main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl 8/29 and 8/30

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BucketHead8723

BucketHead8723 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2003
    It's okay if you can't get a ticket for me, I won't be that upset. But if you could that would be GREAT.

2. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    UPDATE: They have what seems to be a large number of $12 tickets available. The $6 tickets seem to be getting slim (I can probably get 11 of them, but they'll be in 3 different rows).

Please please please let me know if $12 tickets are ok. If a majority of people want $12 tickets, I'm going to get them. I can always get $6 ones for the people that don't want them.

3. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    $12 is fine with me, unless I am the only one buying one.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    $12 is fine for me.

5. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    Barry, were you able to get me a ticket for this event?

6. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    $12 is okay for me.

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    BucketHead: Yes, I was able to get you a ticket.

Everyone: The tickets have all been purchased. If you'd like to pay me at the next meeting, that will be great. The tickets are $12 each. I'm also going to STRONGLY suggest that we do Park and Ride. If you've never done that before, allow me to explain.

Park and Ride is where you go to a location, park your vehicle, and then ride a shuttle bus to your final destination. It's really convenient as you get to avoid traffic and other parking fees (parking at/near the bowl is usually $10 stacked, $20 easy out). The cost for park and ride is $5 for a round trip ticket, plus service charge. There's a place in Pasadena that has a pickup point (I think it's the closest one for this event) so we can just carpool there and then get on the shuttle bus.

I just checked the website and there are quite a few other places we can park at that might be closer. Torrance and Lakewood are two other places that are probably closer to us. Torrance is a 45 min ride and Lakewood is a 55 min ride. From looking at mapquest, Lakewood is right by the Long Beach airport, near the 405 and Bellflower Blvd. Unfortunately, the departure times are 6:30 and 7pm. The Pasadena stop has departure times of 6:05, 6:10, 6:30, 6:45, 7:00 & 7:30 pm. The Torrance stop has departure times of 6:10, 6:20, 6:30, 6:45 & 7:00 pm. Pasadena and Torrance may be our best bet. That will give us plenty of time to get to the bowl, get inside, eat our food, and then relax and enjoy the show.

So, if everyone wants to go park and ride, I can get the tickets. Once again, the cost is $5 for a round trip ticket, plus $1.80 service charge (it's actually 2 tickets at $2.50 each with $.90 service charge per ticket). So each persons total cost will be $6.80 for a round trip park and ride ticket.

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Sign me up for the park & ride. Trying to park at the bowl will turn me to the dark side. Everybody will look like tuskens to me.

What's the dress code for this show?
    Can I wear my Jar Jar tie?

9. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Well, since it's at the end of August, which means it's going to be pretty warm till the sun goes down, t-shirts and jeans should be fine. I know we talked about dressing up, but my Jedi costume will be a bit stuffy in August heat. I've no problem bringing hasbro lightsabers either (don't know how that'll fly with security though ?[face_plain]). I plan to leave my Parks Saber at home.

10. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    awesome, yay for barry. I am looking forward to this one.

11. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    Hear, hear! this is going to be a blast!

12. BucketHead8723

Apr 12, 2003
    Are we going on the 29th or the 30th or both? Just want to be sure. :)

13. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    We're going on the 30th. I believe the RL is planning to go on the 29th, but we're going on the 30th.

14. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi barry;

count the 3 of us in for the park n ride as well. if you can get tickets that would be cool. i agree, its too hot for costumes. lightsabers would be good though. im not sure which i will bring, probably my toy one like you unless others bring thier ELs.

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, here's most of the info you've all been waiting for. We're in section R1. We have seats in rows 9, 11, 12, and 13 (I'll explain that a little more below). I don't have the tickets in front of me right now, but I believe we have all of rows 12 and 13, about half of 11, and two in 9. The reason for the last two is because I miss counted when I ordered the tickets and I had to add two more seats to the order afterwards. So two people will have to sit a couple of rows away from us.

16. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    well, us in the IE got split up once before ;) we wanna sit w/ you guys this time :D

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    That shouldn't be a problem :D We've got all of rows 12 and 13, so anyone in those two rows will be "together".

18. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    :D
    just following the example set by our leader and whining ;)

19. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    I was mistaken. We have all of rows 11 and 12 :D. What we plan to do right now is put OC in the first 15 seats in row 11 or 12 (depends on which is closer :)) and then put the 12 from IE right behind us. That way, you guys are completely with us, and we can just turn around to chit chat before the show and during intermission. Otherwise, we'd have to split IE up between the two rows.

On another note, Valedakor posted the program from the Hollywood Bowl website in the LA thread. You can read it here.

20. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    thank you! We love you guys :D

21. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    So 2 people don't have to sit by themselves?
    Aren't some people from LA and Ventura going? Where will they sit?

22. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    No, two people may still have to sit by themselves. Someone has suggested that we try to trade the seats with some people in row 13 when we get there, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm actually in the process of doing a seating layout. I should know more by the end of today.

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    UPDATE: Looks like Tracy and Britt have volunteered to sit in the two lone seats. Thanks guys, that takes some of the seating decisions off my back :)

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Did anyone buy a ticket or two that they don't need? I am trying to get a ticket for someone in the San Francisco Fanforce. If you have an extra ticket or two, please PM me and I'll buy it from you. Thanks!

(Or do you know if there are some more I could buy at any price?)

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    San Francisco? Dang. That'll be a long way to travel to see John Williams. But it'll also be a blast! I can't wait! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.