main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

John O'Donnell (JD) Star Wars night, what gives?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qcjediJohn_AM, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I know this has been said in some other threads here, but I figure we might as well make one thread about it.

Also, I'm sorry if there is a significant amount of rant in this post.

That said...

What is the deal with this JD Star Wars night?

Here is how I've heard it works, and I would love to know if I'm wrong. I hear they're going to let some lucky 100 people from the baseball game get into the movie before the fans in line. I don't really know who the sponsors are behind the event, or who started it. Its a cool idea, for sure.

But 100 people? That?s just about ¼ of theater 9's capacity. It seems a little much.

At first, I didn't care much about it, I even said that in the Ep III ticket thread. But, I remember for Episode II, I was basically the second guy there after Chris and his group. By the end of the night, there was probably 20 extra people ahead of me. I'm sure it was just people holding spots for other people, Lord knows I held spots for some guys, and probably will for Episode III. Thing is though, since I had been there probably 10 or more hours before these guys, and it just didn't feel right for them to get ahead of me so easily. And I feel the same way about this.

Now, I won't claim to keep good contact with you guys, saying I keep bad contact would be an understatement. But I guess I'm just surprised I'm not seeing more people worked up about this, and as such I'm assuming / hoping I have the details wrong. I just don't see how this could slide considering how involved this group is with the theater.

Thanks for reading guys; I look forward to your input. And I especially look forward to seeing a lot of you again at Episode III in some way or another.

2. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    All I know is that we have been involved since January. I don't know how many tickets they are giving away. As far as the episode II line goes the people who went in with me were me and stevens people and considering we did all the promo for the movie I took the liberty of doing what I wanted and I will do so again considering the work steven and I put into it.

3. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Alright, well, I dont know who this F5Quister@AOL.COM is, but I just wanted to say glad we're on the same page Han_Jones. Which I assume is Chris. Looks like no-one really knows how its going down with the JD night. And I'm glad my assumption was correct for Ep II, I have no problem with people holding spots with other people, like I said, I do it all the time.

Anyway, here is hoping to more, definitive news on the issue!

4. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Hope you were not offended john. Your service to the QCJO as a line holder over the years has been appreciated.

5. qcjo_orion_guy

qcjo_orion_guy Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2005
    My question is whether admission to Swing game=Admission to Episode III for the group, or is it strictly pay-your-own-way? Just curious--TeeCee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.