main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I think we don't have that information as of yet...

2. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    My guess is Finn, sadly, is not Force sensitive enough to be a Jedi. I would like to see him working with Poe doing the more rough and tumble world of spying and working the gangs to gather info and supplies for the Resistance.

Finn and Poe working together sort like a Wraith Squadron missions.

3. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    I think he's destined to become a Jedi. I think he has the force, just not as much as Rey does. Furthermore, I'm interested in seeing where his relationships with both Poe, and Rey go moving forward.

Some people seem to want to draw a romantic relationship being developed between our two leads, while that is certainly a possibility, I simply see them as REALLY good friends at this point. When you sit down and think about it these are both each others first best friend. I think it was a much more touching moment when Rey kisses him on the head, and says "Thank you my friend."

Poe was the bees knees in this. I want to see how the coolest new cat in the Galaxy plays into Finn's future.

griffon2k, Obiwan10 and cbsnswf2390 like this.
  4. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm not sure about Finn, does he act like the kind of guy that would have had much chance to be around girls?

I was assuming that stormtroopers probably didn't have much down time, Rey was probably his first real shot at a girl. Puppy love if you will. Probably be nothing more then best friends with both Poe and Rey by the end of 8.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I just want more scenes of him and Poe talking and being adorable little human space puppies. Hell throw Rey in, assuming she isn't with Luke the whole film, and I will probably die from exploding due to their combined adorableness [face_love]

Seeher likes this.
  6. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    Poe = New Han Solo, Hot Shot Pilot
    Rey= New Chosen one who will be tempted by the darkside
    Kylo= New Vader no chance at redemption until the end of trilogy
    Snoke= new Emperor who will instigate a light vs. dark confrontation
    Luke= The martyr who directs our heroes from beyond the grave
    Finn= The catalyst that will bring back Rey from teetering on the edge of the darkside.

7. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I
    I'm thinking it will be Chewie's kiss

fuhry likes this.
  8. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Finn is firmly on the light side. His stormtrooper training won't take, it just isn't in him to be evil. Even he learns this about himself.

9. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    I'm hoping that he becomes a Jedi eventually. I don't understand why people keep comparing him to Rey as far as force-sensitivity goes. Finn and Rey are two different characters and their connection to the force will be different, of course. Finn's character really stole the show for me, personally, so now I would like him to go on to do bigger and better things.

I could see Finn becoming a warrior Jedi of some sort . . . the closest example I could think of right now is being similar to Rahm Kota from The Force Unleashed minus being blind.

10. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Just thinking is it possible he still gets a lightsaber in episode 8,but isn't a Jedi. I mean he can battle lesser opponents with one.

11. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    I am just glad they are coming back... They are perfectly cast..

watch 1:20 onwards.. That is hilarious!!![face_rofl]

Klara, akeli, DaddlerTheDalek and 2 others like this.
  12. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Saw on the Poe thread in the Force Awaken section that it seems Rey takes a liking to Poe in the TFA Novel. So I guess we can cross Finn/Rey romance off the list. Really hope he doesn't become the third wheel the next movie.

13. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Why would you cross that off the list when there's clearly romantic tension between them?

14. jedibarrister

jedibarrister Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2001
    He was a sanitation trooper---a janitor. And somehow, he knows all about the Starkiller base, and helps the rebellion. All the previews made it seem like he was the future jedi in training. How crappy of a master is Luke that he can't train Ben enough to beat a janitor who has never held a lightsaber. It took far too long for Finn to go down.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Fan-fic story!

16. TheFett18

TheFett18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    Rey will be the anakin of this saga and Finn will be the Obi wan, not as powerful but full of goodness

Carth Solo likes this.
  17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I wonder if there will be any lasting injuries for Finn?

He copped a pretty nasty slash right down his spine and Kylo's cross guard went into his shoulder.

I'm hoping he becomes a Jedi but I wouldn't be disappointed if he's just the Everyman that does heroic stuff like my man LANDO.

18. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Love the character, but I can't really think of where his arc will go other than being involved in whatever Phasma is going to be involved in. Finn/Phasma stuff seems like they'll be this trilogy's B-plot that maybe crosses paths with Hux too.

I guess that's better than Poe. For him, I can't think of anything at all for him to do except to continue to be leader-guy awesome pilot. No arc, unless they have him turn or something.

19. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

Gotta admit, I LOLLED hard at this. Still am.

20. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I'd definitely want some more backstory for Finn. Although we saw the tipping point which made him defect (blood smear on helmet, Poe torture and captivity), i'd like to see what made him join in the first place, what kept him there and just his general exposure to the regime. We've got a great sense of his personality and motivation in life, now lets learn about his history. There's a great character there but i'd like to see them go deeper with Finn, especially now that he is separated from Rey. I say keep them separated for most of VIII and turn them into a case study.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing as He is my favorite character of the new big three I have to say I hope he does end up with Rey because he obviously likes her and not just as a friend.

22. MasterMoolah

MasterMoolah Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I want to see him become a Jedi and be force sensitive. Anyone who says he's not force sensitive with any certainty is just telling you their opinion of what they want. They didn't show him show any force sensitivity, but that's the only argument against it. There are more arguments FOR him being force sensitive than not and I think it's going to happen. Maz gives him the lightsaber and even stared him down in the bar. He also seemed to wield it pretty good for someone who simply worked in sanitation.

23. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    He did not join the First Order on his own. It's already established he was taken away from his parents at a very young age to be trained as a stormtrooper.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

SnokesVessel likes this.
  24. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Did they actually say Finn is in coma? I would proibably lose my consciousness after a back injury like that, but like five minutes have passed after that. Nothing was said of coma.

Shaak Ti likes this.
  25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i don't think so. just people on reddit. :rolleyes:

Darth_Corvus likes this.