main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    I'd argue that the movie went out of it's way to show that the saber didn't belong to Kylo Ren...but Finn was trusted with, despite lacking the training with the weapon that Kylo had.

He never had a chance to learn...that doesn't mean he can never pilot a ship.

Ummm it did show him as a quick study...and fully capable of rapidly grasping new things...so yeah...not seeing the issue here.

What's more important...a few skills he can learn later...or the ability to take a stand against injustice and cruelty even when it'd be easier to just give in?

i mean it's not like they gave it to leia or ben but they're not the hero, finn is. i'd just be upset if they ended up making him a skywalker for the sake of another red herring
    hat's more important...a few skills he can learn later...or the ability to take a stand against injustice and cruelty even when it'd be easier to just give in?

Finn being a Skywalker isn't likely...but could very easily be made to work...since I think Luke would be extremely proud of a son who stayed in the light despite being raised in darkness.

Troopa212 likes this.
  2. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    Or he could just, you know adopt the last name or be "gifted" it by Luke or Leia. I mean he did adopt the name Finn. Besides the lightsaber thing could mean absolutely nothing anyway as Rey could very well not be a Skywalker either and may not even be meant to stay in possession of the lightsaber anyway as the last shot of her on TFA is her extending it back to Luke. Not only that but the lightsaber didn't call to Luke either and he wasn't a bad-you-know-what in his for movie either and he, much like Finn, lost it in his first battle. Does that make him unworthy of the Skywalker name?

3. MrWiseGuy

MrWiseGuy Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2017
    I think what he meant was that Skywalkers are naturally good at flying. Like young Anakin, Luke and Rey(if she's a Skywalker). Finn can't. The movie went to a great extent.."This guy can't fly". So yeah...him being a Skywalker is out of question. As it is it's quite odd that a main SW lead can't even fly, given that flying in SW is equivalent to driving in our world.

Are we really going to see him take flying lessons? Idk.

4. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    John Boyega: “I wanted Finn to represent the human experience. Most of us, if we were in a Star Wars movie, we wouldn’t be the Skywalker – we would be the guy who is struggling and conflicted and didn’t necessarily know what to do with his future. But we always rise to the challenge.” (December 16, 2015)

5. BlurryUFOs

BlurryUFOs Jedi Master star 3

Sep 24, 2016
    ???
    being able to stand against injustice and cruelty isn't even a typical skywalker trait. i'm sure Luke will be proud of finn as leia was, but that's not really an argument for finn skywalker. stormtrooper children are tested for piloting potentiel, finn's not a pilot, sooo we can assume he has no innate skywalker ability in that respect. the scene where it shows he has no idea what tools are speaks loudly to me. sure he can learn, but it tells me that the writers meant to show that he isn't particarly skilled in that area.

i guess we could have an atypical skywalker but giving the hero skywalker's legacy away seems eh, especially the lightsaber. it's one thing for rey to take it away from kylo, i'm all for that actually, but not Finn who is good and worthy. this is the skywalker saga after all

i wouldn't even use that quote as evidence for my argument, I never take an actors or director's words at face value. lords of hidden meanings and half truths, the lot of them

6. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Okay, leaving aside the Skywalker issue since I've already made my stance on that clear...the idea that Finn is incapable of ever flying strikes me as weird. I currently can not fly a plane...but I could learn to if I so desired. Finn has been taught to do one thing his entire life...he's never been ALLOWED to learn anything like flying. So...what makes you think that he can not learn? For all we know, with a little instruction he might make a great pilot. That is the tragedy of Finn's background...he's never had a chance to find out what else he can do aside from shooting people.

oncafar and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    John responding to Mark's birthday shoutout. [face_laugh]=D=

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    "What is up guys, Mike Zeroh here once again with a brief Star Wars video..."

9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm okay with the events that are unfolding currently.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh]

That's great! John and Mark are so awesome together!

Revanfan1, B99, oncafar and 3 others like this.
  11. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wonder if they will get a scene together in VIII???[face_dunno]

12. Troopa212

Troopa212 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2016
    Hope so, it would be a waste if they don't.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    But there is always IX for it..!

14. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    there was this rumor that Luke & Finn end up the movie together. Maybe in case Rey is captured or willingly leaves with the bad guys. [face_dunno]

B99 likes this.
  15. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Well the two actors seem to get along, that implies some interaction so...plausible.

16. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    Someone made an excellent looking concept art/edit of Finn in FO disguise.

[​IMG]

17. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016

18. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    You know what...send that to John Boyega and Rian Johnson...if they have the time for Re-shoots....might be able to work it in.

...you know what would be fun. Let's say Kylo Ren get's Anakin's Saber from Rey...which is a part of her journey aiding in her realizing that what is important is what she builds and creates, not the legacy she is saddled with. However, Kylo Ren, flush from his victory returns just in time to See Finn dressed in the above outfit, leading an assault on an important FO facility...setting the organization back significantly.

To add an extra twist of the Knife along with a fun visual....let's say Finn stole Vader's Lightsaber from Kylo's personal collection (a weapon Kylo felt he was only now worthy of wielding after 'Defeating' Rey). So Kylo comes back...finds Finn (who used it on the Executioner) once again holding something he claims as his property. The two fight...with Finn using Vader's saber and Kylo using Anakin's. It could be a visually striking exchange...with a hero using the red blade and the villain using the blue one...both dressed in black. This time Finn uses Kylo's own arrogance (Since he 'beat' Rey) to stall the master of the Knights of Ren... perhaps again landing another strike to show the last time was not a fluke, before escaping unharmed...showing that (Force or not) Finn is growing more effective and dangerous to the FO and Snoke's plans.

Not likely to happen...but the visual is interesting.

19. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I suggest waiting until after the trailer to send it.

Open shareholders meeting notwithdstanding, don't send spoiler art to the cast, until those concepts are revealed publicly

20. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015
    Adept

that is one of the best ideas i've heard in this thread. i always imagined the big duel is with rey and luke vs kylo, but this is interesting. finn's mission could be going really well, and then kylo catches him. and imagine how mad finn is gonna be when he finds out what kylo did to rey. and then it all goes bad, finn survives kylo but now needs to get off this star destroyer. he barely completes the job, and this sets off the final battle of the film (poe crashing into x wing of this star destroyer or something). even though this wont happen anyway, this definitely makes finn's role in the film even more intense but idk how to integrate rey and luke back into the ending especially when i had a nice headcanon thing worked out with them before.

21. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    Looks like John is back in the US, he was the Lakers game last night with a new haircut. Is re-shoot time approaching? [face_thinking]

[​IMG]

cerealbox likes this.
  22. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Maybe he'll be in town for Celebration after all.

23. jdTde33

jdTde33 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2016
    Daisy is in LA too (or was in LA at least until a couple days ago) and I believe her hair is back to its natural color. It very well could be re-shoot time.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  25. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014

Wonderful :)