main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Meh, john can be the lead.....dude seems like he's up for it...it'll probably be like an Obi-Wan and Anakin thing where they share the lead.

But I'm of the opinion that the Skywalkers Saga needs to end at 9......and for any other movies to take place either very far into the future or KOTOR era of the past and not have anything to do really with eps 1-9

I have no desire to see Disney milk the OT characters names beyond episode 9.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  2. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Agreed.

3. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    No, that is what YOU all care about. For the rest of us, it's not a big deal John is probably the main lead, regardless of his skin color.

Please cut the crap.

4. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    ChildOfWinds, where are you getting the thing about Han and Leia fans not wanting Luke to have a kid? Honestly, hand on heart I have never heard another Han and Leia say that. Seriously.

And wtf, we have yet another troll in John's thread now?

5. Corellian Scoundrel

Corellian Scoundrel Jedi Knight

Mar 22, 2014
    It's amazing how different the "vibe" of Daisy's thread is.....

Momotaros and DARTH_MUPPET like this.
  6. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    Pretty sure it's the same one.

Momotaros, Claire1976 and Satipo like this.
  7. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I've reported him anyway.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. Here is today's re-re-re-re-re-explanation: When the accounts are not coming from the same IP, they cannot be blocked. Luckily, he is a complete idiot and makes noticing his return easy.

9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  10. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    You're right I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry. But it does annoy me when I say that I want to follow a Skywalker into the future like Han and Leia fans can follow a Solo into the future that some folks bring up that Leia's kids are Skywalkers too. This has happened quite a few times,
    . One person even said that since some people want to see more Skywalkers, that Han and Leia should just have more kids. I thought that was a thoughtless, kind of "digging" comment.

See DUDE'S post in the if Luke has a kid, where's mom thread from this morning.

I like Han and Leia too. I'm glad that they likely have at least one kid. Is it so much to ask to want the same for Luke and for others who already have what they want, to hope for something good to happen for Luke and those who like the character too?

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I get what you're saying and I largely agree (at least in spirit). I'm on board with Boyega and Ridley as two of the three leads. Why not?

And yes, there are, unfortunately, racist and sexist a-holes out there who are only replying in threads like this as a means of spouting their ugliness and general ignorance.

But as you say, not everyone who would prefer Boyega or Ridley's character not be the lead of the ST are by default members of said hate groups. I cannot stress that point enough, and I think that it's important to remind folks of that before members with honest intentions find themselves unfairly lumped together with hateful beings in the rush to rightly give those hate-mongers what they have coming.

Think of my post as a way of sticking my hand up and gently reminding everyone "yep, we're here and we're not all racist or sexist jerks!"

It's all very simple, really:

Why do I want Luke to have a kid?

I've wondered for years how Luke would internalize his experiences with his father and how those experiences would, in turn, shape Luke as a father. Additionally, because Luke is my favorite character, there's the simple fact that I'd like to see him have a child whose adventures we can follow after Luke is gone.

Why a son?

Because I'm a big fan of the EU character Ben Skywalker, and because I'm a real sucker for the Skywalker father/son theme, I'd prefer that child be a son. There's also the benefit a male heir gives of assuring the name "Skywalker" lives on, but there are other ways of making that happen.

Why the main character?

Because I'd prefer the Skywalker Saga continue with the tradition of having a Skywalker in the lead role, I'd prefer the protagonist be either Luke's kid or Leia's kid, and because (as I noted earlier) Luke is my favorite, my sort of natural inclination is to see Luke's kid be the main focus.

Now, whatever anyone's opinions about these thoughts of mine, I would hope that anybody would be hard-pressed to interpret my preferences as being motivated by either racism or sexism. I honestly feel that incorporating more people of all backgrounds is a no-brainer and will be a strength for the franchise moving forward (and hopefully a delight for the fan base).

Hate-mongers need not apply.

12. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Confirmation from John that his dad will be in the movie:
    http://instagram.com/p/pRidD4GSTT/#

Luukeskywalker and Momotaros like this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    By his "dad" he clearly means Luke.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You see his reply when fans were asking yesterday if by "father" he means Lando or his real dad? I think I saw it on twitter.

You just know he's thinking "Oh my God, These people!."

Welcome to the craziest bunch of fans any franchise has ever known, John. :D

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I can sense the sarcasm within you, A Chorus of Disapproval festering just beneath...

Sorry, got a little sidetracked there. Boyega's follow ups confirm it's his actual dad, not Billy Dee or Mark Hamil. I'm guessing we're going to get him for just a few shots where he might not even say a word... Until Boyega's character gets orphaned as the first step in the hero journey. XD

16. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Not every day your dad gets to be in a movie with you. Happy Father's Day to them both.

Momotaros and Satipo like this.
  17. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    It`s their decision to make, isn`t it?

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He won't be replying.

Satipo likes this.
  19. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000

Yes, he will. But probably under a different name. :p

Claire1976 likes this.
  20. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Cool,Boyega must be thrilled that his dad will be joining him in the movie. I had no idea that his father could act,did anyone else know that?

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  21. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    The Luke's son thing is interesting because no body ever brings up him having a daughter or multiple children.

22. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    This thread seems more about him than abou John. Talk about making an impact... not that I encourage it! [face_blush]

But John`s father can`t have a bigger role than a cameo?

23. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Who knows. I didn't even know his father could act.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    We used to about a year ago, but it died down the more we heard about casting rumors.

T-R- and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  25. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    I was thinking a Sofia Coppola/ Kiera Knightley kind of role, that doesn`t require much acting.

Satipo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.