main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Its ok to disagree. I dont think George forced anything. I think he advocated for the best guy, who happened to be Boyega, to a bunch of suits with cold feet. I'm basing my opinion off a spoilerman rumor, which could turn out to be bull****. I'm trying to find it as we speak. I wasn't trying to derail the thread. Just saying that no matter what, Finn will be dope because Lucas wouldn't cosign anything else after what he's been through with Red Tails. Like it or not Lucas got major pushback from hollywood for portraying POC in the hero role. There are hour long talks of him going on and on about the hell he caught trying to get a movie financed featuring black heroic leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Finn clearly has skills whether it be from training or from a natural affinity with the weapon because of the Force. From the low lunge to his follow-up attacks, those are not the moves of someone doing this for the first time.

3. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    What if Finn doesn't have the force and manages to chop his own hand off during the battle with Kylo :eek:

4. Jedi MD

Jedi MD Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    You could have just stated you disagreed then, which is fine. Instead, you attacked me. You took my words and spun it into something negative then painted me as a troll which is messed up. It was my opinion based off of a rumor, just like 90% of the rest of the crap that gets posted here. Also, you got to be crazy if you don't think that Disney would rather a happy Lucas over a pissed off Lucas.

Edit: sorry thought you were TheBPP, but my point still stands, although not directed at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Are you being serious?

jjgriffin and thejeditraitor like this.
  6. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    What would you say the odds of this are? If you think it's very unlikely, then why pose the question?

If you think it is likely, why would Disney devote so much screen time to someone so oafish? And since they are a business, do you think such a portrayal for a co-lead or secondary lead would improve or harm sales of associated merchandise?

I see that you're posting from your phone, so maybe there's a mix-up. Where did I attack you? Or paint you as a troll? I just said that it's not unfair for people to have to cite their sources when making statements about what directors or creators did or didn't do.

And Disney would definitely rather a happy Lucas. I think they would also prefer a quiet Lucas. None of that has any bearing on whether Lucas has been involved in any creative decisions. Everything suggests that, for good or for ill, Lucas has NOT been involved in them for TFA. So spoilerman's statement about Lucas going to bat for Boyega doesn't ring true.

Even Boyega, who has talked a fair bit about the casting process, has only ever mentioned his interactions with JJ.

TheBBP likes this.
  7. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
  8. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014

Unless First Order Stormtroopers train with actual lightsabers, it doesn't make sense for him to attempt such a move (if he's not force-sensitive). The blade of a lightsaber is weightless unlike those tonfa sticks.

TheBBP likes this.
  9. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    It's one thing potentially being trained to use a stun batton type weapon, but using a lightsaber effectively without the force? It's just not happening and would massively cheapen the weapon if anyone can pick it up and be proficient with it.

10. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, I mostly lean toward Finn having a natural affinity with the blade due to a natural affinity with the Force.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I really hope so and the lightsaber has to stay as the mysterious Jedi weapon.

12. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

Enough. We are done with the derails on this thread. There have been so many that we're done. There will be a new discussion to take the place of this one, with some specific rules in place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.