast a film better than professionals and your rush to label him an "affirmative action choice" looks and quacks like racial bias, to be frank.

TheLastHaterOfZero and Boba Geek like this.
  7. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Not going to signal any out,but I have notice some racial overtones since he was annouced as the possible main lead. People quick to dismissed it in the fandom,placing him in the Mace Windu role and hoping he died in the first movie,etc.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

Wow, I didn't know Donald Sterling joined the forums. Must be looking for something to do after being banned for life. ;)

9. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Yeah! they did it in the OT! The ST will be ruined forever!!!!!!:p

10. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012

Lol that aint even subtle. Funny how its always an affirmative action choice, I guess the best actor got the job never applies when someone besides a white male gets the role.

11. maximumcarnage

maximumcarnage Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2014
    MODified: blah blah blah

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's only your opinion he can't act, presumably based off one film you didn't like much.

13. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
  14. Kombrink

Kombrink Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2014
    Maybe because during auditions JJ or whoever thought he was the best person for a certain role. Ever think about that?

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I dont know maybe JJ, Disney and crew thought he was the best actor for the job. Besides statistically affirmative action has been proven to have benefited white women the most. Ignoring the fact that I don't think 40 years of affirmative action makes up for 400+ years of blatant violent racism and discrimination. I mean you can say you dont like an actor but I am sorry what credentials do u have which make u qualified to determine who is fit to get a major role in Star Wars?

I mean come on we got one actress who basically has no major roles. We got another who is most famous for harassing Yuppies and being a douche. Does that scream Sith Lord to u?

16. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    MOD Warning: Enough. Next one to bring up race as an issue with casting will be banned.

17. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    A Mace Windu descendant???

18. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

C'mon man. Seriously?

19. Ichthyocentaur

Apr 25, 2014

If the last several hours are any indication, this should probably be a board rule

20. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I really hope the lead is a Skywalker. If he's Luke's son, I'm going to assume he's adopted if Luke never married. I don't really like the idea of there not being a biological Skywalker, but it would keep in line with George's comments about Luke never marrying. I'm still thinking Gleeson will be Luke's son and the main lead though.

21. Ichthyocentaur

Apr 25, 2014
    I'm hopeful that Luke will return the Jedi to the celibacy and monasticism of olde. It's the warmaking and lovemaking that got them into trouble in the PT, after all.

22. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Uh what??? No.

Luke's attachment to his father brought him back to the light. The old PT Order was part of the problem. See TCW.

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    *re-classifying as Speculation

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    What? Of course Harrison (and probably Fisher) will be billed ahead of Hamill.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anyone think there will be romance between Boyega's character and Ridley's character?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.