main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Dec 17, 2015.

1. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    She doesn't have the 3 buns.

2. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    It seems to match this
    [​IMG]

3. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    I don't think they're the same hair style. Her hair in the bts photo is in a ponytail. In the samurai Jedi pose, her hair is half up, half down.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  4. Sgt. Carver

Jul 27, 2015
    Looks like her hair is longer and is covered by the coat to me. And I wonder about the coat. If she's just hanging around the set, why is she wearing that overly large coat which is usually used to cover and protect costumes? I've spent too much time on this though. We'll know one way or another eventually.

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    Probably the same reason she wore the same Canadian Goose coat when she was shooting murder on the Orient express and in the josh gad videos. It's just a personal coat the cast of tfa got given and she likes it.

6. Sgt. Carver

Jul 27, 2015
    Sounds more like you're disagreeing just to disagree. It's far more likely that the heroes meet up at some point in this film and that picture may be the setting for it, than Daisy just randomly hanging around and there being no reunion until 2019.

7. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Actually this isn't a photo. But a frame of a video.

I suggest you guys watch the behind the scenes video clip on vanity fair website, where this frame was taken, to make your decision.

8. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I have no idea if they meet up, just acknowledging that's daisy's own coat. It's something she wears often both on and off set. She's not wearing one of those robes what we have seen the others wear in this picture. It's clearly her Canadian Goose jacket you can see the emblem on her arm.

9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    if it takes some time for finn to recover that suggests mid movie time jump to me (along w rey's costume change). i hope his injuries don't warrant too much cybernetic stuff. i suppose the spine would be badly damaged, so there would have to be some, but it should be advanced enough to basically act as a spine.

:(

10. Darth Zero

Darth Zero Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2015
    I'm pretty sure Finn will not be wielding the blue lightsaber again seeing as it belongs to Rey now.

*2:48

11. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    She's not in costume in that picture though, that's for certain.

I think it's much more likely Luke and Rey separate at the end and he reunites with Leia, and R2 reunites with 3PO. I think Rey will come face to face with Snoke at the end. This is the middle chapter, so it's expected that this will have an ominous and uncertain ending to set the stage for IX.

12. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Let's get this back on topic...this is the FINN thread.

I'm late to the party about the newly released pics over the last few days, so forgive me if this has been addressed already but someone mentioned that in that Vanity Fair pic, Finn is wearing Poe's outfit from TFA. Not just the jacked, but the same exact shirt, belt, and pants too. What is all this about? Does this fuel the Poe/Finn romance rumor even further?

13. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Poe is the one who gave FN-2187 an identity apart from the faceless bar code provided by the First Order's conscripted soldier system. Nicknaming him Finn literally on the fly during their first battle as comrades. Once they crash the TIE and Finn recovers what he assumes is all that's left of Poe among the wreckage, his jacket, he seemingly keeps it as his own as a form of honorable retrospect. This all leads to him finding BB8 and unwittingly taking on Poe's mission as his own.

I'm noting all of this because at it's inception the dynamic between Finn and Poe was bred through battle and camaraderie, I never once got the sense it was romantic in TFA. As far as why he keeps wearing Poe's clothes , apart from obviously being on short supply of clothing after just defecting , Poe was already the big deal in the Resistance Finn was trying to emulate when he put on airs to Han and Rey., so it seems the jacket and ens amble in itself is supposed to symbolize Finn's transition from Stormtrooper to Resistance Hero/Big Deal.

Also on a side note this all kinda plays into the fact that it seems Finn has now assumed the role of Leia's Operative that Poe was basically putting in overtime as he's already their best Fighter pilot when she sent him to retrieve that crucial info from Lor San Tekka on Jakku. The Jacket is pure symbolism of Finn's evolution and was actually made for him from it's conception.

afrojedi and Sgt. Carver like this.
  14. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    It's true, concept art shows Finn with a jacket and a blaster from the get go, we've seen how he acquired and later earned his hero gear now we're seeing him rise into the role he's chosen. I know Rian had a lot of leeway with the script...but especially now I am seeing a LOT of things from original concepts of TFA being born in TLJ. Finn was originally supposed to go through a ritual and be reborn a hero....now we're getting that in detail instead of it being a quick footnote....or did you think Bio-Hexacrypt was a common word? It's looking like Finn does some soul searching while trying to help the resistance and that his interactions with Poe, Rose and DJ will help influence the man he is to become.

Though since John said:

I wonder if that means Maz plays a role in bringing him out of his coma...or if it's a sign of his will to live...either option has interesting implications

On another note: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40029278

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

NooThe likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

No, they're different pants. Poe's were brown, while Finn's are blue. Which makes sense, because there's a height difference between the two. But no, I don't think this has anything to do with a romance between them. Finn needs clothes. Poe has an extra shirt and belt.

MrElculver2424 and cerealbox like this.
  16. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Don't look for an answer if Finn is force sensitive or not in TLJ.

Because it won't be explored. Straight from Rian and Boyega in the Vanity Fair article.

However, Boyega's like "you never know" when referring to the future.

So guys, let's just move on until Episode IX discussions about this subject, ok.

17. Sgt. Carver

Jul 27, 2015
    I would be bothered if they try to force it in the next movie now.

cerealbox likes this.
  18. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    I just want to focus on whether Finn develops into a badass, in TLJ.

Sgt. Carver likes this.
  19. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    He invoked "you never know" to the idea of Finn/Poe, too. Last year.

John Boyega: “But as far as I’m concerned, when JJ [Abrams] sat us down to go through the script, it was a bromance [between Finn and Poe]. But now I’m learning what Mark Hamill said before when he didn’t know that Darth Vader was Luke’s father: you never know what they’re going to pull. I’m looking at the director Rian [Johnson] closely so he can get me involved early, so I can prepare myself. So who knows?”(February 15, 2016)

20. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Each director has a lot of leeway. I know Colin wanted to do a lot with Carrie Fisher in the final film...but now he will not be able to do so. It'll be interesting to see how that changes things from here on out.

cerealbox likes this.
  21. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    In other words. The actors haven't seen Colin's script.

I 100% now doubt it's going to happen. But Boyega won't know for sure until he sees Colin's script.

22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    John used 'you never know' deflection.
    It's super effective!

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  23. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
  24. Kthru12

Kthru12 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 4, 2016
    This trilogy is truly a round robin.

JJ stuck a lightsaber in Finn's hand on a whim (maybe for deceptive marketing, maybe because he thought it looked cool, who knows) with no plan for how it would play into the character's future. Because there was no future in mind until Rian put pen to paper and extended the story.

Now whatever happens with Finn in IX is purely dependent on whether or not Treverrow has any interest in exploring the character.

25. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    so....Rose is not Finn's love interest....he's going to spend the movie focusing on improving himself and not being bogged down in a shoehorned romance....huh...okay that's different but I'm good with it.