main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA John Williams at heinz Hall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Im in for this regardless of the ticket cost...this is a once in a lifetime chance to see John Williams ;)
    (I know I wont be able to see him too many times)

2. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh frig now I'm out for both things thats the day i take the dreaded SAT

3. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    i went the last time he was here, it was incredible, he even talked between each song, including working with Lucas, Spielberg, and about Yoda. I hope to go to, but I thought I read where this is a benefit.
    Not sure though. If I find any new info I'll let everyone know.

4. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Ah, SAT's.. the other true evil besides the sith..

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    John Williams with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
    Friday, June 6, 2003 8:00 PM
    Saturday, June 7, 2003 8:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tickets: $120, $70, $60, $50, $39, and $25
    HERE FOR SEATING CHART
    Tickets on sale: Monday, April 28, 2003 at 8:00 a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Williams conductor

The Oscar, Grammy, Golden Globe and Emmy Award winning composer and conductor returns to Pittsburgh this spring for two special concerts to benefit the Pittsburgh Symphony. Williams, who has composed the soundtrack for a generation, leads your favorite music from Star Wars, E.T., Harry Potter, Jaws, Catch Me If You Can, Raiders of the Lost Ark and more.

Take advantage of an opportunity to meet and greet this American living legend at a post-concert dessert reception, June 7. Call Customer Service at 412.392.4900 for prices and details.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    "Post Concert Reception"!!!

7. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I HAVE RESERVED TICKETS FOR JUNE 7TH & GOT A DISCOUNT!!!

BUT I WILL NEED RESERVATIONS IMMEDIATELY:

I was able to reserve:

10 seats in dress circle :: 2nd & 3rd row from stage for $96.00

15 seats 1/3rd back from stage $56 **this was explained as the best seats**

10 seats in 2nd gallery $18.75

25 seats at the post concert for $50.

There is a $0.25/ ticket city charge and a $4.00 order charge.

First come = first serve = and I will need your money with your reservation.

LMK

8. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I reserve two tickets in the 1/3rd back from stage.

Thanks Carrie

9. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    What day did you reserve them for? Would we have to purchase all of those to get the discount?

EDIT: Just read the second sentence!

10. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    No ~ but we do need a group of at least 20.

I was able to get the group rate and a student discount :)

11. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    hey stacie and i would like to get two tickets...when do you need the money...oh yeah we want the cheapest seats.

12. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Here is how I would like to set this up.

Since this is a little on the pricier side I will not accept a formal reservation until I receive the actual money. The sooner you get me the money = the better. At this time, I have received several reservations = but no money. Heinz Hall is telling me once I confirm the reservation = I bought the seats = no cancelling :( = I don't want to get stuck. So ~ for payment :) I will accept checks, money orders, or cash. If you are concerned with getting the best seats ~ email or PM me for my address and you can mail me your payment.

****For EVERYONE ~ I would like to have all money and reservations no later than the May meeting.***** Please NO exceptions :)

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ok ~ ladies & gents ~~ so far I have not received any reservations for the gold cirlce seats or for the 1/3 seats. If no one posts/emails/ or PM's me by Thursday ( May 1st ) to reserve either of these sections; I am going to "un-reserve" them.

I also have 25 seats reserved for the meet & greet ~ once again no one has reserved for this event; If I don't hear from anyone by May 1st = I will unreserve for this too.

~*~ FOR THE ADULTS ONLY ~*~ we are planning on going somewhere < to be announced and probably changed :) later :) > after the concert for "drinks" [face_devil] all are invited = just let me know :)

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I already told you via PM but I'll just post it here for post's sake. I want a cheap ticket. Going out afterwards sounds cool too.

15. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    I sent carrie an email about this but I switched to two cheap tickets from expensive ones.

Beth and I will be ready to drink? But where should we all go out?

Pirmanti Brothers?

16. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Where ever an "inexpensive" place to drink is. ~~ and if possible ~ some where that won't be all too crowded

17. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    that may be tough on a Saturday night. I'm sure we can find a bar downtown somewhere.

18. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    I will be at the Saturday show with my brother and friend, and will be attending the post cencert reception, hope to see you guys there.

I am sitting in row P on the floor.

19. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I can probably get us a bar to hang in. I will call my friend tomorrow and see what I can do.

20. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    terry ~ cool

jedi master chris ~ I can get you better seats at a cheaper price. LMK if you are interested.

21. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Put Em and I down for two "cheap" seats.

22. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    okay ~ due to emails with questions = let me clarify the exact cost of tickets with both of the extra charges:

dress circle: $96.50
    1/3 from stage: $56.50
    "cheap seats': $19.25

also, bad news to report with the after concert reception:

I have been trying to work with Heinz Hall to try to get some free passes for the after concert reception for those who come dressed and try to use in some way during the concert. Although Heinz Hall likes the idea, the after concert reception is a benefit reception = all money raised is going to charity. The powers that be are not allowing ANY free passes to the reception. = sorry quys :( = BUT on the bright side = just means more party time at the bar together :) & saving $50 :)

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Put me down for one of the cheap seats.

I love the idea of going out afterwards, but have a problem with the location being a bar. Mostly because I know the Twins (both underage)are planning on going to this. I don't know if any of the other under 21 memembers are going, but it would be nice to go someplace that everyone could get in :)

24. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    put me down for one of the cheap seats.

25. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ****okay ~ just to remind everyone = I am NOT taking ANY reservations until I have your money in hand for your tickets****

I will post all OFFICIAL (meaning I have received your money) reservations on a seperate thread entititled "RESERVATIONS FOR JOHN WILLIAMS..."

and now for an update ~~~ I received the contracts from Heinz Hall last night. I need to sign them and return them. This will secure our seats.

Today is the last day to reserve for the gold circle seating, 1/3 from the stage seating, and the post reception!! I must hear from you by the end of today (5.1.03).

~*~ as for place to go afterwards ~*~

I could be wrong, but I believe the kids are allowed in a "bar" (using the term loosly = could imply anywhere alcohol is served ) as long as the minor is accompanied by an adult and does not consume alcohol.

If anyone has an issue with this idea = any suggestions on where we could go where adults can order drinks, but where kids could also be apart of "festivities"? I'm not familiar enuf with the area around HH to make any suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.