main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    John needs to start doing some voice work. His voice is sublime.

3. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

does this mean we should ban everyone who's ever accused me of being under the influence while posting. [face_coffee]

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It was a simple post edit... move along.

Han Drolo likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Skywalked and nightangel like this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    meaning what?

7. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Finn doesn't have Spiderman bedsheets. And he never uses the expression "fam". Not even to Rey.

8. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Forgot to comment about Finn's stellar moment in the last mini video. I was on vacation when I saw it. He really looks amazing on the teaser. And really pissed. If I had to make a comparission, I would say Finn looks a lot like Luke in ESB.

Oh, and a wild guess: Finn's robotic hand will be red-ish!

Skywalked likes this.
  9. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    People want Finn to be hardcore doing it for the block fam
    Not gonna be the case

Funbox likes this.
  10. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

The cool thing about all this social media is how 30 or so years from now when they are doing retrospectives of TFA and the new trilogy (as possibly another new SW saga is about to reach the screens) fans and co-stars can will have such an abundance of accessible material to pull from. Material that is not just behind the scenes footage or old articles and old photoshoots, but actual glimpses of a day-in-the-life during filming or between film shoots. Can you imagine if we could watch video of Mark, Carrie, Harrison, etc. greeting each other or fooling around with one another on a plane about 40 years ago as they were headed somewhere for something Star Wars related? How cool would that be? I guess the bigger picture is that with the ease and availability of social media tools which we can carry with us anywhere, plenty of people will be able to relive an enormous amount of just random moments of their own lives. It won't be "remember when" when getting together with friends and family decades later; it will be let's upload that ancient Instagram account so we can revisit old times.

Skaddix, dekaneas and starocean90 like this.
  11. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Dang, that reminds me. 40 years from now there are going to be a lot of embarrassed folk.

12. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Their chemistry is so thick you could cut it with a meat cleaver.

dekaneas, Revanfan1, Skaddix and 2 others like this.
  13. Tatooine Twilight Twins

May 1, 2014

I recall a year ago G@briel Gr@y touting that chemistry in a tweet, Supposedly a source he had made a big deal about it.

Skaddix likes this.
  14. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Daisy said that was two weeks ago. Yet John has a low fade....Hmm.

Skywalked likes this.
  15. Bowery_Tuff

Bowery_Tuff Jedi Padawan star 1

May 9, 2015
    The chemistry is encouraging for how Finn and Rey will interact onscreen whether the relationship ends up being just friendship or romantic. I'm not too worried about chemistry with Oscar Isaac, because I'm just assuming everyone has an almost unhealthy crush on Poe Dameron.

dekaneas likes this.
  16. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Just saw that Instagram clip. Gosh! If those two don't fall in love, they better be SUPER close friends! Too adorable. :D

17. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    No doubt that they have chemistry to spare.

18. Bowery_Tuff

May 9, 2015
    dekaneas likes this.
  19. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Gina's 31 and Tatiana's 29. Could Boyega (23) be shipping an older lady? :p[face_blush]

20. Bowery_Tuff

May 9, 2015
    Of course, chemistry could be just about anything, but it's worth considering. I'm not putting much stock in this daughter of Han Solo thing just yet, but Tatiana as a charming, shoot-first rogue? Gives me the goosebumps. Honestly don't know much about the other two.

21. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    This is exactly how I feel about it as well, I feel kinda bad because I'm projecting my own image of it because I think Tatiana would be perfect for the role, but I hope she's a gruff non force sensitive hard as nails smuggler type of woman who takes after her Father.

As for her and Finn , I could definitely see some sparks because of her history with Han and similar familial feeling towards him after he was essentially Finn's father figure in TFA. At the very least we know Finn and Rey may have separate arcs during a good chunk of VIII. Which I'm honestly very excited about.

sterling3763 and Bowery_Tuff like this.
  22. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Agree with you both on almost all points. I'm pulling for Maslany as well, and hope she plays the Han Solo of this trilogy. But, I'm with BT on this one though. The three ladies up for this role do not all look alike. Not all of them could pass as Han and Leia's kid. So, I doubt this character, whoever she is, is a Solo.

23. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    It seems like there's has to be brief scene or some dialog that explains why Finn chooses to go with Maz and not stay with the Resistance (if that happens). I mean he's at their base recovering when the movie ends.

Han Drolo likes this.
  24. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    I was just gonna write about this today. We already know Rey kinda has her conclusion moment to her arc for TFA, where she puts the saber in Luke's hand at the Temple or whatever. What about Finn? I assume more is said in the little exchange between he and Rey before she says goodbye? Maybe he flat out tells her Maz is gonna train him?

Sgt. Carver likes this.
  25. Bowery_Tuff

May 9, 2015
    Has there been any word about Finn staying with one group or another? Or any word that Maz parts ways with the Resistance folks at the end? If she does split, I'd much prefer Finn go with her, than stay with the Resistance. I REALLY like the idea of him learning the ways of the Force from the Dread Pirate Yoda, if he is indeed Force sensitive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.