main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Or Batman is in VII...

Jedi Merkurian , VMeran and TheBBP like this.
  2. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

I missed that. Friendly rivalry between the studios. I can dig it. ;)

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    They should have used a lightsaber as Batman refuses to use a gun (out of character).;)

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Wellll it could be pre-Golden Age Batman.

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    how can it be pre-Golden Age if Batman was created during the Golden Age?;)

6. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Boyegaman!! haha

starocean90 likes this.
  7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    My favorite part of it is Daisy retweeting the Batman picture and just laughing at it.

VMeran likes this.
  8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it's not Batman it's BOYEGAMAN.;)

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Batman used to kill waaay back when his comics were first being published.

10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I know he used to kill (not anymore) and I was originally talking about modern day Batman, as his costume is obviously not based on the original Batman.

11. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Ah I see. I get ya now!

starocean90 likes this.
  12. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I came across a short interview of the writer/director of "Imperial Dreams", the upcoming acclaimed film which Boyega stars in. The interview reveals that the movie will start making the festival circuit rounds with a screening at the Los Angeles Sundance Next Fest in August. Below is the portion of the interview that focuses on Boyega:

On casting and working with John Boyega:

We got our number one choice with him. I'd seen him in "Attack The Block" and he's just a special person, in that he does a number of things at one time. He's vulnerable, he'll let you in, but he can also play the role that we needed from Bambi as someone who could be hard and get across the authentic part of coming from that life. Everyone from Watts was really welcoming to him because they knew that he was stepping up to be their voice.

We got lucky that John was able to come out a month early and hang out in South Central with Bobby and De'aundre Bonds and really bond with them and understand their psyche. He's got this special thing where he's able to just morph into somebody, but still bring his own kind of charisma to it. He works really hard, he comes from a good family, and he understood the intentions of the story. He's also a storyteller himself, so we had some great philosophical conversations about the character to be able to take it to the next level. He helps that character jump off the page.

For anyone interested in the entire interview just click on the link below.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...ns-and-the-hood-with-imperial-dreams-20140725

13. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    AND A GENIE POPS OUT

14. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I`m a genie in a lightsaber, you just rubbed me the right way!

VMeran likes this.
  15. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  16. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    Wait...this sounds wrong...

17. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    On this week´s Forcecast some of the members were speculating about the possibility of Boyega being the Han of the trilogy, the wild guy, and leading the first movie along with Ridely. It could be nice if it ends up like this. But if this is the case, I hope Isaac plays a different character than the rumored Han Solo type.

VMeran, Claire1976 and starocean90 like this.
  18. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    Does it? :D
    If he tries to "change his ways in life", I expect him to be somewhat melancholic, saddened by his past errors.

19. Mathieu

Mathieu Jedi Youngling

Jul 25, 2014
    Just saw Attack The Block. Hard to see how good of an actor he is based on that performance. Even though he's the lead in that film, he has relatively few lines. I do think he's capable of giving the camera some very dark and brooding looks. At the same time he does seem to have a quiet but hidden charm in the movie (yet very understated!). The very last scene in the movie is a good example. I can definitely see him play a similar type of character in Episode VII.

20. Nipuhanipera

May 25, 2014
    But, seriously speaking, the Zare Leonis part is quite strange. We got two characters very similar in appearance, who are defecting stormtroopers. This just can`t happen. Jason Ward said that the people at Pinewood who provided the Jedi hunter rumors weren`t aware of Rebels. Maybe this is a similar case?

21. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Wasn't sure whether to post this on the DR or JB thread so maybe I'll do it on both.

The whole DR/JB movie connection thing sounds like a SW version of Romeo & Juliet, adapted of course. You have two people from opposite sides of the fence. On one side, you have "royalty" related to the heroes of the rebellion and an heir (although she doesn't realize it) to the Jedi order. On the other side you have someone who is somehow related to the ultimate enemy to the rebellion cause. He's a trooper, torn between his job and how he may have been forced to do what he is doing possibly for the sake of family and whatnot and the girl he has become fond of.

And there is a third party-an enemy to both sides although it is not realized. Both DR and JB's sides cannot seem to bury the hatchet and when the third threat becomes too overbearing, it is up to DR and JB to pull the two sides together to defeat the ultimate threat on the entire galaxy.

22. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    we know that Zare Leonis is an Imperial that helps the Rebels, maybe by the end he decides to stop helping the Rebels and become 100% imperial. Boyega could be his son, who becomes a soldier like his dad, but unlike his dad he decides to join "the good guys". (this is a possibility)

23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I like it.

Two houses, both Force sensitivity,
    In fair Mos Eisley, where we lay our scene.
    From Ancient Fear break to new mutinty,
    Where civil war makes trooper hands unclean.

CairnsTony, VMeran, Yanksfan and 4 others like this.
  24. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    I still hope they let Boyega keep his accent.

25. Darth Cyn

Apr 8, 2014
    NO STAR WARZ IS FOR MURICANS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.