John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl 8/29 and 8/30

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by LordJedi, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was able to buy two extra tickets online, thanks LordJedi!

I also ended up buying a parking space today. It cost $21 to reserve a parking space. There are only 31 parking spaces left for August 30th. They cost $11, but the $10 was for ordering the space over the phone. I didn't feel like spending $50 in gas to drive up there and purchase it directly. ;) Anyone interested in buying a parking space for $21, call 323-850-2000, They only have 31 spaces available in the ODIN lot. If you can pack 5 people or more in your car, that isn't an unreasonable amount to pay.
  2. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Looks like we're gonna have a few extra tickets. We have 2 definite openings right now, and we may have 1 more. Bradly and Wookie_Jedi (sorry I can't remember your name right now) are welcome to have the first two tickets. I've informed Jim that we may have an extra for him, but I won't know until the 24th.

Bradly and Wookie_Jedi: If you want the tickets, PM me.
  3. zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Master

star 4
    hi LJ;

did you get a heads up on if we can bring our EL sabers?. if so i better hurry up and repair mine. if not, maybe we can bring toy sabers. i just got my wife a mace windu purple one.
  4. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I will be trying to find this info out today or tomorrow about the sabers.
  5. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, since there have been no objections to it, I'm going to get park and ride tickets this week for the Pasadena pick up for the people I know that need them. Here's the list of people I'm getting them for:

Shawn
    Britt
    Tracy
    James
    Don

I'm getting 2 for Shawn, 2 for James, and 3 for Don. Just 1 each for Britt and Tracy.

If your name is not on that list, speak up and I'll get you a ticket as well. If your name is on that list and you don't need a ticket, say so. Again, this is for the Pasadena park and ride. It's located a few blocks north of where the 110 ends in Pasadena. I'll post better directions later.
  6. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I MIGHT do park and ride. It depends on what time the concert ends. Which would be...when?
  7. micdavis Force Ghost

star 4
    Lord Jedi,

I got three from SDFF looking to join your park & ride to the show.

Sign us up I'll PayPal you the money if need be.

IS the P&R still a go?

Thanks for all the arrangements.

EDIT: I thought it was from Torrance? Pasedena would still be cool but Torrance better I think more time to have fun on the bus.

8. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Torrance is fine as well. I just wanted to make sure we didn't miss any of the buses.

I suggest we plan to arrive at the park and ride no later than 6pm. That way, we should easily be able to get on one of the first 3 buses. People with park and ride tickets board first, so I'm sure we can all fill one bus :D

No need to paypal me the money. You can give me a check when we meet up and that will be fine.
  9. micdavis Force Ghost

star 4
    Well if you guys don't mind why don't we make it the Torrance one. It closer for us and give more time to hang out.

Is that cool with everyone? And 6:00 sounds fine.
  10. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be fine with me. Unless Barry has already purchased the PnR tickets.
  11. StarFromIHJ Force Ghost

star 4
    You guys are going to have a blast! I saw John William's when he came to Philadelphia last month. It was worth the over 2 hour ride in traffic. :)
  12. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Nope, I haven't purchased them yet. It looks like Torrance is the final decision, which is fine with me. I'll get the tickets today or tomorrow.
  13. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Could someone tell me what time the concert ends?
  14. BucketHead8723 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Okay...the thing is that I don't have a ride to the Hollywood Bowl because it is too far from my house, so I may do park and ride. However, if I do park and ride I don't have a ride home from Pasadina or Torrance. I feel like such a noob asking this, especially after this happened at Comic-Con, but if someone -anyone- could give me a ride home from either Pasadina or Torrance (whichever we choose) I would be very grateful, and in their gratitude. If I can't get a ride I probably can't go at all. I apologize for posting this on such short notice, but this is my most desperate hour.
  15. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I will give you the ride. Contact be and we will discuss details.
  16. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I have spoken with my fiance and if it's alright with you guys, I'd rather go to the Pasadena pickup for the park and ride. The reason being is this. That location is only about 15-20 mins from my fiance's house. To get to Torrance, I'd have to drive to her house (San Gabriel) and then drive back to Torrance. So if it's alright with everyone, I'd rather do the Pasadena pickup. Sure, it's 15 mins less time on the bus, but it's 15 more mins that we'll have at the bowl to eat and do mock saber battles :)
  17. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    No problem here. Just check with SD about it as well.
  18. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I forgot to mention it sooner Zach. The concert should end around 11:30 - 11:45. It's got about a 20 min intermission around 9:30 or 10 I think and then he usually comes out and does a couple of encores. With the bus ride to Pasadena being about 30 mins, we should be back to the pickup point no later than 12:30.

EDIT: After looking over my totals, we may end up with 4 extras. That counts the 1 for Jim if he still wants to come and 3 more that I hadn't counted before. I'll find out Sunday night if they are in fact open, so for anyone that wants to come and hasn't spoken up, there may be a ticket available to you. Note also that SD already has some members that have voiced that they would like to come as well, so they'll be given the first opportunity.
  19. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Any info on whether or not we can take parksabers?
  20. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I am going to check into it tomorrow. I got busy at work today and was unable to call about it.
  21. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, now that all the tickets have been allocated, let me post further information on where to meet up.

The park and ride is located in Pasadena. Here's the info from the Hollywood Bowl website:

Pasadena public parking lot, northeast corner of Marengo Avenue and Ramona Street. Entrance to parking area is off Ramona Street.

Now here's how I usually get there. Take the 405N to the 605N to the 5N to the 110N till you get to the end of the freeway (it ends in Pasadena). You will now be on Arroyo Pkwy. Drive north a few blocks to E Holly St and turn right (the street you were just on, N Arroyo Pkwy, should end at a park). Turn left at N Marengo Ave. When you get to Ramona Street, you're there. The parking lot, as it says above, is on the NE corner of Marengo Ave and Ramona Street.

If you need further instructions, PM me before the event and I can give you my cell number in case you get lost.
  22. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Since I forgot to mention it in my last post, I'd like to meet at the pickup point by no later than 6pm. That way we can all get on either the 6:05pm bus or the 6:10pm bus. If anyone wants to meet earlier, I'm ok with that too. I figured 6pm should be good.

Shawn: Any news on getting our Parks Sabers in?

EDIT: Don't know if you guys want to grab some grub before hand or bring a cooler with some food. I'm ok either way. I may end up eating with Irene before hand either way. Also, I just spoke to Shawn. Looks like we're gonna wing it with the Parks Sabers and take them anyway. With all of us entering at the same time, it should be ok. We'll just point them out and try to explain them to security. Cross your fingers.
  23. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Looking over who I still needed to get park and ride tickets for. It looks like I'll be picking up 3. 1 for Bradley, 1 for Danny, and 1 for Don. If there is anyone else that I told I'd get P&R tickets for since last Friday and you're not on that list, let me know.
  24. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    uh, how about britt and i? unless i missed something.
  25. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    You missed something :p I've already picked up tickets for you and Britt and Britt actually has them. Here's the list of people that I've already bought tickets for:

Shawn
    Britt
    Tracy
    James
    Don
    Zach
    SDFF (3 tickets)

I bought 2 for Shawn, 2 for James, and 3 for Don. I'm getting 1 more each for Don, Danny, and Bradley.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.