main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    [​IMG]

Posted by director Edgar Wright, who does seem to be doing something related to Star Wars! Great picture of John - I love that he seems to be a legitimate geek (like all of us)

2. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    oh cool. Edgar and JJ are getting married and they adopted John and Daisy :p

Lurknomore likes this.
  3. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Edgar wright is one of my favorite directors. This makes me super giddy inside.

Also, it's all but freakin confirmed by now that John and Daisy are the two new leads. I love the fact that even now he still wears Star Wars t-shirts! Hope he keeps the hair too!

Lurknomore likes this.
  4. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Wasn't there a rumor of a crashed ship on the Abu Dhabi set? Sounds like the X-wing probably brought John or Daisy to the planet, but no one's leaving in it.

My guess is John, if he's just defected. Also, wasn't there a rumor that Daisy's character has been living in a house on the planet for some time?

That, combined with the reports of a chase scene early on involving Driver's character, makes me believe the movie opens with John's defection. A high-octane space/planet-side pursuit sounds like a great way to open the movie.

5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

I mean if you look at the X-Wing from the video, it looks super beat up. Almost glaringly so. It certainly didn't look it had military grade upkeep. Unless of course the republic is in real dire straits.

It kinda seems the X-wing has been pieced or patch worked together from various parts. Ridely character could be a tinkerer who patched it together.

But, then again, that sounds kinda goofy. I mean she patched together space craft that isn't exactly but totally is an X-wing? Coupled with the fact that they had an extra in, what appeared, to be a newly designed pilot jumpsuit?

It just doesn't sound right to me.

6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I still can't work out how that ship fits in.

7. cbsnswf2390

cbsnswf2390 Jedi Knight

Jul 1, 2014
    This picture convinced me that Boyega and Ridley will for certain the leading actor the this trilogy.

TheBBP likes this.
  8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well Glad We Got Another Convert I Suppose

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    What is it with Abrams and his wonderful ability to cast actors that I just want to kidnap and make my BFFs?
    But in all seriousness, I'm liking the interactions Boyega and Ridley have been having. They're soo cute [face_love]

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    While the X-Wing... and its context... certainly require pondering, I am much more interested in the actual X-Wing pilot jumpsuit from that video, as it adds some variables into the potential scenarios.

CairnsTony, TheBBP and Satipo like this.
  11. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    All I know is it starts in bad shape but will be getting fixed up at least rumor wise.

12. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes. Maybe that pilot (and I'm not saying he is but he did look like JB a bit to me) might be linked to another x-wing scene later on.

13. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    [​IMG]

You know now that you guys are talking about it; it does have that re-built look to it, very rough and mismatch?

14. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    It looks very beat up, but I'm not sure it looks that much more beat up than some of the OT x-wings to the extreme that Someone had put it together. If that was the angle they wanted to go for, wouldn't they have gone for a ship that looked obviously put together, something more unique? Maybe though it is an older model? I don't know, this ship is one of the trickier pieces of the various puzzles to line up.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    they look a right bugger to clean

16. SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP Jedi Master star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    Jumping on this late...But this X-Wing does look a lil beat up than the norm...Perhaps this one was a captured X-Wing?
    Sitting in some Hangar on an Imperial ship that (like said above) John's Character defects in?

17. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Actually, have to blow my own theory to pieces. Just looked up screen shoots of original Star Wars X-wings and they are just as mismatch as this one is. So unless this one has been sitting on Tatooine (or not Tatooine) for thirty years, it no worst then the ones before.

18. SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP Jedi Master star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    I don't know your post about it having that rebuilt look invokes some thought here...and yes the other ones we have seen look used up too...
    Looking at this pic though i would agree with you looks rebuilt with mismatch parts of some new/old?

It would be neat to see an opening scene with an imperial defector using that ship...kinda like han and co using that imperial shuttle ta slip by...

19. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    You mean like 'Into Darkness'?

20. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I love this picture. It looks like Boyega just revealed to JJ that he is, in fact, his father.

CairnsTony likes this.
  21. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I don´t think figuring out what is the role of the new X-Wing. It´s Ridley´s ship, she came to the planet on that ship and will probably be her ship along the trilogy.

22. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Why is it like Into Darkness? Didn't that open with an Indiana Jones style natives chase?

Lurknomore likes this.
  23. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014

All sound, but then if the rumours are true that she and JB flee/ leave the planet together, does JB have his own ship then? They can't both flee in the X-wing can they, although maybe it being cramped in there could provide some good banter and humour during the escape.

CairnsTony likes this.
  24. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    John:[to JJ] No... I am your father.
    JJ: That's not true, that's impossible! Nooooooo! I'm older than you!
    John: Search your feelings, you know it to be true!
    Daisy: Oh John, I do love your jokes!
    JJ: He was kidding? Oh. Um, in that case... sorry for the overreaction. Yeah, uh good joke John. So... [Embarrassed] anyone for another beer?

25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    They might (surely) leave together, but together does not have to mean on the same ship. Mind this X-Wing seems to be special somehow, do I doubt we just see it and never ever see it again. My bet is this ship, along with the Falcon and probably the new Boyega´s ship, will be around for the rest of the ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.