main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    How do you guys think they will expand on his role expand in episode 8?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Mugwuffin

Mugwuffin Jedi Knight

Dec 3, 2012
    I can see Poe taking him under his wing and helping achieve the skills to match his heart & courage.

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I think he was left in a coma for a reason.

He was able to buck his programming as a Stormtrooper. He was a top performer in his cohort. There are great things trapped inside our hero.

I think he will be a Jedi by The end of the trilogy.

4. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    I think he'll end up leading some sort of strike force. He'll be involved in the military side of the story, kind of like Han and Co. assaulting the bunker in ROTJ.

Dak Oolron, akeli, DarthIshyZ and 2 others like this.
  5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well he isn't a pilot...

Dak Oolron and Wildcatbarry like this.
  6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    He'll be awoken by true love's kiss by either Rey or Poe. If that isn't what happens, I will demand my money back :p

7. Oberron

Oberron Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2013
    I'm hoping he'll become a high ranking mofo in the Resistance, or even the Republic. He knows the enemy from the inside, and he seemed extremely at ease constructing battleplans alongside the highest ranking members of the Resistance.

He'll also become even bigger bros for life with Poe Dameron, of course. Kind of like 22 Jump street but Star Warsified.

8. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    I would like to see him become a Jedi.

DL44Jo, Han Drolo, griffon2k and 4 others like this.
  9. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    I would love to see two very different Jedi story arcs, Rey as the normal Luke taught Jedi who mostly uses the force. And Finn, the unorthodox but highly skilled warrior Jedi

10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Obviously some romance will develop between him and Rey. I definitely want his friendship with Poe expanded upon as their chemistry together was way better than his with Rey

TheFett18 likes this.
  11. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    What kind of weapon you think he will have in the next episode? I mean he had a blaster and lightsaber in episode 7. Will he go back to blaster or will they give him his own type of weapon.

12. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    we already have Rey

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  13. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Thier can be more then one jedi. Not that I think he will become one,but thier no saying that only she can be one.

14. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    "Thier" [face_laugh]

I also don't think he will become a jedi, and I don't want so. I think he will be something like a general in VIII and will help the resistence to destroy the First Order.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  15. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    So did you come on here just to attack my grammar or are you always like that?

16. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    Always like that, bro. Make fun of me!

17. rowancool

rowancool Jedi Padawan

Aug 22, 2015
    I personally think he won't become a Jedi because I just don't think he has the same connection to the force that Rey has. If I was to move forward with his character I would place him in a more militaristic position like some of you guys are suggesting, and have him develop his relationship with Poe.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  18. Jo Lucas

Aug 28, 2015
    Agree 101%. I hope VIII to be placed a couple of years after VII, then we would have a jedi Rey and two war brothers, Finn and Poe.

rowancool likes this.
  19. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm concerned about Finn's coma. Will he be the same Finn when he wakes up. Will he remember joining the resistance or will he remember his programming.

Don't forget, Finn was also motivated by Fear. And Fear is the path to the dark side.

20. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah, going to be interesting what they do with his character in episode 8 since he's in a coma. Will Finn still be in it during the movie or will they use it as an excuse to make a novel or book about him snapping out of it before hand.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  21. Gabriel Tossan

Gabriel Tossan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2015
    At this point i think we cant rely on the books

Momotaros likes this.
  22. Infinite Cactus

Infinite Cactus Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 21, 2015
    Honestly, I think his role will be a more Luke ESB role in the trilogy in terms of combat. Part time blaster, and handy with a lightsaber. I have a feeling Rey will be more the "heir to the Jedi" and Finn more the "heart of the Jedi". If he's force sensitive at all (either way is fine, his character is awesome). I would like to see Rey be the one it comes easy to, but have more trouble with being a leader and facing her emotions. Finn can be the one who has to work harder to utilize the force, but is capable in his own way.

23. Momotaros

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah I probably wont buy any of the new books now. Was thinking of giving them a chance,because I thought they would be canon like the movies and shows. Doesn't appear that way. Better just sticking with the movies and enjoying the characters that way.

24. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    So he is in a coma.. I really hope he stays on the light side as I fear once he wakes up his brainwashing would be rebooted and he will be baddie again...

25. Gabriel Tossan

Gabriel Tossan Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2015
    What do we know about this brainwashing thing?Is it made by some kind of tecnology like The clones or just by The training?