main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    What Clues are those? I'd like to read them.

2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Be my guest. You know how to use the Search Function I take it?

3. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Concession accepted.

mykillmyers likes this.
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Oh please...what are you? 12?

5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Crazy, I think you're the last person to accuse someone of not acting their age.

6. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    No. Are you prejudice against defecting Stormtroopers?

Corellian Scoundrel likes this.
  7. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Glad to see this thread going so well.
    [​IMG]

8. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

You shut up!! I challenge you with this battle axe to fight over this bridge of lava.

Satipo likes this.
  9. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Exactly what I said in the other thread :(

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm suprised there aren't people here trying to find out what Finn is saying in that gif because he is clearly saying something

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

"Whoo wahnh wee ahhh"

Actually I think it is "Hey Rey why do you have such abnormally large teeth?"

No wonder she needs the lightsaber. Can't remove the plaque buildup any other way.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    "Damn You BB-8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":p

13. Corellian Scoundrel

Corellian Scoundrel Jedi Knight

Mar 22, 2014
    They either "think" he's a non force sensitive grunt or for whatever reason just "want" him to be one. :)

14. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    I'd like to break down in an extensive and impractically obsessive way why Finn is more than likely a force sensitive.

1. Of all the series (clone wars and rebels included), there has never been a time where only one main character is force sensitive.
    2. Writing only one Force sensitive without giving her a peer messes up the function of the Han Solo type character. You got the legacy Jedi, a hot shot fighter pilot, and then the former stormtrooper that used to shoot blasters and still does? That doesn't flow. If two guys are out of the loop how does that help with group chemistry? One of the criticisms of the PT I hear is that there's no Solo type character to help the world be more believable by pointing out how ridiculous it is. Well the opposite of that criticism would be true if there are too many Han Solos. If everyone is pointing out how strange things are how are we supposed to take anything seriously? Finn being force sensitive along with Rey would shake things up. . .a former Stormtrooper who's meant to be a Jedi? Tell me how that doesn't sound more interesting than a former stormtrooper there just to crack wise and shoot things.
    3. It gives Finn a purpose instead of just being the defecting ST with information. When that info is gone what can he bring to the table? If the force is strong with him he can give Luke another potential student in an defunct order that badly needs them. If he's not then his skills are depleted.
    4. What type of character can survive against a Sith in a lightsaber fight without the force being with him?
    5. Why give the first new lightsaber duel we've seen in 10 years to a non-force user?
    6. His look is an allusion to Luke's at the end of ANH. Take it for what it's worth.
    7. Teaser trailer 1. Why make the first image in 10 years of a new SW character be adjacent to the word "Force" just to later leave that association as coincidence. See 5.
    8. Someone needs to start at 0. Rey, if rumors are true, seems to already have some force knowledge. Finn is a blank slate much like Luke was. Both had a theoretical knowledge but are longing in experience.
    9. Early Variety reports and rumors of his Jediness long before the first teaser
    10. Former soldier turned Jedi would be a great mediator between Rey and Poe. Just saying.
    If there are more feel free to add some. I've gotten lazy.

Han Drolo, Skaddix, Killua and 2 others like this.
  15. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    "here just take this thing....sexy desert badass girl."......

"Bleep it...Im out"

Corellian Scoundrel likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    "Oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!! Ahhhh!!!"

17. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    "I'm wearing the wrong shoes for this!"

18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Tell 'em John! =D=

19. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  20. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    [​IMG]

21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ [face_laugh] Dang where was that gif when I beat starocean at posting something?!?

2) Sigh... John's photo of the Ground Zero memorial it's beautiful but so powerful.

3) And Finn to Rey dialog running in the desert:

"It's not my fault!"

22. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014

It would make sense idd. John said Finn was in incredible danger at the start of the movie and the way he reacts to that danger launches him into the Star Wars universe. If Finn defects because of second thoughts he's not really in danger before he defects. Same scenario as in him stealing the saber/vital information, he's not really in danger before he steals it.

My guess is, something happens at the village raid that awakens his force-sensitivity. Kylo senses it but doesn't know who it is. Kylo is hellbound in finding this force-user whithin his ranks after the village raid, and in a desperate attempt to save himself Finn escapes with the aid of Poe.
    In Star Wars rebels we saw that the Empire used special methods for detecting force-sensitives, and as i recall the sister of Zare Leonis was taken away because of this.

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Good spot there!! That´s the closest thing to an official confirmation IMO. It was not a deal breaker for me but I´m sure Finn will be a great character even more now.

It´s gonna be interesting to see how the handle it. And how both Rey and Finn move forward.

I am happy for some of the fans here, surely you will sleep better tonight guys!

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    What we know so far, first Finn gets the 'Bespin' lightsaber handed by Leia (as an advice of Rose), he keeps it for most of the movie until he needs to be saved by Rey. She then keeps it and brings it back to Luke, so Finn stays without a lightsaber at the end. There is also no scene with Rose as far as I remember, in which it seems that he starts his training. We even don't know if Rose is a Jedi at all. This is a quite strange symbolic solution for someone who is destined to be a Jedi. [face_dunno]

25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I blame the lack of details. With what we know, based on the MSW info, you cannot say for certain if he is Force sensitive. But if trusted sites like SWU say he is, that´s because they have the details we lack. MSw said something about Rose special powers, which can very well show on screen she is a Jedi. And during the final scenes, Rey can say goodbye to Finn and wish him luck with Rose and the training.

nightangel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.