main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I think we should wait and see the circumstances surrounding this scene.

Kylo will be a monster but Vader was no angel either. It doesn't mean that I think Kylo will be redeemed, but I would not say that redemption is off the table.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am perfectly okay if Kylo is not redeemed. If Rey goes milky way darkside, okay, but to have one of the siblings (if they are indeed that) remain a baddie works fine for me.

And if Finn has something do to with that redemption (as Rey helped him, so Finn helps her), works for me.

3. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Yeah I would like to see that kind of arc. Rey joining up with Kylo, leaving it up to Finn to redeem her so that they can destroy Kylo and Uber. But I think for that to be done well, Kylo needs to put her under some sort of moral dilemma that forces her into it.

4. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
    Thinking about it, and looking at the concept art that was at Celebration, maybe Finn is the Luke Skywalker of the movie and Rey is the Han Solo (and not related to him, just the Han Solo character).

Finn seems to be the naive one. And Rey seems to be able to handle herself.

And MSW are Rey-centric because they want her to be a Solo or Skywalker, and they have been upfront about it (and this is in regards to the Rey and Leia scene)...
    ...so they view everything through that lens. And that's fine. But it is what it is. And they want to say that she is, but they just don't have anything, or enough, to back it up yet. And they've said as much.

Anyway, Rey has the Han Solo blaster in the concept art, and Finn has the Luke jacket and the lightsaber. And Rose said the lightsaber goes to Finn, and MSW just speculated that that really means that it goes to Rey because that's what they want to see.

So as others have obviously pointed out that concept art may indeed point in a direction. Because if it was the reverse, and Finn had the Han Solo blaster and Rey the Luke jacket and lightsaber, then it would have been a wrap to a lot of people. :cool:

Either way, we shall see. And either the concept art is a misdirection, and Finn goes with the Han Solo blaster and Rey the Luke Jacket and lightsaber.

Or it's exactly what we see in the concept art, Finn is Luke and Rey is Han Solo.

And if so, wouldn't that be a flip. Or not, because that's what it was always supposed to be anyway. And I guess it's hard to argue that it's old and things have changed, or it doesn't mean anything. It was at Celebration.

Momotaros and cbsnswf2390 like this.
  5. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Agree with you on MSW love for Rey. Even when thier a possible hint Finn could be more then Rey's Morgan Freeman from Driving Miss Daisy. He tries very hard to squash any hope. lol According to the top thread Finn is basicly a human droid or Jar Jar Binks that Rey has to save because he's hopeless. Also find it odd everyone of his article is about Rey. Finn,Poe and other character seem to be none important when it comes to Rey devolpement. Also before I get hate mail. Not knocking MSW sources he seems to get a lot of scoops. Just buged about every leak he gets is spin to be about Rey. lol I mean if what he speculate it true. Seems the whole movie is Rey and everyone else just thier for the ride. Which is a shame,because I really like the other leads to be more then cannon folder for her charater.

cbsnswf2390 likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I listened to RFR podcast and the only interesting Finn bit was about his clothes. They guys of the podcast were at Celebration where they could closely see Finn´s pants. Apparently they are almost like trousers. Very much in Han Solo style (not sure if you knew Han wore jeans in the OT, with the yellow markings attached). This made me think if Rose ends up training Finn, he might keep that casual look vs the look Rey and the OT Jedis have, more formal. I could see Lucasfilm trying to make Finn the Han Solo Jedi or something like that. Could be a nice contrast to Rey.

Regarding MSW critics, I find it funny that is always a Boyega fan the one who critisize MSW. He might have his own preferences, but I think he bases them in the arc of each character. Why is that worse that what some of you prefer? Some of the ones that keep questioning MSW were wanting Boyega to be the absolute lead of the trilogy way before we knew nothing about his actual role. I find that way more partial than MSW´s opinions, that at least might be based on each character arc.

7. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    That's if he even gets trained as one. I mean so far other then the snow planet scene with the lightsaber. Which according to MSW he throws or hands to Rey. Nothing so far as said he going to be a Jedi.

P.S. Yes, I know SWU said he force sensitive,but so was Leia. She never became a Jedi.

8. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    So, you have two young Force sensitives, two old masters. One goes to train with Luke, and the other stays with the second master. But they remain there, talking about the weather? We will never see Leia as a Jedi because this trilogy comes when she is almot 60. Would the ST had come in the 90s and it would probalby have been a different story.

9. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Are we sure he stays with Rose? I mean he is in a medical bay at the end. Who knows what he doing in episode 8.

10. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Are we sure Rey stays with Luke? There is no reason to believe otherwise IMO. As I have said, it´s the logical way for things to move on. I believe once it seems pretty clear Finn is Force sensitive, they are not going to waste that.

11. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Luke is getting on a bit but how old is ROSE exactly? Remember 'she' started as two separate characters of the same species, one old and probably male the other younger and probably female. If my theory regarding the code names is correct and Rey and ROSE are Snow White and Rose Red then they would be more or less the same age. ROSE does not have to be ancient to do the things she does, she may just have a special Force leaning towards 'visions'.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  12. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    A crappy pic of Finn has leaked. He is holding what looks like a weird blaster or something:

[​IMG]

13. Killua

Killua Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2015
    Making Finn force sensitive just for the sake of it and not have him progressing to Jedi would be poor from JJ et al. It would practically kill any meaningful character development not to mention make him a bit of a dud character.

14. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    HanSolo29 brought up a good point. that doesn't look like chewie. is it another wookiee? chewie's kid?

15. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Am not sure who is going to be the main lead of the movie - that is still up in the air. But I would bank on Boyega been the male lead. You are not telling me the male lead in a star wars film is not going to be force sensitive? Nah I just can't see it, he will become a jedi.

cbsnswf2390 likes this.
  16. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Broken image. Link?

17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    At least we know that he can aim now. Now we have to find out if he can shoot and hit targets! :D

18. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ofmhouk39ktvila/AACRaRdrdwiMUSobpkHLzRTba?dl=0#/

Garden stuff - The blue table thing

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

The OT had three leads, only one was 'useful' with the Force.

20. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000

It's a NERF gun...

...friendly fire will be not so catastrophic with that.

21. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Jeezz guys, please don´t requote the same post with the original pic.

22. 100009223693258

100009223693258 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 20, 2015
  23. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    That's some seriously low-quality merchandise. Who buys that stuff?

24. turnip white

Dec 3, 2014
    I guess parents who are doing a child's birthday on the cheap? [face_dunno] I know I wont be buying any of them

25. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    After Star Wars celebration i really liked him! I hope his character is good, Jedi i hope :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.