main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl 8/29 and 8/30

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I think we should sit in the Grass and set up our Banner!

2. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Do we have anymore info on this?

3. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, I'm dumb. I assumed that since the box office didn't open until May 10th that we couldn't get tickets until then. After looking now, I see that I can order group tickets right now. I'll get a head count so we can get the tickets ordered.

EDIT: Ok, so far, from the posts in SD, LA, and OC boards, I have a total of about 20 people. I'll PM the people who aren't sure and find out if they're still interested.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Do we know what day we are going as a group for sure yet? Not that it matters, I'll go whenever y'all go. Just gotta ask for the time off.

5. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    As far as I knew, most people wanted to go as a group on Saturday. It's the easiest day for most people. That gives us plenty of time to get together, drive up to the shuttle bus pick up point, get to the bowl and relax and eat before the show starts.

6. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Saturday, Ludacris would aprove. Just let me/us know when to go get tickets, or whatever. I'll bring my water baloon launcher.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    We'll be getting a block of tickets all at once, so no need to worry about that. That way we'll be able to sit together.

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    oh wait, i have to sit with you guys? I'm out. Ha just kidding, this is gonna be great! Sadly it'll probably be the highlight of my year.

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    So far, I have a count of 8 from Inland Empire and 11 from us. I haven't counted anyone from Mojave, Ventura, LA, SD, or SoCal RL. Looks like we're already gonna have quite a large group.

10. jedi_janie

jedi_janie Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    Do you have me counted Barry? I can go if we are going on Saturday.

11. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Make that 12 from us :)

12. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    barry; count me, my wife and renee in on this too...are we going in costume?

13. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hi, OCFF!!!

OK, we met yesterday, and the Ventura folks are VERY interested in this.

I believe we have interest in at least 12 tickets, so far.

Let us know what we need to do!

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Barry, I will need a ticket for me, and one for my friend.

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Don: All 3 of you (you, your wife, renee) were counted in the above 12.

Crazybirdman: Gotcha :)

That makes a total of 14 for OCFF. I'm just waiting for the other groups to contact me with their numbers and then we'll be able to get the tickets.

16. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    :~)

VCFF would like to humbly edit our request and make it 14.

17. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    This is for Saturday, right?

18. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Yes, it's for Saturday night.

19. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I know it's been a while since this was mentioned, but I thought I'd add some things.

I just checked ticketmaster online to see how many tickets I could get together. Looks like right now I can get about 20 together (maybe more, I know it said I couldn't get 30) so we may have to split up a bit. The total count I have for all groups is 38 people. That's 16 for OCFF, 8 for Inland Empire, and 14 for Ventura. I have not heard from any other FF groups yet (though I did just read and respond to a message in the LA forums and I've just updated some of my notes on SD).

Worse comes to worse, we split up into 2 or 3 groups. That shouldn't be to bad though, as it'll just mean all those lightsabers waving from slightly different areas instead of concentrated in one spot :)

EDIT: Edited total for OCFF. Added 2 to include TrooperTK602 from the very old poll we had here.

20. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    ALL THE IE KNOWS IS IT GOT DIBBIS WITH YOU GUYS! LET THE OTHER FFS SIT TOGETHER!!!! I WANT TO SIT NEXT TO YOU GUYS OR I?M NOT GOING!!!!(In an Anakin wine) :_|

21. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok everyone, I've waited to long to do this and it needs to be done. I need to know if you can make this event no later than next Tuesday (7/15/03). That will be the drop dead date. If I haven't received a PM from you by that time, I won't be able to get you a ticket.

We're getting the $6 tickets (just slightly better seating than the $3 ones).

Also, as a note, we may not be able to all sit together (wouldn't it have been nice though :)). I will get as many tickets as I can for as close together as I can. If I'm not able to get tickets for everyone (the total now stands at 53) then I will inform those that I'm unable to get tickets for.

I'm running a little behind on this, so I'm gonna try to get it taken care of by the week after Comic-Con.

And IE, don't worry, I know you want to sit with us, so I'm gonna do my best to keep you with us (don't know if it'll be possible or not).

EDIT: This was our previous count, don't know if it's still good or not:

SRB 1
    Britt 1
    Don 3
    Theatrix 3 ?
    Tracy 1 ?
    Rogue_rebel 1
    chibiangi 1
    darth_avery 1 ?
    James 1
    Janie 1
    TrooperTK602 2
    Barry 2

22. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    Is it still possible to sign up for this? I would like to go if tickets are only $6.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Is that James 1, as in one tickect?
    Or is it James +1?
    And is anybody wearing a costume to this event? Will they even be allowed?

24. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Buckethead: I don't know. If I can get enough tickets, I'll count you as in. If not, I'll be sure to let you know. It really is getting late as it is.

James: That's 1 for James. I think the only costumes that people had planned to wear were Jedi costumes. No armor, no blasters, no sabers.

25. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Ohhh. Well if ya can, get me 2 tickets. if not no big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.