main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST John Boyega (Finn) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The rumor was that JJ/LK/KK all wanted the shift away from Solo kids and on Luke and son. GL backed them. Script was changed.

Han's "gigantic" role in no way means he or his kids are the main characters.

Momotaros likes this.
  2. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I'm not impressed by Boyega from what I've seen and heard. Perhaps that's because any video of him on youtube I can't even understand what he's saying. I'm sure he got his position on the condition that he won't have that accent, but only hearing him with it-I can only have that impression right now.

But again, this cast was hopefully cast on talent and what they brought to the role they auditioned for.

3. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Excatly, peeps are trying to force feed a Star Wars Brady Bunch junk on us. For all we know the new trio could be unrelated to them.

4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I posted this in the official casting thread yesterday, but want to post this here now for those that haven't heard yet, since this appears to be the John Boyega thread. For anyone interested, Boyega has a role in the upcoming mini season of 24: Live Another Day, which starts this coming Monday on FOX here in the states. He apparently has a recurring role and is currently listed on imdb as appearing in 4 episodes. Supposedly he is in the premiere on Monday, which is a double episode 2 hour premiere. I can't wait to check out his acting as apparently in Attack the Block, he has a very silent role and doesn't say much. Hopefully he gets some good dramatic scenes with Kiefer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and Momotaros like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Attack the Block, he's fantastic in.

I goddamned love "24" and literally just found out today that he's in 24 this year, and basically 50% of anything I think about involves "24" or "Star Wars" so it's awesome to see both "24" and "Star Wars" worlds are colliding. I fully expect this thread to become a weekly 24/Boyega discussion thread for the next 2 months.

So, whoo for 24 / seeing a new Star Wars actor in action / DAMMIT! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

If Jack has to face down Boyega then Bauer's handicap may be slightly higher since he hasn't faced a Jedi. Yet. I'd still give Jack the advantage.

6. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Is it me or does Boyega always look angry?

DNateos and T-R- like this.
  7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    His anger makes him strong. Pathway to the dark side he must avoid :p

DarthApprentice and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Its the arched eyebrows.

9. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Boyega has the great potential to be the edgy Jedi, the one who can be consumed by the Dark Side, but we'll see

A lot of the rumor sites are speculating that Boyega is actually a villain, and not a Jedi. If anything, I think he'll begin the trilogy as a hero, and maybe he falls to the dark side? We shall see.

Death_Jar_Jar and T-R- like this.
  10. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    yeah, everyone's been ignoring that rumor

11. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I'd like to see him be One of Luke's best young up and coming jedi knights....who Luke assigns to assist the new team as they try and accomplish their mission.....like essentially playing the qui-gon/obi-wan jedi presence of TPM for episode 7.....he can look after the others while Luke goes to investigate some other mysterious threat

Gerdschroder likes this.
  12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    T-R- Can you point me to this TV Guide article you've been talking about? I'm looking for it but all I can find is THIS ONE, which says "Disney and Lucasfilm did not reveal who the newcomers are playing, but Driver and Boyega are reportedly playing the film's villain, who will be in the vein of Darth Vader, and the lead, respectively."

Lurknomore likes this.
  13. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Going by the "he will be a young Jedi", "he will be the hero" rumors that the trades have picked up on...

I'm wondering when exactly Boyega will become Luke's apprentice; during VII, or will he have been raised by Luke since he was a young boy? If he's "Thomas" from the casting call, he'll have "grown up without a father's influence", so that implies he and Luke won't meet until the movie. Luke might play a Obi-Wan-ish role where Boyega is only under his tutelage for a short while but he has an enormous influence on him.

I think it would be cool if Driver was Luke's first apprentice who went bad (thanks to the influence of Von Sydow?), with Luke only reluctantly taking on Boyega as a student afterwards. Then Luke and Boyega could journey together to stop Driver from doing whatever nefarious deed he's set on doing.

Though, I don't know, wouldn't want Driver's storyline to seem like a rip-off of Anakin's...

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Mystery Roach likes this.
  15. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    In that case I suspect it was a misread of that line I posted and they just missed the second part about the lead.

Besides, I haven't seen any indication that TV guide is suddenly claiming to have inside sources for this stuff. In times like this, a LOT of sites just scour the net for rumors to reprint and it often leads to misinterpretations and false assumptions.

Lurknomore likes this.
  16. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I love Attack The Block,such a great movie...and I hope he gets to keep his british accent and they don't make him use an american one,that would make him really unique and stand out IMO.

17. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I really hope not, unless he can go more RP with it. His natural accent drives me nuts. I seriously don't want to have to listen to that for a whole trilogy. Probably my number one concern about the ST right now is that his character might be from the streets and therefore get to use his natural accent.

Death_Jar_Jar, DNateos and T-R- like this.
  18. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

Something tells me he will have an American accent.

19. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    I've never seen him in anything before, and you know what? That's a good thing for me, because I love the idea of unknowns playing huge roles.

I know a few have commented on his expression, but overall he has a great face, and as he matures he'll look more like a hero, at least I hope so.

DarthApprentice likes this.
  20. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    A slight British accent is fine. However, a very thick accent for a major character in a SW movie is hard because few American would be able to understand them.

Ewan's accent was light. So was Guiness's. These people were cast under the condition that they can adapt their speech. They will have severe problems if they can't and the backlash would be HUGE (especially considering they are newcomers and the movie is coming out in December not May).

Anyway-someone Luke takes under his wing as the new best student. The Sith/Dark Side will target Boyega and possibly succeed in dragging him to the dark side. This will eventually lead to Daisy, daughter of Han and Leia, being pulled into traning, despite early intentions to hide her from the Force and keep her away from Jedi stuff.

21. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I would be very happy about that. Obviously Ridley will be using an American accent too, which just leaves Gleeson of the younger characters. And if he isn't Luke's son then he would easily by my first choice of using his own accent or perhaps a lighter or more anglicized version of it.

22. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    It would be cool if the rumors about him turning to the dark side were true--much more interesting than a Jacen-like character from the Skywalker family.

T-R- likes this.
  23. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    I've saidbefore, I think a good "set up" would be have Boyega's character to be a fairly new recruit to Lukes new and very small Jedi Order with Lukes son/daughter as the "Gold Child" of the next Generation. Drive (and von Sydow) kill Lukes child pretty early on, which Leafs Boyega in a position of having to step up, and take ont he "hero role" in the "heroes Journey".

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This is what I disliked very much about the EU; the Skywalker-Solo family became royalty; it was almost like the House of Medici at times.

25. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

Exactly, thats why I think if they want the HEroes Journey structure maintained, they have to kill off those family memembers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.