main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    One of the things I'm looking forward to about Finn is that he's a new character with an interesting background. If it turned out that he had skywalker blood then that would be really lame

2. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Ethnically, I mean.

3. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I must've missed this, but has Finn's character been linked to the Skywalker lineage? Really?? And just how would that be pulled off? Lol. ;)

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    he is not, he is just Han and Sana's kid, so a Solo. [face_mischief]

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    He doesn't look half black though

Jcuk likes this.
  6. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
  7. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Oh right. lol ;)

8. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

It can't but people will keep bringing it up on occasion and add their two cents. Discussions follow until we move on to something else. Someone mentioned something about SW being all fantasy-science fiction so realism doesn't matter all that much but in this case I disagree.

TheForceBay, Trebor Sabreon and Jcuk like this.
  9. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I've known several bi-racial people (black and white) that look completely black, to the point where I though their mother was actually a stepmom. Just because somebody doesn't "look" biracial, doesn't mean they aren't.

jjgriffin, KDC1972, Skywalked and 2 others like this.
  10. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm with you there. In actual fact I can't take it serious enough to form an opinion on it. Total rubbish

11. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014

As a black person myself who has known and grown up with a countless number of black folks from various backgrounds, I have to say this scenario is extremely rare.

12. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Your point is correct. But this is SW. It isn't a serious drama with a pertinent point to make on genetics and ethnicity. Just saying :)

13. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I think I remember reading that each subsequent child born to black parents, in some rare cases, will progressively have lighter skin than the last. Though I could have that wrong? As for a child born of a black parent coupled with a white one? That child will invariably be mixed race and have a light skin colour. John Boyega's parents are both Nigerian and are both black. Hence John is black. Expecting an audience to believe he is mixed race is quite frankly disrespectful to him, and also in a way saying you think your audience is stupid and will swallow anything :confused:

14. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Ive already shared my opinion on this previously , so I wont do it again as it's personal to me in nature. But this guy knows what he's talking about.

That said I don't think Finn is a Skywalker, I think he's just an Orphan who was coerced into joining The First Order at a very young and impressionable age. Give a starving kid food , comfort and a purpose and you can make them do anything. Child Soldiers in Africa come to mind.

15. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Good analogy. Indoctrination and brainwashing are a recipe best served on the young mind.

Han Drolo likes this.
  16. Killua

Killua Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2015
    I think it would be cooler if he wasn't coerced but rather joined willingly with high hopes of helping those that need it before he sees what really lies at the heart of The First Order.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    who's to say Luke did not adopt Finn or that Finn is part black??

TheForceBay and Skywalked like this.
  18. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Didn't Nasa, with the New Horizons spacecraft, discover Finn's species on Pluto and Charon last month?

So that would make him either Plutonian or Charonian correct?:-B

19. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Have people given up on trying to link Finn to this guy's family?:

[​IMG]

His lineage could have run parallel to Hux's.

20. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    Potato , Potato I say

Whether he was coerced into it or not is just my out of universe understanding that The First Order is not a particularly good bunch, maybe at the time to Finn they were seen as these heroic figures and he couldn't wait to join up with them, either way I doubt he just has a change of heart out of the blue and decides he can't go on any longer killing on command, then again maybe that is what happens I'm not trying to say it is or isn't definitively either way , but from my .point of view , whatever happens in the village changes his perspective about them as an Organization.

I don't buy that it's just because of his fallen Trooper brother either , because what kind of sense would that make if the death of his comrade is what shakes him to the core, only to spend the next 48 hours or so shooting and chopping down the rest with a Lightsaber?

Bowery_Tuff and D'an like this.
  21. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Thank you. This bothers me too. It's why I believe they established Zare Loenis's character: to show that not every member of the storm trooper academy is enthusiastically loyal.

TheForceBay and Han Drolo like this.
  22. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    BTW - I was just trying to break the tension with some outlandishness.

23. Han Drolo

Aug 9, 2014
    *Cringes*

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  24. Bowery_Tuff

Bowery_Tuff Jedi Padawan star 1

May 9, 2015

This is a very good point. The only way I could see it working is if they establish he and his comrade have been talking about abandoning the First Order because they just don't belong and his friend's death pushes him over the edge.

TheForceBay and Han Drolo like this.
  25. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Nope. It is kind of the only answer at this point in my opinion. Especially with Hux's ancestor appearing in a Rebels novel along with Zare. I am 99.9% positive

D'an likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.