main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    TDMRHDSpeeder posted
    wait....is there room for chunk? (that's me)

only if you do the truffle shuffle.

2. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Hay Miana! the band can come with us as well if you want to go together. But if not just look for a bunch of dorks with lightsaber..hehe you cant miss us ;)

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, thanks a_s ;).

And trust me.. knowing us, we'll have lightsabers of our own. ;)

4. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
  5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok everyone, I've waited to long to do this and it needs to be done. I need to know if you can make this event no later than next Tuesday (7/15/03). That will be the drop dead date. If I haven't received a PM from you by that time, I won't be able to get you a ticket.

We're getting the $6 tickets (just slightly better seating than the $3 ones).

Also, as a note, we may not be able to all sit together (wouldn't it have been nice though :)). I will get as many tickets as I can for as close together as I can. If I'm not able to get tickets for everyone (the total now stands at 53) then I will inform those that I'm unable to get tickets for.

I'm running a little behind on this, so I'm gonna try to get it taken care of by the week after Comic-Con.

I have 8 total for you guys (don't know the names, just the total).

6. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    UPDATE: They have what seems to be a large number of $12 tickets available. The $6 tickets seem to be getting slim (I can probably get 11 of them, but they'll be in 3 different rows).

Please please please let me know if $12 tickets are ok. If a majority of people want $12 tickets, I'm going to get them. I can always get $6 ones for the people that don't want them.

7. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    12 is fine with me!

8. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    I can go, I can go! :)

And I don't mind paying the $12.

This is only 1 of the 2 breaks I get on a sat for the next three months. Wooo!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ick.. my group bought the $20 tickets... but hey, it's not like we all can't walk around.. (and it's not like we're going to be watching anything.. all we need is our ears.) ;)

10. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Brandon: You asked for 2 in a PM. Does that include the 8 total you mentioned a few months ago? Also, I now have the total for IE at 11. I saw a list of names and then a few more people posted. Is that accurate?

11. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    I think we'll have to do a recount, we took a count at our meeting on Saturday. I think just about everyone was interested. 11 sounds right but we'll have to wait for our Pres, or VP to let you know for sure.

sorry, this post was entirely useless :(

12. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Eddie wants to go to. :)

13. AquaDude

AquaDude Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2003
    IO didn't PM anyone, but if there is an extra ticket I can go.

14. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Go for 12 Barry! than I think the IE is all set!

15. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    The tickets have been purchased (they were actually purchased at the con Thursday :)). I will have 12 tickets for you guys.

As you may or may not know, traffic and parking is horrendous at the bowl. I highly suggest everyone purchase park and ride tickets for the event ($2.50 each way plus service charge). The tickets can be bought at any ticketmaster outlet. Just tell them the day and time and they'll find the event for you. The advantage to park and ride is twofold. 1) You don't have to pay for parking. Parking is usually $10 stacked and $20 easy out. 2) You won't have to fight the traffic getting to the parking lot. You just show up at a park and ride location (there's one in Pasadena that OCFF will probably use), hop on the shuttle bus, and they drop you off right outside the bowl. At the end of the event, you're picked up by the bus just outside the bowl and driven back to your parking location. Parking is free at the park and ride location so you don't have to pay to park there either.

If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to post here or PM me. I will be figuring out how everyone can get me their money for the ticket this week (most likely be using PayPal, but I'm not sure yet).

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Still looking forward to meeting you guys!! :D I love this concert.. not only do I get to hang out with my friend, I get to meet you guys (Hey, where are you guys going to sit, just so I know?), but I also get to meet another online friend of mine from Antelope Valley! Yay!! :D

*glares at the calender and sees we still have a month left*

17. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Ok, here's some more info for you all. We're in section R1. We have seats in rows 9, 11, 12, and 13 (I'll explain that a little more below). I don't have the tickets in front of me right now, but I believe we have all of rows 12 and 13, about half of 11, and two in 9. The reason for the last two is because I miss counted when I ordered the tickets and I had to add two more seats to the order afterwards. So two people will have to sit a couple of rows away from us. Of course, IE is more than welcome to sit with OC :)

EDIT: If you'd like, those of you that are coming can PayPal your money to me at jedimaster.yoda@verizon.net. If you have any questions, post here or PM me.

EDIT 2: Before you PayPal any money to me, if you're planning to, make sure you use the "Service" option. A $1 fee was imposed for the last payment I got from someone else going to the concert. If you'd just like to avoid PayPal all together, you can write me a check and have your city rep send it to me. And if that doesn't work out, you can pay me at the event. It's all up to you guys how you want to do it.

EDIT 3: Ok, it appears that I'm being charged because I have a "premier" account. Until further notice, please just write me a check (or bring cash, that's always nice :)). I just emailed paypal to have my account downgraded, and once that happens I can accept payments for free again :)

18. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    you got it! you'll have cash from me @ the event, if that works for you...I should've just given you the dough @ comic-con...oh well....

19. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    K guys...here is the program (copied from LA)
    Artists:
    Los Angeles Philharmonic; John Williams, conductor; James Earl Jones, narrator

Program:
    Williams, arr.: Hooray For Hollywood
    Williams: Tribute to the Film Composer
    Williams: Escapades for Alto Saxophone and Orchestra, from "Catch Me If You Can"
    Williams: Suite from "Harry Potter"
    Williams: Grand Suite from "Star Wars"

20. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

21. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    SWEEEEEEEEEET! :D

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

23. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
  24. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    So were sitting in front of you guys ?[face_plain]

25. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    No, actually, you're right behind us. Is that ok? I figured if I put you behind us, we wouldn't have to talk across each other, we could just turn around to chit chat before the concert and during intermission.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.