main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Dec 17, 2015.

1. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Agreed. I don't see Finn becoming a Jedi and honestly never really did, though if it does go that route I would be cool with it if it made sense. I think VIII will show him becoming more of a solid Resistance fighter and joining Poe on a mission. That's where I see his story going with Luke and Rey and Poe and Finn coming together at the end of the final act.

2. fenton

fenton Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001

There are no hints of either, because when ANH was written Leia wasn't a force sensitive character, and neither is Finn.

3. Obiwan10

Obiwan10 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    Well that does not mean finn can't be a fs character in the future, I could easily see him being one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

DL44Jo and cbsnswf2390 like this.
  4. fenton

Nov 29, 2001

Or Episode IX.

Thats part of the reason I'd like to see Lando added to the Finn/Poe story in the next movie. Both Finn and Poe are soldiers, adding a completely different kind of hero to that duo could be a lot of fun.

5. fenton

Nov 29, 2001

Sure. I guess you could say that about any character.

6. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    That too.

If they do bring Lando back, I wouldn't be surprised to see him somewhere in the upper echelons of the Republic, like a Senator or even Supreme Chancellor. I doubt the Republic stays passive this time around. Might see Leia summoned to the Republic and Lando pledging the forces of the Republic to the fight against the FO.

7. Obiwan10

Nov 6, 2015
    More so finn than poe or any others excluding rey, because of his lightsaber usage in this film. But I am just speculating, and ik just because you use a lightsaber does not mean your fs, but that's usually the case.

8. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if (Finn) Calrissian will pop up again?

Reading how the FO take their stormtroopers and pilots when they're young children could mean he was the son of the old smoothy himself and was taken. May be its what leads Lando back into the story rather than the blatantly obvious 'Han's death'?

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I want to know one thing....will the jacket return? It is the unofficial symbol of our new trio of heroes
    TEAM JACKET! :p

10. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    The jacket will be the MacGuffin of episodes X-XII

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes! The opening scene will be it floating through space :p

12. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    "This Jacket was once belonged to Poe Dameron, then his buddy Finn. Now, it calls to you..."

"umm when was the last time it was washed? I never want to touch that thing again!"

SnokesVessel likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I want to imagine that there is a schedule for "Love Jacket". In fact here it is
    [​IMG]
    What happens on saturday?:confused:

14. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Same, I expect he'll have a sort of 'metal spine', I gotta say it seemed like they made sure we saw exactly how he was injured, I do worry that they might put Finn in a wheelchair or something?

15. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    If the Star Wars tradition of absurdly promoting heroes continues, Finn will be a Captain of the resistance in Ep8.

I welcome this.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  16. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Cuddle session with all 3 in the jacket.

Darth Claire likes this.
  17. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Klara likes this.
  18. AllEyezOnTheDarkSide

AllEyezOnTheDarkSide Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2015
    He's totally going to become a Jedi I'm 10000% sure of that.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

cbsnswf2390, Obiwan10 and Shaak Ti like this.
  19. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    If he isn't a FS and Kylo is competent with a saber, than it completely shatters my interpretation of the other 6 movies.

cbsnswf2390 and Obiwan10 like this.
  20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Read a really great theory online about where Finn might be going.

When he defects from the FO, that is huge news. He's essentially target number one, everyone in the FO wants him dead. Everyone, from the top down to the very last stormtrooper, recognizes him as a traitor. That has to leave some kind of impression. I mean, none of the stormtroopers (that we've met at least) have really thought like that before. What if Finn's actions ultimately go on to inspire more of them to think for themselves and follow in his footsteps? By the end of the trilogy, we could even see Finn leading a group of ex-stormtroopers.

I know there was a snarky comment early on in TFA about going back to clones, but maybe it's something that might very well happen if the FO starts to lose their grip on stormtroopers as a whole because of this.

Klara and Big Boss like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I really hope he is more of a character and less of a caricature this time.

AurilliusPrime and MagnaZero like this.
  22. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    There is great chemistry between Rey and Finn and they wanted this for a reason. Finn and Rey will be a Jedi but one will be tempted to the darkside.

cbsnswf2390 likes this.
  23. MJ-100

MJ-100 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    I hope there's more depth to his character, I want him to be more balanced and less jokey.
    This.
    Finn as a resistance soldier or co-captain for sure...[face_sigh]
    See, this I really don't want to see that.
    As much I love Poe/Finn and their interactions, I want Finn to have his own storyline and not share it with yet an other lead . His storyline was already too dependant to Rey's in TFA.
    Then it was with Han, where Finn was depicted yet an other time as "the follower". And while I'm fine with it because it's freaking Han Solo and it was only the first film of a trilogy, I don't want Finn's storyline to be outshine by an other character. Let the character grow, let him be more independant and more confident.

The best would be that Finn is working on the field and developing some kind of FS abilities, which will lead him to bond with Leia. I really want to see Leia talking about the Force and see what she did with it all those years. Also, since she's has lost/is losing her son and he doesn't have any family left, a mother/son (a little bit like rey/han in episode 8) could be very emotional. What if they talked about Han ? After all, Finn was there in his last moment.

We need to know more about Finn's origins. I heard there were casting an other female and they did chesmitry test; I'm betting for an aunt or a cousin.

By the way, John Boyega finally read the script you can see his reaction here.
    Anyway i'm trying to keep my expectations low and I just see Finn being a soldier in episode 8, nothing more.

24. fenton

Nov 29, 2001

Not really, neither one was protrayed has having any kind of talent or ability to use the force or be a Jedi. Finn's lightsaber use wasn't even that good or impressive, nor did it have any story implications or appear to have any foreshadowing - it was just "there". If Rey had taken it when it "called to her" Finn never would have used it.

Just because Poe and Finn will likely be together in Episode VIII doesn't mean the storyline will be "Finn's" or "Poe's" and not the others.

I think most of the actresses they looked for that lead role were younger (like Boyega's age - most likely a romantic interest for Finn, if anything). They've told us about Finn's origin, and it is one that doesn't lend itself to more discovery.

Apparently Kennedy has said (I haven't seen the comments) that Phasma will actually be in Episode VIII - I could see that character "leading the charge" against Finn.

Klara likes this.
  25. Obiwan10

Nov 6, 2015
    I just personally believe that with the amount he used the lightsaber in this film, I think he will use a lightsaber again the next two films, that's just my personal opinion.

DL44Jo and Klara like this.