main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA John Williams at heinz Hall

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *raises hand*
    Looked in bank account- and it told me that the nicer seats are NOT within my price range.. *sigh*
    Put me down for a cheap seat. :)

2. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    okay people ~ since no one has reserved any seats but the gallery ~ I have canceled our reservations for the dress circle & 1/3 back from the stage & post concert.

FROM THIS POINT ON ..........
    The only seats available are the gallery (cheap) seats

3. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ok ~ something I just found out that kind of bothered me a little = not sure how it will affect anyone else:

I was told the proceeds from the after concert reception where going to charity. I didn't know which charity ~ the charity is the Pittsburgh Symphony = in other words they are holding a charitable event to benefit themselves :: but when I was trying to cut a deal to get some free tickets for people who would be willing to help out with the show = they said no because all money was being donated to a charity........Maybe I should start a charity for myself too [face_plain]

4. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Here is the Playlist for the concert <curtesy of Lando's typing skills :) >
    Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra

John Williams, conductor

Liberty Fanfare

Suite from JFK
    Theme
    Motorcade
    Arlington

Theme from Seven Years in Tibet

Suite from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    Hedwig's Theme
    Fawkes The Phoenix
    Nimbus 2000
    Harry's Wondrous World

Hooray for Hollywood

Monsters, Beauties, and Heroes
    King Kong,
    Jaws
    Casablanca
    An Affair to Remember
    Robin Hood
    Superman

Theme from Catch me if you Can

Out to Sea and Shark Cage Fugue from Jaws

Theme from A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Across the Stars from Star Wars Episode II

Throne room and Finale from Star Wars Return of the Jedi

March from Raiders of the Lost Ark

NBC News Theme ("the Mission")

Flying Theme from E.T. The Extra Terrestrial

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Hmmm... I could think of better charities to give $50 to who would need that money more then a symphony that is already world class.

Carrie, I sent you the check for two cheap seats today.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! Is the the playlist for the Pittsburgh concert? I didn't see one on the Pittsburgh Symphony's website.

6. Lando_Da_Pimp

Lando_Da_Pimp Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I am excited to hear the Superman and Across the Stars perfomance.

I wish he was playing Princess Leia theme. Everytime I hear that it gives me goosebumps.

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Carrie, how many official reservations do we need to get the seats you have reserved? Come on people, if you said you are going then please get your check to Carrie soon or at the meeting so we don't get left out in the cold.

8. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *raises hand*
    Will take care of it this weekend.

9. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    Fluke I think we got the tickets. We lose the discount if we don't get 20 people but I think we got them for sure.

But I agree with Fluke send in your money to see Johnny.

10. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    yes, we got tickets no matter what = but whether we get the discount or not hinges on having 20 people give me their money.

so ~ guys ~ show me the money :D = love that phrase :D

11. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Where's the Imperial March!!?? ARGH!!!

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'll be bringing my money to the meeting.

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    My Padawan will be bringing my money to the meeting . . .

14. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    I will have mine and Whitney's money at the cleaveland trip

15. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    So how much are the tickets?

16. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    The tickets are $19.25 and I need the money no later than May 18th.

EDIT: I was only able to reserve a limited amount of seats. Please see the "OFFICIAL RESERVATION" thread to keep track of the reservations. "Seating is limited and tickets are selling out quickly!!"

17. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    okay - folks = I was able to get more tickets, but like I suspected and reported at the meeting, I was not able to get the whole group together. Our total head count is now at 27 total people. = big jump from 15 :)

The deal I worked out with Allison @ HH is to have 3 groups of people in different sections. All are suppose to be relatively close and all groups will be approx same size. I will distribute tickets according to who reserved first. Everyone will meet infront of HH at 7 pm the day of the concert (June 7) and I will hand tickets out then.

Jango Fett 219 = your parents NEED to call me or PM ASAP!!!!!! Tomorrow (5-20-03) will be too late!!!!

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    BUMP. Just a reminder that we meet a 7pm. This is perfect as I can find a place nearby to watch the Belmont Stakes at 6:38pm!

19. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Thanks Fluke - I was trying to free up a second to do this.

PLEASE DO NOT BE LATE!!! ESPECIALLY IF IT IS RAINING!!!! :)

20. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Just got home from J. Williams concert. WOW! It was fantastic! Wonderful music and three encores! Then us forcing poor usher to take our photos ;) And while the rest of the group left, the Padawans insisted on taking a photo of the "Uberbathroom" On the way we passed the reception, which looked very cool :(

After a few slight unplanned detours (gack) the padawagon finally arrived at Dave and Busters, where much food was eaten, good conversation, then the entertainment of Fluke and Sal dancing [face_laugh]

Just a fantastic time!

21. Lando_Da_Pimp

Mar 12, 2002
    What a great time. Sorry guys but I couldn't stick around for pictures. We had reservations at the Cheese Cellar at 10:30 and because of the multple encore's (which I am not complaining about) we were late. They did seat us which was real nice of them.

LDP

22. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    WOW is right!!totally amazing is probably closer to the truth. I had a great time as did Whitney whm even today we were still talkin about it!!

23. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I had such a great time! They saved the best songs for last!
    I bought the Williams/Spielberg CD and it has some GREAT songs on it. I will never forget seeing John Williams in person, even though we were in "Peanut Heaven". On the way home my mom took my grandma and me to Denny's in Cranberry. I can't remember much from there because my cappucino put me to sleep more than it kept me awake. I must have been still thinking about the concert when I went to sleep because I had a dream that I was given an Imperial Royal Guard Helmet.

24. jedimaster chris

jedimaster chris Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 1999
    The concert was incredible!! I was 16 rows on the floor from the front. The Post Reception was unbelievable when John Williams showed up. He was quickly swarmed by everyone there, a good 75 or more people I'd say, but he took the time to talk to each person and listen to them praise him.He signed everything and took photos with people when requested. When it was finally my turn to meet him I got to talk to him quite a bit, shake his hand, he autographed my poster card(given out by Heinz Hall), get a picture with him, talked a little moreto him and said thank you and that was it. A very very nice person and made sure to personally thank everyone for coming to see him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.